What's new

can anyone translate what is written on my 2016 suda akari ''ema''?

8 Jun 2016
DSC00496.1.jpg (it's the one with the monkey on it :))

(sorry that the pic is a little dark. i don't think i can change that)

thanks

The kanji all but turned into blobs with the thick marker this was written in... Here's what I can make out:
2016年になりました。
あけましておめでとうございます!!
今年一?にス?ートを切れるだなんて!!
今年はね…叶えたいことがたくさん。
最近自分に素直になったら増えちゃったの♫
お芝居したい。歌うまくなりたい。作詞 作曲したい。方?したい。
温泉入りたい。美味しいもの食べたい。たくさん笑いたい。
写真?出したい。テレビに出たい。ラジオに出たい。雑誌に?りたい。
勉強したい。「好き」を増やしたい。あなたを幸せにしたい!!!
この全てがアイドルを全力でやることで叶えられる年にするんだ♡
でも健康、これが一番大切。あなたの健康と私の健康。
SKEを知ってくれた人、その人の友人や友?…みーんなが
幸せをかみしめられますように。今年もよろしくね
I'll leave the translation to you, should be really simple.

Last edited:
今年一緒にスタートを切れるだなんて!!
旅したい。
写真集出したい。
雑誌に載りたい。
その人の友人や族…

The kanji all but turned into blobs with the thick marker this was written in... Here's what I can make out:

I'll leave the translation to you, should be really simple.

i'm not really much good at reading japanese writing, that's why i asked :shy:

but i somehow made out a few of the lines (although i think a few of them a bit wrong):

2016年になりました。 - 2016-Nen ni narimashita. - Now in 2016.
あけましておめでとうございます!! - Akemashite omedetōgozaimasu! ! - happy New Year! !

温泉入りたい。美味しいもの食べたい。たくさん笑いたい。 - Onsen-iri tai. Oishī mono tabetai. Takusan waraitai. - I want to enter hot spring. I want to eat delicious things. I want to laugh a lot.

勉強したい。「好き」を増やしたい。あなたを幸せにしたい!!! - Benkyō shitai. `Suki' o fuyashitai. Anata o shiawaseni shitai! ! ! - I want to study. I want to increase the "like". I want to make you happy! ! !

幸せをかみしめられますように。今年もよろしくね - Shiawase o kamishime raremasu yō ni. Kotoshimoyoroshiku ne - So you are clenching happiness. Please treat me well this year too

Sorry, I've just realized that my interpretation was wrong. The subject is "I" if the sentence is just 幸せをかみしめられますように。 as you quoted, but it's actually SKEを知ってくれた人、その人の友人や家族…みーんなが幸せをかみしめられますように。, thus, the subject is SKEを知ってくれた人、その人の友人や家族…みーんな, not "I".

Sorry, I've just realized that my interpretation was wrong. The subject is "I" if the sentence is just 幸せをかみしめられますように。 as you quoted, but it's actually SKEを知ってくれた人、その人の友人や家族…みーんなが幸せをかみしめられますように。, thus, the subject is SKEを知ってくれた人、その人の友人や家族…みーんな, not "I".

ah, i see

That doesn't mean you can't get better at it :). If you don't know yet what the potential form means or how it can be constructed/recognised, this can be easily looked up.

SKEを知ってくれた人、その人の友人や家族…みーんな is not just "you", isn't it? Furthermore, I also pointed out that ~ますように expresses the speaker's wish.
Please tell us your translation after you got it.

SKEを知ってくれた人、その人の友人や家族…みーんな is not just "you", isn't it? Furthermore, I also pointed out that ~ますように expresses the speaker's wish.
Please tell us your translation after you got it.

ok, i'll try, but i'm not really very good at translating japanese writing (or reading it for that matter)

it's not really that important right now, but i'll try :)

ok, i'll try, but i'm not really very good at translating japanese writing (or reading it for that matter)

it's not really that important right now, but i'll try

Perhaps its just me, but this seems to be an incredibly rude thing to say to the kind people who have indulged your every query concerning your obsession with SKE, etc. This is, after all, a site that likes to think of itself as a learning resource, and when you ask a gazillion questions about fairly frivolous things, and then basically say "it's not important" or dismiss putting in any effort by saying "I'm not good at translating Japanese", it is astonishing that the people helping you continue to respond at all. A friendly suggestion; please start putting some effort into making your own translations so the people here can help you become better at reading and writing.

I totally agree with Majestic-san.
@ the OP, don't you remember I said that I don't want to be treated like a machine translator or on-line dictionary? I don't want to spend my time for your not really important things, either. Period.

It is highly annoying when someone expects others to care more about their problems than they do themselves, or to put more effort into solving them than they do.

It is highly annoying when someone expects others to care more about their problems than they do themselves, or to put more effort into solving them than they do.

i'm sorry :sorry:

@ the OP, don't you remember I said that I don't want to be treated like a machine translator or on-line dictionary? I don't want to spend my time for your not really important things, either. Period.

i'm sorry about that :sorry:

i didn't really mean it like that

anyway, i apoligize :sorry:

i do want to know what she wrote on there, so it is important. i was just thinking about something else, that's all

anyway, i'm sorry :sorry:

Perhaps its just me, but this seems to be an incredibly rude thing to say to the kind people who have indulged your every query concerning your obsession with SKE, etc. This is, after all, a site that likes to think of itself as a learning resource, and when you ask a gazillion questions about fairly frivolous things, and then basically say "it's not important" or dismiss putting in any effort by saying "I'm not good at translating Japanese", it is astonishing that the people helping you continue to respond at all. A friendly suggestion; please start putting some effort into making your own translations so the people here can help you become better at reading and writing.

sorry :sorry:

i'm sorry about that :sorry:

i do try sometimes to do my own translations, though

Last edited by a moderator:
i do want to know what she wrote on there, so it is important.
Then fix your previous translation attempt based on the comments you got and have a go at the rest of the text as well. After all, considering your nickname, you want to learn to read Japanese yourself; and what better way of learning is there than doing?

As said, the text is really simple, so even a beginner with a dictionary shouldn't have much trouble with it.

Last edited:
Then fix your previous translation attempt based on the comments you got, and have a go at the rest of the text as well. After all, considering your nickname, you want to learn to read Japanese yourself; and what better way of learning is there than doing?

As said, the text is really simple, so even a beginner with a dictionary shouldn't have much trouble with it.

i know, :shy:

all i meant was that i'm not in a rush to get it translated, that's all

anyway, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom