What's new

China makes most 'juku' (after-school cram schools) illegal. Or at least makes things very difficult.

That would be ironic considering that TikTok came from China. I suspect the TikTok they see there is already heavily monitor and censored.
Yes, Douyin (dont know how its spelled), same app but different name, almost sure its censored

I thought China government actually liked the entertainment they had, since it helps with better image for other countries, also attract more interest from outsiders (and motivate Chinese people that could work on these fields, etc), but after all these restrictions I see its not the case, and they might really freak out and restrict Tiktok and any other related things

I think these are dumb moves in many ways, but if they think its better......

they might really freak out and restrict Tiktok

TikTok is already heavily restricted. You will never see one of the Three T's (Tibet, Taiwan, or Tianaman) on TikTok. TikTok only exists because of heavy Communist approval.

Last edited:
But China restricts the app from these countries, or these countries ban the app for them (like India)?

Apps like TikTok are from China. India does not have any super-popular apps like TikTok. I do not know of any 'major' apps from India. I do not think China blocks any apps from India. I seriously doubt India blocks TikTok.

By the way, China blocks a huge number of websites from the west. Take a look. Most importantly, China blocks sites such as YouTube, Wikipedia, Twitter, Skype, and the New York Times because such websites allow for the free access to information, which China does not allow

Last edited:
Apps like TikTok are from China. India does not have any super-popular apps like TikTok. I do not know of any 'major' apps from India. I do not think China blocks any apps from India. I seriously doubt India blocks TikTok.

By the way, China blocks a huge number of websites from the west. Take a look. Most importantly, China blocks sites such as YouTube, Wikipedia, Twitter, Skype, and the New York Times because such websites allow for the free access to information, which China does not allow

Yes India blocks several Chinese apps, because of privacy issues (and maybe also because of their borders tension), Tiktok is one of them, since last year

What I initially said is that now i wouldnt be surprised if in the future China restricts Tiktok/Douyin even more, just like it did to games, and Music reality show recently (though I hope they wont)

Back
Top Bottom