What's new

Chinese Food vs. Japanese Food

Which do you perfer? Chinese Food or Japanese Food?

• Chinese!

Votes: 50 19.5%
  • Japanese!

Votes: 77 30.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 127 49.4%
  • I hate both... -.-

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
I think i like Chinese food more....cause some Jap stuff just doesn't suit my taste......plus i get hungry REALLY fast after i eat them.

well, if you're talking about different styles of Chinese food, generally there are four schools:
Northern
Western
Eastern
Southern

I've heard, according to a friend from Shanghai, that "Chinese food", what we get in the States as Chinese food, even say, in Chicago's China town, is americanized and Chinese food in China is quite different.

-One of my Japanese teachers from Nagasaki told us about "champon" a noodle dish that is famous there. But has variations from town to town.

My mother used to make a dish with bean thread noodles- saifun and tofu, veggies and chicken or beef and call it O-kazu... is anyone familiar with this dish?

Hmmm Chinese food is very popular in Japan ;)
I wonder if Chinese food is popular in China?
If you want to get hungry real fast go for Japanese food! Well, except for Tonkatsu :D
wow , i agree with you, you are so humor.:p

i'm not sure if it's been mentioned before but with chinese food there's a HUGE difference between actual chinese food and westernised chinese food...

i think westernised chinese food is the usual comfort food people in the west know best and probably like best compared to real chinese quisine..for example i don't think there's many western people who would go crazy about chinese cheese aka fermented soy

i'm not a huge fan of this westernised chinese food, it's too fatty and sweet and most dishes taste similar..also why i'm not that fond of (westernised) thai food...

but with the japanese restaurants over here they tend to be less westernised (if you go to the good ones, not he ones with all the acts and lots of show preparing the food..hate that).
what i like so much about japanese quisine is it always seems so sober and simple but to make it it takes great skill and turns out to be quite complex.. 'cept for easier dishes like kare or tamagoyaki, omurice etc. but it's great they can bring such diversity with so few ingredients.

I like Japanese food! I often go to the Japanese restaurant.
I feel Chinese food are full of salt and oil while Japanese food is light.

i also like both chinese,japanese, and thai foods. they are all different and have different variety. each has their own spice of life.:)

If I had to choose, say, if I could only eat one and nothing else for the rest of my life, I would have to go with Chinese.

I don't know... it seems like to me that there are more flavor varieties in Chinese.

Actually, I'd like to say that friends of mine from Hong Kong have told me that the Chinese food in America is similar to their Chinese food, or basically Cantonese dishes.

Actually, I'd like to say that friends of mine from Hong Kong have told me that the Chinese food in America is similar to their Chinese food, or basically Cantonese dishes.

Does that have anything to do with the fact they speak Cantonese in most Chinese restaurants in the US? I love American Chinese food!

I do enjoy both very much but from what I have eaten of both i tend to prefer Chinese food, because Japanese, if I am correct tends to be more fatty and oily. To me it kind of ruins the flavor, but i still kind of like it.

I like both and it's very hard to say which I like better as each has very wide range of dishes...

I do enjoy both very much but from what I have eaten of both i tend to prefer Chinese food, because Japanese, if I am correct tends to be more fatty and oily. To me it kind of ruins the flavor, but i still kind of like it.

I'm not sure what kind of Japanese food you've ever tried, but generally Japanese food is much lighter than Chinese food - there are many Japanese dishes that can be cooked without any oil/fat but for me it's very hard to imagine Chinese food w/o oil/fat (I assume there are some, but not majority of them.)

Of course there are some dishes among Japanese food that can be oily/greasy (something deep fried like tempura, tonkatsu, for example) but it is only a small part of Japanese food... :)

I enjoy "American Chinese" food at cheap buffets around here. It's typically usually the same stuff everywhere you go, too. General Tso's chicken, beef/chicken skewers, egg rolls, sweet and sour pork, Lo Mein, etc. They can be very filling cheap meals.

On the topic of greasy Chinese food, the floors around the buffet are almost always covered in a layer of grease making them a little slippery. I remember once my roommate and I ate at a Chinese place across our dorm. The food was really tasty, but I'm sure that was mostly due to the fact it was covered in grease and after eating 1/3 of it I had to stop or risk throwing up.

But, my vote has to go with Japanese, if only because I've had more experience with it.

i love both chinese and japanese food although miso soup is my favourite. I would love to go on a food exploration holiday when i have got the time and collect recipies from japan and china (and try some too ^_^).

My vote goes to both, but it really depends on the quality of the food.

Even though I try to avoid low quality food like the plague, sometimes there's no option. For lower quality food (e.g. fast food, bain-marie, etc...) I find I prefer Japanese cuisine as it usually doesn't suffer from the same issues as Chinese cuisine. (e.g. being too greasy and/or sweet.)

Super fussy eater here.

I darn near starved to death in Japan. I hate rice, fish ,vegtables, spices.

Uncle Frank

:bikkuri:

hello y'all!! my first post here!
for me, i love both, so to me, no competition lol. a lot of chinese people love japanese food, to the extent it's quite equivalent of going to movies every now and then.
and as for chinese food, while i've mentioned that i love it as equally, i will have to say that chinese food is actually very diverse, with easily over a thousand dishes of various types, from different region, with different ingredients, tastes, and types. if you go to an authentic chinese cruisine, the menu will easily have over 200 items. for that record, i'd really suggest people to really try authentic chinese cruisines, and different ones from different regions (sichuan, shanghai, beijing, all different). it's so diverse, it's an art

I like Japanese food basically because I eat Chinese food everywhere since I'm Chinese and I'm tired of the taste.
Anyways, USA Chinese food are really hilarious. I wonder where they had this idea of orange chicken when I haven't tastes true orange chicken in china before.

the problem with Chinese food is they use too much cook oil in their meal. I'm tired of it already.

Japanese food is really amazing but I wonder how could Japanese gather enough energy to work like crazy in their 'diet meal'?

the problem with Chinese food is they use too much cook oil in their meal. I'm tired of it already.

Japanese food is really amazing but I wonder how could Japanese gather enough energy to work like crazy in their 'diet meal'?

megashaki ???

[video=youtube;Pm87Vws0Dqg]
[video=youtube;1oAcbi9mCRI]

Back
Top Bottom