What's new

Foreign workers integration

Not sure of the exact history but I believe the Ainu people are the real Japanese, and before them, someone else.

Let's face it, Japan was once a barbaric nation that wished for Asia to be one Japan..

They committed HUGE attrocities to prove it..

And I wonder why Japanese people are able to travel freely around most of Asia without a visa? And this includes China. Why are they not asked to pay what the Americans pay, that is double. Is it only South Korea that stood up for herself and decided that the Japanese will only get 1 month while most foreigners of developed nations get 3-6months?

I think Japan should be paying billions of dollars to Chinese victims of Nanjing, and should become visa nationals where they do not travel visa free.

I would hate to see Japan get dominated by foreigners.
I don't see anyone here promoting the domination of Japan by foreigners (except you).

Now, Japan I truly admire having the economic strength to not being dwarfed by many westerners
You really have no idea what the economy in Japan is like, do you? Bid rigging schemes through the government, banks in debt up to their ears, yet continually loaning money out to companies even further in debt, payroll and tax systems so complicated that Japanese accountants themselves can't figure things out, etc... What economic strength are you talking about here?

I am delighted knowing that for once, the white man doesn't get his way acting like ignorant aristocratic children.
Granted, foreigners (yes, that includes Americans) need to abide by foreign business rules and culture, and my own fellow Americans are often guilty of not doing that, but what do you say to people like Ghosn, who came into Japan and rescued the company?

Oh, and are you going to continue your racist tripe if Obama becomes the next US President, or will you shift over to some Black trashing?

it is really a change of turning the table around when it comes to many of you having to go to Tokyo's Ginza or Roppongi being amazed by the high prices.
Not may foreigners really do shop in Ginza.

Even the English with their mighty pound sterling are often buckled down and become humble guests not being able to act like a bunch of smart *** farangs as you do in Thailand throwing 100 bhat here and there as if it were peanuts.
If you'd actually look around, you'd notice that many Londoners think the prices in Japan aren't bad at all.

If you'd actually look around, you'd notice that many Londoners think the prices in Japan aren't bad at all.

Yeah, I couldn't quite understand this one either. Japan was so cheap compared with the prices I have to pay in London. Almost everything is twice the price here.

Yeah, I couldn't quite understand this one either. Japan was so cheap compared with the prices I have to pay in London. Almost everything is twice the price here.

I've never looked at the London prices. How much on average is is to buy a pair of jeans? Is it more or the same than prices here?

All I know is that America is paying $20 for the same harcover book that I just bought for $25....and our dollar is on par/worth more than theirs lately. :eek: And isn't British money worth more than both?

Jeans can be bought for 200baht. That is, 6.66 USD. I would be willing to work for 100bhat an hour or $3.00 as a labourer on a construction site. Do you think I can get work?

No, jeans in the states cost about $25+
....Here in Canada you'll be likely to pay $35 for quality jeans, before taxes (and these are minimum prices for both countries as jeans can go for anything from $15 to $500+)

And if you tried to get work anywhere in N. America and they offered you $3.00/h...run. Those are slave labour prices.
For a construction job (though I'm not very familiar with them) I'd say average wages would be maybe $15-$20/h

No, jeans in the states cost about $25+
....Here in Canada you'll be likely to pay $35 for quality jeans, before taxes (and these are minimum prices for both countries as jeans can go for anything from $15 to $500+)
And if you tried to get work anywhere in N. America and they offered you $3.00/h...run. Those are slave labour prices.
For a construction job (though I'm not very familiar with them) I'd say average wages would be maybe $15-$20/h

Oh wow, what I would consider a good wage of 100baht an hour, which would be 2.5x what I can get in Thailand would be slave labour in Canada, eh?
Looks like some farang wanted to exploit me for not having the proper papers to work. The minimum wages act would not apply to me, as I would have no immigration status should I work in Canada, according to this Canadian fellow I met up in Kaosan Road in Bangkok.

It's actually illegal for any employer here to pay their employee $3.00, immigrant or not.

Plus, if you had no immigration status than you would be considered an illegal alien and it's in those cases that people will try to get away with paying you scraps. Both he and you could be arrested in N. America because of that.

So you'd probably be well advised to stay away from people like and talk to someone from an immigration agency instead.
Last thing you want is to be caught up in one of those human trafficking traps, eh?

Minimum wage laws apply to everyone. The wage itself will probably differ if one is full-time or part-time.

I would have no immigration status
(tongue in cheek response here): What? Are you invisible or something? (serious response now): You always have an immigration status. Legal or otherwise. What the heck were you talkiing about?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but we are talking about Japan, not America or Canada a nation of with the principles of embracing multicultralism. Japan needs to be accepting everyone at least with those of full Japanese ancestry back to Japan. They could then get help paying the pension for the old aged people also. I think opening up dual citizenship completely is the best solution, but that they must pay their world income to Japan. And who but someone who is ethnically Japanese would be pleased to do this with few complaints? This way, Japan can repair herself from her own kinsmen. No more full on white guys becoming Japanese until dual citizenship is achieved for those who are already Japanese, or are nikkeijin. If a complete gaijin finds this unfair, please remember that Japan is NOT Canada. I also do not however support in giving Brazillian Nikkeijin to ensure that their children who are born in Japan and are full blooded Japanese to be given portugese education to keep up some foreign culture. This can be corrected by simply handing the kid a Japanese passport and say, you are now issei again, and Brazil is not your heritage. And only to a full nikkeijin can Japan get away doing this to. It will go much more smoothly than some Zainichi Korean making trouble. A nikkeijin is originally Japanese, so the child by not having a Brazilian identity that was of a foreign source to begin with will be of no consequence to the fully Japanese child. He will be just a normal Japanese child, and this is the best way to do things the Japanese way.

Sounds like Nazism to me. Japanese "blood" is not what makes one Japanese. I have met many Americans who were more Japanese than a lot of these nikeijin. No, I do not belive they should be given carte blance to come to Japan and settle. Work visas, maybe, but PR or citizenship, they should be scrutinzed like anyone else.

You're necro-posting a reply to somebody who hasn't been here since January 30th.

Back
Top Bottom