What's new

Demand for cup noodles soaring

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
While most of the ecomony is in free fall, some do thrive even in a time of pandemic. While domestic demand is increasing, Nissin primarily aims at the US market where their cup noodles are marketed by Walmart.

In March, around 7.19 million cup-type instant noodle packages were sold at supermarkets in Japan, a 13% gain from a year earlier, according to data collected by Nikkei POS. The top-selling product was Nissin's 78 gram, standard size Cup Noodles. There is no data on overseas sales, but "demand is strong," a company representative said.

And now you can wash them down with Cup Noodle soda.

Cup-Noodle-Soda-Japan-instant-ramen-drinks-food-Nissin-review-taste-test-photos-1.jpg

Nissin, the creators of Cup Noodle, the world's first-ever instant noodle, came out with their craziest 50th birthday announcement yet: they would be releasing Cup Noodle sodas.

That's right, the esteemed makers of the instant Cup Noodle would be taking well-known flavours from four of their top varieties, and turning them into fizzy drinks for the first time ever.

The new sodas are based on the following Cup Noodle flavours: Original Cup Noodle, Curry, Seafood, and Chilli Tomato

I was the world's fussiest eater when I arrived in Japan. In 2 years , I never tried or ate Japanese food. If I didn't eat on base , I went to the American style restaurants in Fukuoka. No matter where I traveled in Japan , I found a way to follow my spoiled attitude on food. My wife and marriage changed my eating habits , LOL.

I was the world's fussiest eater when I arrived in Japan. In 2 years , I never tried or ate Japanese food. If I didn't eat on base , I went to the American style restaurants in Fukuoka. No matter where I traveled in Japan , I found a way to follow my spoiled attitude on food. My wife and marriage changed my eating habits , LOL.
Did you ever get a chance to try real Japanese food?

Good news everyone, a heroine has arrived:

This is the most tragic thing I've read in a while. I'm glad your wife helped break you out of your culinary prison!

At the time , I hated , rice , fish , vegetables and refused to try new things. There was a small Japanese restaurant near my apartment that I taught to make hamburgers , spaghetti and even Italian sandwiches. I would buy things on base and give him to use for me. The owner was young and seemed to enjoy learning about American food. When it came to food , I was spoiled rotten growing up and lived on soda and candy and sweets as a youth which is why I have no teeth now. When I got out of high school , I weighed 92 pounds and when I got out of the Navy I was around 110 LBS. I now weigh 200 LBS from my wife's cooking.

Back
Top Bottom