What's new

Conspiracy Theories about Shinzo Abe's Assassination

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Conspiracy theories galore: based on reports of the shooter being motivated by a hatred for a particular organisation he associated with Shinzo Abe, some netizens believe it to be the Korea-based religious group Unification Church. The church, whose members are notably referred to as Moonies, supports Korean reunification, decries communism and supports politically conservative causes. Shinzo Abe and Donald Trump supported the church in the past.

From Wikipedia:
In 2021, Donald Trump and Shinzo Abe gave speeches praising Unification Church in its event named Rally of Hope.[90][91][92][93] Unification Church has ties with Kishi Nobusuke, Abe's grandfather and former prime minister, and Abe Shintaro, Abe's father and former foreign minister.

Source:

Although the Japanese authorities and mainstream media still refuse to name the Unification Church (Moonies), all the new reporting on the killing of Shinzo Abe suggests that it wasn't about politics but Abe's promotion of the church. The shooter's mother went bankrupt donating to the Moonies, and he was angry.

Source: Twitter link 1 - Twitter link 2

Parts of the story were confirmed by police:

The man who fatally shot former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has told police that he initially planned to attack a leader of a religious group that he believed caused his mother to become bankrupt through donations, investigative sources said Saturday. Tetsuya Yamagami, 41, also admitted that he intended to kill Abe, believing he had promoted the group in Japan, the sources said, without naming the group. The suspect had repeatedly visited locations where Abe had delivered campaign speeches ahead of Sunday's House of Councillors election.

More details emerge: Yamagami Tetsuya, the suspect, told police that his family disintegrated because his mother was obsessed with a religious group he accuses Abe of promoting (see above).

Also, more questions were raised about the efficiency of Abe's security detail, which left his back completely unprotected.

At a press briefing on Saturday in Nara, Tomoaki Onizuka, head of the Nara prefectural police, acknowledged flaws in the protection that had been given to Mr. Abe. "It is undeniable that there were problems in the security," Mr. Onizuka said.

Can we believe Mr. Abe was killed due to this reason?

Attachments

• gh.jpg
    gh.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 49
No. have you read ANY of this thread? Or this one?

You are welcome to believe whatever you want, but that doesn't make it true, nor should such claims go unchallenged. I welcome you to provide any actual evidence to support your theory, other than a photo that practically any world leader from the past decade has taken.

Last edited:
In an assassination, the detectors usually pose every type of theory to find the reason for the murder. I think Mr. Abe was a moderate politician and tended to have a better relationship, and friendship with his brother's land, China. That was not a tolerable thing for oppositions with an extreme tendency.

A few years ago, I even had some research about the murder of deceased Jon-F- Kennedy, the president of America. At the time, I made some theories about the kill. Based on my theory, the assassin was not the studious young man ( I have forgotten his name) with a social reformation tendency.

Last edited:
In an assassination, the detectors usually pose every type of theory to find the reason for the murder. I think Mr. Abe was a moderate politician and tended to have a better relationship, and friendship with his brother land, China. That was not a tolerable thing for oppositions with an extreme tendency.
You're grasping at straws, and completely ignoring a mountain of evidence, including Yamagami's own confession that this murder was about his anger towards the Moonies. Literally no one but you has suggested that China had anything to do with it, so I wonder what you're doing here. Read the rest of this thread AND the one I linked above before you propose any more baseless theories.

However, it was a theory I expressed.

Nevertheless, I don't think killing the previous faultless prime minister of Japan was a personal emotion and violence. Probably, the stupid killer could be provoked by a political group, and they assigned him to do the crime with a religious motivation.

Nevertheless, I don't think killing the previous faultless prime minister of Japan was a personal emotion and violence. Probably, the stupid killer could be provoked by a political group, and they assigned him to do the crime with a religious motivation.
On what evidence do you base your theory? Are you aware of any such political group that both wanted the former prime minister dead and had definite contact with and influence over the assassin? Provide some evidence or take this baseless nonsense elsewhere.

Consider this your last warning; I have very little patience for baseless conspiracy theories, and I will NOT see this forum flooded with such specious claims. If you are just making stuff up because it seems plausible to you, I will give you a time out to think about what it means to participate in a grown-up conversation.

