What's new

Can you check this. #1

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
This is just a heading on a document, so its not a sentence, but check and see if my vocabulary is accurate.

現時点での病状
げんじてんでのびょうじょ
current medical position

運転能力及び改善の見込み
うんてんのうりょくおよびかいぜんみこめ
driving ability and prospect of improvement

につて意見
についていけん
opinion about

thanks

If you were to translate this into a statement that made sense, how would it be said.

Thanks

I've made some corrections to typos/errors.

現時点での病状
げんじてんでのびょうじょ
current medical position

Current Medical Condition (or "State of Illness")

"Position" makes it sound like you're talking about a job.
病状 is referring to the medical condition of someone with a known illness.

運転能力及び改善の見込み
うんてんのうりょくおよびかいぜんみこ
driving ability and prospect of improvement

Yes, that's basically what it means.
Current capability/ability to drive and the prospect/chances that said ability may improve.

につて意見
についていけん
opinion about

Yes, this is just a fragment of a phrase meaning "opinion about [something]". It has to be connected to something else to make sense.

If you were to translate this into a statement that made sense, how would it be said.

I don't know what you mean by this. It's not a "statement".
It's three independent fragments, the first two of which sound like category headers on a form about someone's medical condition and how it affects (or doesn't affect) their driving ability, and the third which just means "Opinion regarding..." (perhaps opinion regarding the status categories above?)

I've made some corrections to typos/errors.

Current Medical Condition (or "State of Illness")

"Position" makes it sound like you're talking about a job.
病状 is referring to the medical condition of someone with a known illness.

Yes, that's basically what it means.
Current capability/ability to drive and the prospect/chances that said ability may improve.

Yes, this is just a fragment of a phrase meaning "opinion about [something]". It has to be connected to something else to make sense.

I don't know what you mean by this. It's not a "statement".
It's three independent fragments, the first two of which sound like category headers on a form about someone's medical condition and how it affects (or doesn't affect) their driving ability, and the third which just means "Opinion regarding..." (perhaps opinion regarding the status categories above?)

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain in simple English. It more on topic of medical situation that this form is all about.
I'll have other statements that need to be checked but I'll try my best first to understand what is being wrote first.
Again, thank you.

現時点での病状運転能力及び改善の見込みについて意見

The omission of parentheses and a particle makes the phrase ungrammatical/ununderstandable.

Oh, I see. You meant "statement" as in, like, a document (like a "bank statement"), not statement as in a sentence or complete thought.
(I notice now that you said it was just a heading...sorry, I missed that somehow.)

But yes, we're happy to help if you need things broken down into simple language.

(edited to add: And yes, like Toritoribe-san says, it could be grammatical and understandable as a single phrase if it had the parentheses and the added の.)

現時点での病状運転能力及び改善の見込みについて意見

The omission of parentheses and a particle makes the phrase ungrammatical/ununderstandable.

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom