What's new

Favorite sandwich

Taken from here:
Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

"Definition for "sandwich" in The American Heritage® Dictionary
sandwich: NOUN: 1a. Two or more slices of bread with a filling such as meat or cheese placed between them. b. A partly split long or round roll containing a filling. c. One slice of bread covered with a filling."

I wonder how Mos Burger defines some of their offerings like the recent Lettuce Burger which uses tightly pressed lettuce layers to hold the meat in place instead of a traditional bun (healthy but a bit sloppy to eat, heh).

I would also include (in the definition of a sandwich) using one's hands to eat is universally acceptable when eating a sandwich. With a few exceptions (ex. an open-faced hot roast beef sandwich smothered in gravy and served on a plate) most people don't use cutlery when eating a sandwich.

"Most Expensive Sandwich" on Sale
The ingredients of the sandwich are: Wagyu beef, fresh lobe foie gras, black truffle mayonnaise, brie de meaux, rocket, red pepper and mustard confit and English plum tomatoes.
_41542850_sandwich203-1.jpg

Hiroyuki Nagashima said:
A simple question :?
What is the definition of sandwiches? 😌
What is the boundary line of sandwiches and a hamburger? :unsure:

Burger: a fried cake of minced beef/chicken, porkツ…etc served on a bun

Sandwich: two (or more) slices of bread with a filling between them

My favourite sandwiches are tuna with mayo in long French breads or sandwich sliced breads, ham and cheese on French breads or sandwich sliced breads. I also love nutella sandwiches as well as peanut butter and confiture sandwiches.👍

My favorite sandwich that I can make is probably a nice fresh cut turkey breast on toasted sourdough, with pepper jack cheese (melted), mustard, lettuce, tomato and maybe even a bit of bacon. I'm a ****** for anything on toasted sourdough.

As far as sandwiches I can buy, I love a good spicy pulled pork sandwich, a pastrami on rye, or a nice big cheese steak.

Oh dear... how did I stumble across this one?
I really really love sandwiches, gluten intolerant yes, I am... but anyway I still like to indulge with consequences.
My list of top 5 (or thereabout) sandwiches.

1: Kikorangi (NZ) blue cheese, on warm fresh garlic bread, bacon and some other kind of cheese (yup im lactose intolerant too...), occasionally some three pepper pate.

2: Wholemeal Pita pocket with roast chicken, coleslaw (no mayo), avocado, and then your own favourite mayo... mines usually aoli or something similar.

3: Vogels bread (YUMMY BREAD!) in a toasted sandwich maker... with peanut butter, mashed banana, and chocolate chips.

4: B.L.A.T Bacon, Tomato, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato relish.. pickles etc etc etc.

5: Marmite and Cheese grilled in the oven! Or: Marmite, Cheese and Tomato on your favourite bread. I have fond memories of being 3 and watching the lunchtime news (strange kid) with my all time favourite sammie!

6: Mashed potato on toast with cheese and mushrooms.

There I think thats it for now.... Im getting hungry!

I still tend to enjoy the classic "Reuben" - Toasted rye bread, Montreal smoked meat or corned beef, lashings of sauerkraut ... a little melted cheese .... and Dijon mustard to taste.

Oh! ..... and a beer .... !

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

Back
Top Bottom