@Mansoor, with all due respect, Mr Abe was far from faultless. And far from moderate. His two tenures were marred by scandals, corruption, controversy, and political failure. Whenever things got untenable, he resigned, claiming health problems. His, his father's, and grandfather's collusion with the Unification Church sort of sealed his fate. Please read the threads @nice gaijin suggested. I am pretty sure his state funeral scheduled for September will be cancelled for whatever reason, simply because it's undeserved and out of place.

On what evidence do you base your theory? Are you aware of any such political group that both wanted the former prime minister dead and had definite contact with and influence over the assassin? Provide some evidence or take this baseless nonsense elsewhere.

Consider this your last warning; I have very little patience for baseless conspiracy theories, and I will NOT see this forum flooded with such specious claims. If you are just making stuff up because it seems plausible to you, I will give you a time out to think about what it means to participate in a grown-up conversation.
Hi, nice gaijin

Why are you so sensitive to this subject?! It is a theory whether baseless or true. I didn't express it as a certain thing. I just commented on it as a probability. You can ignore it or think about it. It is the choice of readers to consider this theory or put it away.

I also didn't accuse anyone or any group. I just posed what I think about this adventure. Such theory is a theory that has not been proven yet, so I didn't accuse any specified person or group except the damn fool killer himself.

Now, he should be interrogated by the Japanese police or judges to find out who he was taking orders from. Who has deceived him, who helped him to make a bear killer gun, who planned the time and place of the murder? And so on.

As I told you before, it seems it was an organized assassination (as a theory), but I don't think the stupid killer confesses to his relationship with the unknown group and prefers to die but doesn't express a word in this case. Or maybe the hidden group kills him before an overt trial, or he is imprisoned instead of dead, or he is sent to an asylum as an insane for a few years and then is released!

Anyhow, this event is shady and needs more investigation.

@Mansoor, with all due respect, Mr Abe was far from faultless. And far from moderate. His two tenures were marred by scandals, corruption, controversy, and political failure. Whenever things got untenable, he resigned, claiming health problems. His, his father's, and grandfather's collusion with the Unification Church sort of sealed his fate. Please read the threads @nice gaijin suggested. I am pretty sure his state funeral scheduled for September will be cancelled for whatever reason, simply because it's undeserved and out of place.

Hello, senior

Your viewpoints are respectable to me :) but I think about Abe Shinzo otherwise, though everybody has some failures in his life, including Abe.

Despite I didn't know him much before, in general, I loved his peaceful, humble and logical character.

Last edited:
It is a theory whether baseless or true. I didn't express it as a certain thing. I just commented on it as a probability. You can ignore it or think about it. It is the choice of readers to consider this theory or put it away.
As others have pointed out, there is absolutely no evidence for your theory and neither have you given any justification why it could be true.
I don't think nice gaijin is "sensitive" about your theory - he's merely irritated at such a baseless theory being proposed, him quite reasonably asking you to give him some reason why it might be true, and you not giving him any.

And as Thomas says, there was very little that was peaceful, humble, or logical about Abe. He was widely described as a hawk by political analysts and experts on Japan, and according to accounts I've read, he was vain and humourless.

I can't prove my theory because I haven't any evidence to offer here.

I also can't accuse anybody or a specified Japanese political group because of my little information about the group in favor of Mr. Abe and the group against him. I only know some Japanese political groups showed adversary to him during his long ministry.

As far as I know, a group of politicians admired and followed him, and a group tried to damage his national beliefs, decisions, and governmental position.

Abe wished for a powerful Japan with an organized and equipped army in the direction of the international laws. I'm sure you are familiar with his opinion herein. Nevertheless, he was a lover of global peace and good relationship with other countries, especially neighbors.

He wanted to erase the dark history of Japan in WWII and after the war. He wanted to build a new Japan apart from the past and take back the real identity of a peaceful Japan and the Japanese nation, though he didn't succeed to realize his ideas due to some Japanese opposition groups.

I heard when the first bullet didn't hit him, he didn't scare and sat on the ground, but it was the fault of his guards who didn't react in time and allowed the shooter to open fire for a second time.

Sorry for his death

@Mansoor, this is what you sound like:
"Some people liked this politician, but some people didn't... Based on this universal truth for every politician who has ever lived, I'm going to ignore everything that has been reported about this case and make up a whole conspiracy to assassinate him after he's out of power. Then when I get pushback, I'll wonder loudly why I'm being silenced for 'just asking questions.' Why won't you provide me with a platform to spout my baseless claims? Are you afraid of the truth?"

I apologize, for using the word "theory." Theories are based on empirical evidence; this is a carelessly specious musing at best. You have literally nothing upon which to base this idea; you're merely writing fanfiction for authoritarians. You contradict yourself from one sentence to the next, projecting your own impressions of these men despite the facts that you yourself admit. How does Abe "loving peace" translate to re-establishing Japan as a military superpower? What makes men who consolidate authoritarian power over their people humble, in any sense of the word? Many of the people who opposed his policies were against militarization; you think the ex-military guy with a personal grudge was groomed into building a homemade arsenal and assassinating a retired politician... by a bunch of peaceniks?

I'm not sure if you are even aware of how outrageously unrealistic that sounds. It's possible in the same sense that it's possible that my cat is the vanguard of an alien invasion, sent here to observe my behavior.

If I seem sensitive, it's because I'm highly allergic to BS, and I'm wary of bootlickers. I operate under the assumption that in a serious discussion we're all sharing our thoughts in good faith. My resistance to you spewing conspiracy theories onto this forum (a safe haven for thoughtful discussion) comes from seeing exactly what this kind of unchecked nonsense has done to social media and our public discourse. Substantiate your claims or prepare to get roasted for them.

You've paid your respects, I'd leave it at that.

Last edited:
@Mansoor, this is what you sound like:
"Some people liked this politician, but some people didn't... Based on this universal truth for every politician who has ever lived, I'm going to ignore everything that has been reported about this case and make up a whole conspiracy to assassinate him after he's out of power. Then when I get pushback, I'll wonder loudly why I'm being silenced for 'just asking questions.' Why won't you provide me with a platform to spout my baseless claims? Are you afraid of the truth?"

I apologize, for using the word "theory." Theories are based on empirical evidence; this is a carelessly specious musing at best. You have literally nothing upon which to base this idea; you're merely writing fanfiction for authoritarians. You contradict yourself from one sentence to the next, projecting your own impressions of these men despite the facts that you yourself admit. How does Abe "loving peace" translate to re-establishing Japan as a military superpower? What makes men who consolidate authoritarian power over their people humble, in any sense of the word? Many of the people who opposed his policies were against militarization; you think the ex-military guy with a personal grudge was groomed into building a homemade arsenal and assassinating a retired politician... by a bunch of peaceniks?

I'm not sure if you are even aware of how outrageously unrealistic that sounds. It's possible in the same sense that it's possible that my cat is the vanguard of an alien invasion, sent here to observe my behavior.

If I seem sensitive, it's because I'm highly allergic to BS, and I'm wary of bootlickers. I operate under the assumption that in a serious discussion we're all sharing our thoughts in good faith. My resistance to you spewing conspiracy theories onto this forum (a safe haven for thoughtful discussion) comes from seeing exactly what this kind of unchecked nonsense has done to social media and our public discourse. Substantiate your claims or prepare to get roasted for them.

You've paid your respects, I'd leave it at that.

I'm suspicious of the event that the highest character of Japan who served the Japanese people for many years is killed by a strayed villain based on a trivial pretext.

Nothing is in its place so that I can conclude that killing the most famous minister of Japan was due to a personal purpose or a simple religious conflict!

Also, the word "theory" you used is correct. The theory is a concept that has not been proven and there is not any evidence to prove it, yet.

Moreover; my expression was a question not a direct and overt opinion.

So, the answer could be one of these two words simply, yes OR no

Mansoor - As you say, you have no evidence to offer your theory. In that case, you shouldn't post your theory. And a cursory read of Japanese history will tell you that it's been anything but peaceful. I'm sorry to be blunt, but you are showing your ignorance of Japan in your recent posts.
Please, refer to my previous post :)

For anyone who may be confused, this side discussion about alternative ideas on what happened to Mr. Abe has been split into a separate thread. Go wild here if you want, and keep the serious discussion to the original thread.
I'm suspicious of the event that the highest character of Japan who served the Japanese people for many years is killed by a strayed villain based on a trivial pretext.

Nothing is in its place so that I can conclude that killing the most famous minister of Japan was due to a personal purpose or a simple religious conflict!

Also, the word "theory" you used is correct. The theory is a concept that has not been proven and there is not any evidence to prove it, yet.

Moreover; my expression was a question not a direct and overt opinion.

So, the answer could be one of these two words simply, yes OR no
Personal vendetta may seem a trivial pretext to you, but not to the person with such a vendetta. As discussed in the original thread, the story as we understand it thus far is that this wasn't a matter of "religious conflict," but a personal grudge the assassin felt against Abe for his perceived relationship with a specific church (or cult, to be more accurate).

In regards to your assertions, "theory" may only be accurate here in one sense of the word:
theory
thē′ə-rē, thîr′ē
noun
  1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
  2. The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice.
  3. A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.
  4. Abstract reasoning; speculation.
  5. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment.
  6. An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.
  7. Contemplation.
  8. Perception or consideration of the relations of the parts of an ideal construction, which is supposed to render completely or in some measure intelligible a fact or thing which it resembles or to which it is analogous; also, the ideal construction itself.
  9. An intelligible conception or account of how something has been brought about or should be done.
A far more appropriate term for what you've posited is "conspiracy theory."
conspiracy theory
noun
  1. A theory seeking to explain a disputed case or matter as a plot by a secret group or alliance rather than an individual or isolated act.
  2. A hypothesis alleging that the members of a coordinated group are, and/or were, secretly working together to commit illegal or wrongful actions including attempting to hide the existence of the group and its activities. In notable cases the hypothesis contradicts the mainstream explanation for historical or current events.
  3. Hypothetical speculation that is untrue or outlandish.

All you need is a little imagination and a shaky grasp on reality. You don't even need to really believe what you're saying, until you start getting sued for defamation at least...

Oh no, maybe I was wrong. This just in from the Daily BlameSpreader:

BREAKING: Shocking new evidence has just been brought to light!
The killer may have been wearing a rubber mask to obscure their true identity. There's been no mention of a mask in the mainstream media, which tells you they're trying to silence journalists trying to get to the bottom of things. This media blackout on the mask theory is so suspicious, why don't they want us asking any questions?
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F7bd9ec46-232b-11e6-840f-4c4661f34181.jpg

49527921c7bb08bff990fd830f2a3950.jpg
imrs.php

2016+G20+State+Leaders+Hangzhou+Summit+WiEYk6uLRNqx.jpg

It's a veritable whodunnit! So many suspects, it's hard to know where to start...
  • Was it Angela Merkel, offended by Abe's poor German accent?
  • Maybe James Cameron was insulted when Abe told him he couldn't get him into studio Ghibli.
  • Or Justin Trudeau, incensed that Abe refused to try poutine?
  • Aha! Abe's meeting with Moon Jae-in must have upset the uyoku, and so they blackmailed a young zainichi salaryman to carry out the attack
  • Trump and Modi might've plotted his demise after he insisted on fist bumps instead of doing the fusion dance, ruining their troupe's chances of winning the golden ticket on India's Got Talent...
  • Or maybe it was Vladimir Putin, upset that he looks so short next to PM Abe.
My money's on MBS; he must have been desperate to stop Abe's stump speech for a local candidate, because he was going to expose proof that Jamal Khashoggi's violent murder was carried out as revenge for beating MBS in a pie-eating contest.

Just look, you can see the murder in his eyes. We all know he could do it if he wanted...
Crown-Prince-Mohammed-bin-Salman-and-Shinzo-Abe.jpg

WE MAY NEVER KNOW! BUT WE'LL KEEP DIGGING TILL WE FIND SOMETHING PLAUSIBLE!

007.gif

Last edited:
@nice gaijin

Well, although my English is not at a good level, I think hypothesis and theory have a close meaning and sometimes are used instead of each other occasionally.

Second, as I'm suspicious of Mr. Abe's murder on which probably an opposition group had a role in that event, the conspiracy theory term can be attached to my suspicion!

@johnnyG

This would be a good avatar for you:

View attachment 88887
I heard a little about him in the news (I don't remember what was the subject). He was one who claimed something and then confessed (maybe by himself or under political pressure) that he did a mistake, but my considerable question was not an overt assertion.

I usually am careful enough not to express a sensitive subject overtly that causes bigotry on the opposite side.

As I notified you before, my expression was in case of a question, and it didn't seem assertive.

Based on viewpoint of the majority of the experts, reporters, and educated people, Bin-Salman has a clear record of assassination in the Saudi Arabia embassy in Turkish.

Yes, his look is like a Puma that is looking at its prey from a cage! LOL

bin-salman_8b56.jpg

In that meeting an appropriate negotiator for Bin-Salman was this:

607144c04477f_8usm.jpg

HaHaHaha....

Excuse me, just a humor

Back
Top Bottom