What's new

Does anyone have 5 yen coins?

st2910

後輩
22 Aug 2009
I am from Hong Kong, China.
I've been collecting 5 yen coins, but I can only find very few in Hong Kong.
So I come here to seek for help.

If so, would you be so kind to post me some??

Thank you very much.
(PS I don't know Japanese, so please reply my post in English, thanks.)

I have collected old Japanese coins from the 1960's-1970's,all in small denominations include 5 円.I put them away in a wooden chest up in the attic.

Hi there, I collect $100 bills. I have ones from 1978, 1983, and 1994, but I'm trying to complete the collection by having at least one from every year minted. Perhaps we could trade?

Honestly, I didn't know 5 yen coins even existed. Now I'm concerned with finding a way to get rid of the damn 1 yen coins too. It's like having the pinch tops of soda cans in your wallet.

Why are 5 yen coins the only Japanese coins with no Arabic numerals on either face ?

Is there a particular value, or maybe superstition, attached to that ? I'm not a collector, but the uniqueness always just struck me as minorly interesting. :)

Why are 5 yen coins the only Japanese coins with no Arabic numerals on either face ?

Is there a particular value, or maybe superstition, attached to that ? I'm not a collector, but the uniqueness always just struck me as minorly interesting. :)

Wow, even though I've seen 5 yen coin all my life, I did not realize it has no Arabic number on it! :p

Many coin related websites mention the fact, but I could not find out why.
I wonder why??

Wow, even though I've seen 5 yen coin all my life, I did not realize it has no Arabic number on it! :p

Many coin related websites mention the fact, but I could not find out why.
I wonder why??
On the other denominations, the yen sign and Japanese writing is always much smaller than their numbers, so could be a simple matter of sizing.

Now to only understand that bias...:p

I am from Hong Kong, China.
I've been collecting 5 yen coins, but I can only find very few in Hong Kong.
So I come here to seek for help.

If so, would you be so kind to post me some??

Thank you very much.
(PS I don't know Japanese, so please reply my post in English, thanks.)
Ni hao!...If you are still looking for 5Yen japanese coins, please contact me at Dansuki @ sc. rr. com and i will tell you what i have! Do you only collect 5 yen coins? I have many other japanese coins also if you are interested! Please contact me....I wait for you!
Zai jian 88
Dan in USA

Back
Top Bottom