What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Question English speaking internship in Japan?

Wanja

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently studying International Communication Management in the Netherlands and I am fascinated by the Japanese culture and language. I started learning the language 6 months ago, but I am still A1 level and I am only able to hold very basic conversations. I am supposed to do my internship in 2022 (hopefully if the Covid situations permits it by then) and I absolutely want to take the chance to do this in Japan as I would love to live there for a while. However, I am quite sure my Japanese level will not be good enough by then to work in a Japanese speaking company. This is why I wanted to know if it is even possible to get an internship at a company that is English speaking, or that needs English speakers as well as Japanese speakers? The internship needs to be in the field of Communication/ Marketing/ Planning/ Managing etc.

Thank you very much for your help!
Wanja

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
The short answer is yes. The long answer is that it depends on the company. There must be a ton of information you can find with a simple search using those keywords.

Top Bottom