What's new

Do long-time residents get the funk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen, please keep it civil and abstain from personal attacks. As I have no time to monitor this thread around the clock, I'm closing it until later today.

Edit: cleaned out the "ad hominem" and reopened the thread. Please mind your language and agree to disagree respectfully.

Last edited:
Are we meant to be impressed by that?

Are we meant to be impressed by you parading your ignorance in front of everyone and chewing people up on here? Or am I supposed to bow down to you because you've got 15,000 comments? Do you honestly think that gives you any prowess or authority on anything, save being a sad, miserable, bored old man?

Last edited:
Gentlemen, please keep it civil and abstain from personal attacks. As I have no time to monitor this thread around the clock, I'm closing it until later today.

Edit: cleaned out the "ad hominem" and reopened the thread. Please mind your language and agree to disagree respectfully.

Was it really that offensive? I didn't use any obscene language, and I'm sure the recipient of my comments can handle it (who knows, it might even cheer him up...)

You wouldn't get that sort of thing though, living below your troll bridge, dolloping out your own personal frustration to all. I wish the best of luck in finding some small amount of happiness in your life.

Don't hold your breath. I've seen plenty of people like him who've been in Japan for years and got more and more bitter and twisted as a result. He seems beyond help. Forums like this give them an outlet for their misanthropy.

No, you were just another straight white guy living in a bubble that privileged you. Ask your many minority friends how they felt about living in America 20 years ago.
Well seeing as how all my friends are around my age they'll likely all remember childhood things from 20 years ago. Most 9 year olds don't go around wondering which of their friends are the most privileged(I'm assuming since I'm no long 9 years old).

Also my personality isn't so two dimensional that it's the only thing that defines me. If your personality is that shallow I feel sorry for you but I ask that you stop referring to me as a white male and specifically pushing this oppression agenda with everything that I have to say.

Last edited:
Also my personality isn't so two dimensional that it's the only thing that defines me. If your personality is that shallow I feel sorry for you but I ask that you stop referring to me as a white male and specifically pushing this oppression agenda with everything that I have to say.
You have no idea how two dimensional your posts here have been (straight white American boy visits Japan, has a deep understanding of life, Japan, the world). I'll take your word that in your offline life you are a much more complicated individual. Honestly, if you judged me only by my posts here, you're getting only a sliver of my personality, so I can give you the respect to say that the description in parentheses is only a sliver of yours. I'm sure you are a complicated human.

If you continue to post about racial issues (i.e. Political correctness) from the point of view of a white American dude with enough cash to holiday in Japan for a month, no, I will call you out as I see it. You call it oppression agenda, I call it spoiled kid doesn't want minority issues to bum out his good time. If I had to say what are the top five problems with America, you'd be squarely in that list.

Thanks for chiming in on how long term residents feel the funk. You made some friends over a month here. A month is certainly a long time to some. Looking forward to your next tone-deaf comment and your follow up sense of indignation... Or something genuinely insightful and not reactionary. Whichever you feel more comfortable composing. It's up to you

I simply posted about my memories as a child. I didn't say anything about racial issues when I said political correctness, which includes more than racial issues and is more of a "how you can use English" guide. It seems you're the one obsessed with race not me.

I simply posted about my memories as a child. I didn't say anything about racial issues when I said political correctness, which includes more than racial issues and is more of a "how you can use English" guide. It seems you're the one obsessed with race not me.
Race, gender, sexuality, it's all there. After all, I called you a straight white guy. That's not merely race. Anyway, start a new thread if you want to express how frustrating political correctness is for dudes like you, and disconnected it is from race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom