What's new

Can you translate this for me

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
A church member yesterday gave me this with a written piece if paper. I havent open it yet.
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0055.JPG

thanks

Bottom part is the store label for some treat from Nagasaki. It doesn't say what it is. Expires on April 16 so don't wait too long.
Top part implies that these treats were given out in commemoration of the Ito twins birthday who are 100 years old.
One of them is the mother of the Fujisaki sisters.

I'm guessing you might know Mrs. Fujisaki from church.

Bottom part is the store label for some treat from Nagasaki. It doesn't say what it is. Expires on April 16 so don't wait too long.
Top part implies that these treats were given out in commemoration of the Ito twins birthday who are 100 years old.
One of them is the mother of the Fujisaki sisters.

I'm guessing you might know Mrs. Fujisaki from church.
That's possible since I only know people by their first names and they know me by my first name. I haven't opened the package yet but I think it is some kind of cake. I'll post it tomorrow a picture of it.

That's possible since I only know people by their first names and they know me by my first name. I haven't opened the package yet but I think it is some kind of cake. I'll post it tomorrow a picture of it.
Her first name is 敏子 which is probably Toshiko. But it could also be read as Satoko, Hayako or Haruko.

Here's the store. It's famous for it's castella (sponge cake).

Her first name is 敏子 which is probably Toshiko. But it could also be read as Satoko, Hayako or Haruko.

Here's the store. It's famous for it's castella (sponge cake).
Thank you for doing the research. I like sponge cake with ice cream.

Kind of hard for me to understand because of the "brothers" and "sisters" inserted in there.
Maybe this is how these people address each other in church? (Brother Ito, and Sister Ito?).
And the brother, Itō Toshio has already passed away. So I guess its just his sister, who they are calling "Sister Itō Tsuyako" who is still alive.

The note was written by the mom of "Sister Toshiko Fujisaki" (if I have that right).

I, too, thought the same thing about "brothers" and "sisters".
My interpretation is Itō Tsuyako, who is the wife of the late Itō Toshio, is the mother of Fujisaki Toshiko.

I, too, thought the same thing about "brothers" and "sisters".
My interpretation is Itō Tsuyako, who is the wife of the late Itō Toshio, is the mother of Fujisaki Toshiko.
That makes a lot more sense. So that means this is probably for Toshio Ito's funeral and that he died at 100 years of age?

I think the castella cake is for 香典返し (a gift in return for a funeral offering) or something. (Well, this is originally a Buddhist custom, but it's also done for Shintoists or Christians nowadays in Japan.)

Back
Top Bottom