What's new

Could someone translate these?

I knew Keibetsu could be used as "Look down upon." Thanks for your help. Now this may be sudden and little insane but I have a really big request that I can't figure out how to translate at all. BUT this one isn't a high priority to me at all and it's entirely up to you guys whether or not to help translate it. I(And a few other people who I'm working together with to translate this) would appreciate it a lot if its not too much trouble if I got help with this one but if its waaay too much trouble its cool. Ok it's from this game called Namco X Capcom....The intro here goes:

10年前。東京・渋谷。
ある『組織』同士の戦いがあった。

一方の組織は"ゆらぎ"と呼ばれる空間の歪み…異世界とこの世界を
繋ぐ門を開こうとした。もう一方の組織は、
世界を混沌に導くその『計画』を阻止しようとした。

…完全封鎖された渋谷での戦いは熾烈を極め…やがて、終結した。
片方の組織…
政府直属の特務機関『森羅』側が"ゆらぎ"の出現を防いだ事によって。

特務機関『森羅』。

悪霊、鬼、天狗…
古来より、人の世に害をなす異界の存在と戦い続けてきた組織。
その組織を知る者は少なく、その戦いもまた、人知れぬ闇の中で
連綿と続けられてきた。

10年前の『事件』から、世界中で確認され始めた、異界との接点…
"ゆらぎ"と呼ばれたそれは、ゆっくりと世界を蝕みつつあった。

戦いは…
終わってはいなかったのである。

そして西暦20XX年。
東京・渋谷。
"ゆらぎ"の発生により完全封鎖され、『閉鎖都市指定』を受けた街。
10年前の"あの日"と同じく。

物語は再び…
この街から始まろうとしていた。

Ten years before. Shibuya, Tokyo. There was that some "organizations" fight. One organization is distortion of the space called "fluctuation". -- It is the different world. It was going to open the gate which connects this world. another organization tried to prevent the "plan" to confused-boil the world and draw it. Fighting [ Shibuya / by which -- full blockade was carried out ] reaches to an extreme of 熾烈. -- It ended soon. Organization of one of the two -- A secret military agency "森羅" side government under the direct control is 防 about the appearance of "fluctuation". いだ事. Secret military agency "森羅." An evil spirit, a demon, tengu -- It continues fighting with existence of the different community which makes damage to this world more from ancient times. た組織. those who get to know the organization -- few -- the also fighting -- again -- being unknown -- It has been continuously continued in darkness. 異 which began to be checked all over the world from the "incident" of ten years ago Point of contact with a boundary -- It which was called "fluctuation" spoils the world slowly and is つ. つあった. Fight. -- It had not finished. And an A.D. 20XX year. Shibuya, Tokyo. The town as for which the full blockade was carried out by generating of "fluctuation" and which received "closing city specification ." "that day" ten years ago -- the same . a tale -- again -- it was going to begin from this town.

I was a bit surprised that it was not that bad.
Still remains some Japanese characters, but it was not garbled.

Okay I have a simple request: Can anyone tell me what これにて、一件落着!means? I hear this so many times in some of my games yet I've never heard it before anywhere else.

@Glenn is right.
これにて、一件落着!is a bit old expression you can find in TV samurai drama or movie. sometimes old expressions are assumed to be rather new ones, so you saw them in tv games, I suppose.

Case closed!

hie everyone
i need to translate the following sentence
can anyone please help me to translate this sentence into romanji?
thanks in advance

'what we will be performing next is Chinese fan dance. It is a traditional chinese dance in where dancers are usually females'

tsuzuiteno performance ha chugoku buyo desu.
tuujo chugoku koten buyo deha, josei ga odoru koto ni natte imasu.

Doumo ohisashiburi desune.Okay I'm back and I got a few translation/Attempts requests. Nothing big:

もうひとつは……歌や舞で、都市にひそむ、魔をしずめるため。そのために、劇場があるんです。
{Attempt:}"The other is...To lay hidden in the city by singing and dancing,魔をしずめるため。 " For that reason we have the Theatre.

