What's new

Flow like water in Kanji?

ルート

Registered
22 May 2021
Does anyone know how to properly write "flow like water" in Japanese kanji? Nagareru koto Mizu no gotoshi in hiragana I think. I took a year of Japanese in college but unfortunately was unable to come back to it when I entered my career field. I remember nagareru meaning flowing, and Mizu as water. From what I can gather gotoshi means "like" or "same as". I can not remember koto other than meaning "thing". I think it changes the meaning if used after a verb. In a forum I found 流如水 to be the correct kanji but I don't know entirely and I want this to be correct.

I didn't realise it was the same forum. Yeah that is the right one. I know normally kanji is written from the top to the bottom. If it was written from left to right, would hiragana be used instead or is kanji still appropriate?

Kanji is still ok. Direction of the writing doesn't influence which script to use.
However, when using only kanji it is quite likely a Japanese person will not recognize it as Japanese, and may assume it is Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom