What's new

Question about Tanuki statue!

Utsuki

先輩
19 Jul 2004
Hi! I have questions on this Tanuki statue! I attached one pic for your reference. 👍

I found a Tanuki is abandoned beside the road of a residential area. I knew it is a Japanese stuff but I don't know much about it. I remember I saw it in a house before and I think they abandoned it because they have moved away. I think of carrying it back home since I like it and I think it's quite cute. But my friend told me it's for luck of restauranteers and I'm not a shop owner. hahahah! However I think it'll look good placing in the garden!

What do you think??? Should I take it back?? Will it have any good or bad effect after if I take it back home??? I'm quite confused! Can any of you giving me some advice and lend me your knowledge on it? Thanks! :)

Attachments

• tanuki-suzuki.jpg
    tanuki-suzuki.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 140
It is "raccoon dog" of "Sigaraki yaki". :)
In Japan, it is an ornament of business prosperity. 👍
There are very many shops putting this raccoon dog in Kansai.
窶敖ェ窶佛?窶ーツ鞘?ケN窶堙?陳セ窶堙≫?堙?窶僵"窶堋ェ窶敕ュ窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙ゥ"ナ?}"窶堙債「窶禿ッツ焦凪?堋ッツ」窶堙ー窶「\窶堋オツ、窶佚・窶堋ォ窶堙遺?禿壺?堙債「窶敖サ窶冉窶氾債」ツ、ナ?テ帚?堋「ナ?テァ窶堙債「ヒ?、窶?ツ」ツ、窶慊ソ窶藩懌?堙債「ツ食窶板ソヒ?ケ窶板ソツ」ツ、窶凖岩?卍?窶堙債「ツ信窶廃窶氾債」ツ、窶佚・窶堋ォ窶堙遺?「ツ?窶堙債「ナ塚??冉窶氾債」ツ、窶ケテ?窶佚懌?堙債「窶ケテ?窶ー^ツ」ツ、ツ尻窶敕カ窶堙債「窶猫ツ終窶堙娯?敕シツ」窶堋ェツ湘シ窶堙ェ窶堙懌?堋キ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙俄?堙??堋「窶堙≫?堋スツ渉、窶昶?樞?敕可青キ窶堙ー窶ケF窶抂窶堋キ窶堙ゥ窶ーツ鞘?ケN窶「ツィ窶堙??堋キツ。
An umbrella expresses "a good luck charm".
Big eyes || "judgment"
A round face || "amiability"
A sake bottle || "food drink"
A bankbook || "creditworthiness"
A big stomach || "decision"
A money bag || "luck with money"
A tail || "crowning beauty"
It is a mascot praying for business prosperity. 🙂

You found good luck.

If you like it, take it home with you. Regular people in Japan, not just shop owners, also put these in their gardens.

that's the thing Super Mario can get a suit that makes him into rock when you press some button combo or other, is it not?

You know, now I'm thinking of giving it a new paint. 'Cause its paint has fallen off, so I wonder how I can get it a good look without ruin it! hahahha! And it's hard to find the colour paints for it!

Back
Top Bottom