星組でも即戦力になるだろうと思い、こちらから推薦させてもらった。星組は、まだ若い組織だ。君が中心となって、隊をまとめていってほしい。
{Attempt}:"I believe that you will be of great help to the Star Division, therefore I've recommended you. The Star Division is still a young organization.君が中心となって、隊をまとめていってほしい。"

君は、海軍章としてここに来たのだ。観光気分でいられては困る。海軍の名に恥じぬよう、常に粉骨砕身の覚悟をもって任務にあたるように! いいな!!
{Attempt}:"You've come here as a Solider of the Navy. It would be a problem if you act like you're here to sight see. I want you to always do your utmost very best for your duties so you won't put the Navy name into shame! Is that clear!?"

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
もうひとつは……歌や舞で、都市にひそむ、魔をしずめるため。そのために、劇場があるんです。
{Attempt:}"The other is...To lay hidden in the city by singing and dancing,魔をしずめるため。 " For that reason we have the Theatre.

"As for the other one, [it] hides in the city by use of song and dance, in order to quell evil. For that reason, theaters exist."

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
星組でも即戦力になるだろうと思い、こちらから推薦させてもらった。星組は、まだ若い組織だ。君が中心となって、隊をまとめていってほしい。
{Attempt}:"I believe that you will be of great help to the Star Division, therefore I've recommended you. The Star Division is still a young organization.君が中心となって、隊をまとめていってほしい。"

Looks like you have it all except that last part, which I translate as "I want this unit to be put together with you as the center."

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
君は、海軍章としてここに来たのだ。観光気分でいられては困る。海軍の名に恥じぬよう、常に粉骨砕身の覚悟をもって任務にあたるように! いいな!!
{Attempt}:"You've come here as a Solider of the Navy. It would be a problem if you act like you're here to sight see. I want you to always do your utmost very best for your duties so you won't put the Navy name into shame! Is that clear!?"

Looks good to me.

Thanks alot for your help last time Glen. Now I got some more requests with my attempts of course here they are:

【警部】クソッ、カヤマ! またお前か!! 外交官特権張りかざしやがって!! いつか思い知らせてやるからな。
"{Inspector}:Crap, Kayama! It's you again!! 外交官特権張りかざしやがって!! I'll get even for this one day."

【新次郎】ラチェット隊長、よろしくお願いします!!
【ラチェット】ふふふ……頼もしいわね。それじゃ、今日から厳しくやらせてもらうわよ。
"{Shinjiro}:Captain Ratchet よろしくお願いします!!,
-{What else would Yoroshikuonegaishimasu translate into besides "Nice to meet you"?}-
{Ratchet}::Giggles:......頼もしいわね Now then, 今日から厳しくやらせてもらうわよ。

【サニーサイド】ハッハッハッ、声が大きくて威勢がいいね。……なぁ、ラチェット。
【ラチェット】ええ。身を粉にして任務に励むとは、武士道の国の人間らしいですね。
"{Sunnyside}:Ha ha ha, Your voice was loud and full of power. ....Don't you think Ratchet?
{Ratchet}:Yes. 身を粉にして任務に励むとは, It suits someone who's from the country of the Bushido(Samurai)."

【新次郎】あ……ありがとう! ビレッジまで行けなくなるところだったよ。
"{Shinjiro}:Ah....Thanks! ビレッジまで行けなくなるところだったよ。"

And that's all for now.

【ジェミニ】ややっ……現れたな、悪党ども。この紋所が目に入らぬかーっ! とりゃーっ!!
"{Gemini}:Ya ya....So you've appeared,villain. この紋所が目に入らぬかーっ! Toryaa!!"

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
Bumping this up to make sure this is seen.

Hi Dingo,

Don't have much time to post these days! 😌

Your translation is generally good. For the parts you can't translate, 英辞郎 on the Web should help you:
http://www.alc.co.jp/index.html

You'll be able to find definitions/translations even with partial entries.

As for "yoroshiku onegai shimasu," it's a very versatile phrase with many meanings in Japanese. You say it to a person from whom you expect to receive training or knowledge as tutor/master/leader or to be given other benefits or advantages in self-improvement, advance in society or organization, etc. I think you have to translate it to fit the situation based on this very general concept.

HTH!! :)

That's a very useful site. It made me come up with some decent translation with past phrases I wasn't sure of. It's already saved as my favorite places and I'll be sure to put it too good use. But I still kind of need a translation for 外交官特 権張りかざしやがって!! Can anyone here lend a hand?

