What's new

Becoming a Foreign Exchange Student In Japan

StandAlone2323

~tanoshii
7 Jun 2007
umm... yeah. i want to be a foreign exchange student in japan for a whole or half year. does anyone know i go about doing this? i have no formal education in japanese but i know a few hundred kanji and quite a few words and i understand the basic structure of the language. i really think it would help me improve my japanese. i really want to learn how and when to use different word forms (ex. ツ出窶ーテッ窶堋「ツ vs.ツ ツ出窶ーテッ窶堋ヲツ) and things like that.

so does anyone know of any agencies that i could get in touch with. or does my lack of formal education keeping me from this all together?

nope, im sorry i can't help you i wish i could, the only thing i can advise you is to wait until someone of the forum responds on your question, i'm so sorry i can't help you !

ユルシテクダサイ!

umm... yeah. i want to be a foreign exchange student in japan for a whole or half year. does anyone know i go about doing this? i have no formal education in japanese but i know a few hundred kanji and quite a few words and i understand the basic structure of the language. i really think it would help me improve my japanese. i really want to learn how and when to use different word forms (ex. 出会い vs. 出会え) and things like that.
so does anyone know of any agencies that i could get in touch with. or does my lack of formal education keeping me from this all together?
Are you a student ? Have you spoken to anyone at your institution about agencies they use ? If I'm not mistaken, I believe actually being ft in a degree program is the fundamental criteria for going through a student exchange program.

Unless this is about Japanese language schools in which case it'll cost between $ 5,000-10,000 minimum depending on length of stay but placement is guaranteed. As long as you have a BA and the cash, formal education in Japanese is utterly irrelevant.

nope, im sorry i can't help you i wish i could, the only thing i can advise you is to wait until someone of the forum responds on your question, i'm so sorry i can't help you !
ニ停??ニ停?ケニ歎ニ弾ニ誰ニ胆ニ探ニ辰!

Then what on God's green earth was the point of saying anything?

He wants to be a foreign exchange student, I would assume as in high school. Please use Google. I heard it can be quite helpful. I am a foreign exchange student in high school as I am writing right now, and could give you the answer but I think you could do better and get the answer real easily if you could just try. Do a search on this Studying in Japan section. I among others have given the same answer over and over and ov... again

Mauricio

Go with Elizabeth's advice: talk to counselors at your school. They will do the leg work.

Rotary Club and (I think) Lions Club help people to do foreign exchange. There are many others. Google for them (or let the counselor).

At the private HS where I used to work, there was no requirement for any Japanese language to be accepted as a foreign exchange student. Sad, but true. You will get lessons at the school, however, but I wouldn't let that stop me from studying now.

all right, thanks a lot you guys. i dont really have the patience or the time to scroll through topic after topic searching for the answer to my question like maushan3 wanted me to do, so i guess ill set up an appointment with my counselor while i ask the woman at the desk why the employment opportunity for the place i work at wasn't put on the morning announcements like she said it'd be.

One tip if you are considering living in Japan for any length of time -- learn patience.

To be quick and blunt:

- counsellor
- contact the Japan Foundation
- contact the CEEF
- take into consideration the costs and your global position

(I realize that one or all of them were stated previously)

I bid you a good day.

Back
Top Bottom