What's new

Bhuddha Statue

meiko

後輩
8 Jan 2008
I have a question regarding a Buddha statue that was given to us from a distant relative. It is an antique statue (she said it's about a centry old)made from metal, (I think it's brass) it's rusted in a greenish color. Well, ever since this person came into our home and left this statue, things has been bad in many aspects. I do not believe that a Buddha statue can bring any badness, only goodness, but just in case, I have wrapped it in a blanket and put away in the closet. I still think this statue is beautiful and want to display it in my home, but I was thinking maybe clensing it before won't do any harm. Does anyone know an effective, correct way to have this statue clensed?

I don't believe in such cleansings, it definitely has nothing to do with your statue, only with the circumstances and your mind.
If you like the statue, keep it the way it is, if not, put it out of sight. Its your life in the end.
You may nevertheless have a problem with the giver or a general religion based problem, in which case also cleansing does not help.
Its only in your mind or you might have to learn something, thats why some "bad" luck, not because of the statue.

I statue can't be a bad thing , I guess you correlate this event with some misfortune in your life. In life you have bad moments and good moments so wait a little and I'm sure you luck will change again. I don't know what religion you are or if you are a religions person but you could talk to a priest or leader of your church it might help. If you are a catholic i know that you may ask a priest to come in your house and say a prayer or something. That my ease your mind a little. It the only way I know of what you call cleansing.

All the best to you, I hope your luck will change for the better in the future.

Meiko,

Another Buddhist Forum member I would like to mention is Dodatsu, who is a Honganji Minister, and most likely would have the information you are looking for.

Buddha statues like the one you have need to be exhibited in a shrine like environment or so I have heard - that way the person in the home gets the full benefit of the good luck.

the Buddha does exist outside ourselves. It is within our own minds. The Lotus sutra teaches that our bodies, minds and actions are the properties of the Buddha. When u look into the mirror you will only find your true self. It is the same with Buddha who have seen his mirror and deluded beings who are not.

Back
Top Bottom