DingoEnderZOE2 said:
外交官特 権張りかざしやがって!!
Are the sentences correct?
その文章は正しいでしょうか?

I have never seen the expression of "りかざす".
りかざす」という表現を私は見たことがありません。

Will it be considerably unique Japanese?
それはかなり特殊な日本語でしょうか?

If it is an expression "外交官特権りかざしやがって", it is generally used.
もし「外交官特権りかざしやがって」という表現ならば、一般に使用されています。

As sasame-san says, I think it's a typo for "振りかざす(ふりかざす)."

Pippokun's translation is good, but if you want the literal meaning of it, you can find it on the 英辞郎 by entering the Japanese that sasame-san posted as 外交官特権(を)振りかざしやがって.

:)

epigene said:
As sasame-san says, I think it's a typo for "振りかざす(ふりかざす)."

Pippokun's translation is good, but if you want the literal meaning of it, you can find it on the 英辞郎 by entering the Japanese that sasame-san posted as 外交官特権(を)振りかざしやがって.

I think I'd rather put a verb in the translation, like "throwing his damned diplomatic immunity around!" to make it a bit closer to the original, although it doesn't make too much difference. Of course, depending on the context it might need a subject, so maybe "That bastard, throwing his damn diplomatic immunity around!"

Thanks so much for all who helped me with the diplomatic immunity translation. In the dictionary I was using I just got "diplomat" and "privilege, special right" and I had NO clue how to handle that one.

Now this time I have a few short phases(with the exception of one) I need help with. here goes:

ジェミニ】ここはね、セントラルパーク!すっごく広い公園なんだよ。この広場のほかにも、林とか、池とか……動物園まであるんだからっ!!
{Gemini}:This is Central Park! A very wide park. この広場のほかにも、林とか、池とか.....There's even a zoo around here!!
{Don't know how to translate that one part into something suitable.}

【ジェミニ】こ……この服、気になる? やっぱり派手かな? 実は、この服、ボクの服ってわけじゃなくて、シアターの制服なんだよ……。プラムさんがセクシーなくらいがちょうどいいのよって言って……。
{Gemini}:Ar-....Are you curious about these clothes? Are they too flashy after all? To tell you the truth, these clothes aren't mine, they're the Theather uniform....Plum said it's sexiness was perfect for me....
{I just need to know if my translation for プラムさんがセクシーなくらいがちょうどいいのよって言って……。 was right.}

【新次郎】(うーん……ジェミニは、控えめな感じかな。)
{Shinjiro}:(Hmmmm....ジェミニは、控えめな感じかな。)
{Just need help translating that last part.}

【新次郎】なるほど……勉強させていただきます。
{Shinjiro}:I see....勉強させていただきます。
{Need help figuring out a translation for the last part)
(Context:【ラチェット】それでは、大河くん。はい、これ……公演のチケット。オーナーからの着任祝いよ。うちのミュージカルを見て、エンターテイメントについて学んで欲しい、と。
【新次郎】なるほど……勉強させていただきます。)

【昴】昴は言った……男か女かということは、器の問題に過ぎない……と。
{Subaru}:Subaru says......Whether I'm a man or woman does not go pass the person in question......
-{Need help confirming the translation for:男か女かということは、器の問題に過ぎない}

【昴】……僕を理解するのは無駄だ。ただ、そこにあるものと思えばいい。
{Subaru}:.....It's futile to understand me. You should just think of it that way.
-{Need to know if I got:ただ、そこにあるものと思えばいい。 right}

I think essential main point "やがって" when "外交特権振りかざしやがって" is translated.
この「外交特権振りかざしやがって」の翻訳では、「やがって」が肝心要かも知れないですね。

Therefore, I thought that "bastard" of CorDarei-san expressed the part of "やがって" well.
ですからCorDareiさんの「bastard 」は、「やがって」の部分をうまく表現していると思いました。

>この広場のほかにも、 林とか、池とか……動物園まであるんだからっ!!
Here is a plaza and the woods and the pond are here, too. And...There's even a zoo around here!!
直訳)ここに広場があって、林と池もある。あと……この周辺には動物園だってある!

I'm reading this and thinking: My god, its like dingo has his own personal team of assistants, and he can just keep on getting more and more translations from you guys!

You guys are amazing, being so patient and polite 0_0

Back
Top Bottom