What's new

Can someone translate this?

You're definitely not a "bother". Take The advices you've received in this thread as honest responses to your problems regarding japanese, comprehending its grammar is so fundamental to the understanding of the language that sometimes if you cant get a grasp on it, no ammount of translations will help enlight your mind. Also when we ask for your input on the question, we dont want to judge how much you know(sometimes though, a judgement is needed like when Mike realized you did rush the content ) but, we wish to make sure that you are making your efforts too, so that teaching you is something worth doing because you have at least made an attempt.

It's peculiar, but I've gone through my books pages leading up to the sentence and couldn't find any explanation on the からまで usage... I think it may be explained later on :/ which wouldn't be a first with genki...

It's peculiar, but I've gone through my books pages leading up to the sentence and couldn't find any explanation on the からまで usage... I think it may be explained later on :/ which wouldn't be a first with genki...

Nor would it be a bad thing.

Once a person has been taught something like 3時から5時まで it would help build useful skills to then give them the same items in a different context and let them use their heads and a little intuition to get 日本からアメリカまで. It isn't an unreasonable stretch.

I don't own a copy of Genki, but I doubt it is haphazardly slapped together. Is it really impossible to figure out that から and まで are "from" and "to" from the textbook? Does it say anything that gives the impression that in Japanese the concepts of "from" and "to" are only used with time expressions?

Since there were NO time expressions n the sentence in question and had two PLACES and a verb of motion, it really shouldn't be that hard to then intuit that から and まで aren't exclusively time-related.

Back
Top Bottom