What's new

Beat Takeshi Kitano: actually MXC!!!???

Lopan999

Junior Master
15 Aug 2004
Everyone in USA has probably seen MXC. But has anyone seen Takeshi's Castle (the show it's based off of)?
My first (actually second) question is:
Is it a funny show (Takeshi's Castle, that is)?
Third question:
Does anyone know where I can find it?

I really want to see the show that the show is based from. And show it to some one. SHOW! SHOW! SHOW!

I am not well... am I?

we get that show on 'sky tv' everyday in the UK. it is funny, but every episode is pretty much the same, with variations of failure level

I haven't seen either, and my boys watch a lot of anime.

But I have seen his remake of Zatoichi- Great movie- people become beautiful spinning blood fountains while the villagers perform rythmic farming/carpentery/festival dances.

Very interesting

I've seen Takeshi's Castle, but not MXC...
However, not being able to understand Japanese all that well, and with the commentators only babbling incoherent nonsense, I couldn't enjoy it to the fullest 😌

I wish they would just show Takeshi's Castle subtitled... those MXC voiceovers are SO f-ing annoying! :auch:

what's MXC??? I knew about takeshi's castle, but...MXC??? what is that?? another TV show that looks like takeshi's ??? :?

MXC, or Most Extreme Elimination Challenge as it was originally called in the US, is Takeshi's Castle dubbed over into English and shown on American television. I'm assuming that the voice-overs are not even trying to be accurate to original commentary on Takeshi's Castle and instead is a bunch of Americanized cultural jokes. It has its moments.

I watch MXC as often as I can. The show's a hoot and a half, especially the voiceovers which I like most and always make me laugh!
👍

Yeah we get Takeshi's Castle on all the time in the UK. The funniest thing about it is having Craig Charles 'commentating' over it. The guy's a legend but man he must be strapped for cash.

Ya, I watch MXC, I too wanna see some original Takeshi's Castle footage! While some of the MXc dubbing is funny, I'd rather watch it dubbed or subbed from what they are actually saying in the real program.

Before Suprnova was killed, they had some eps of Takeshi's Castle up for grabbing, but my bf was always getting other stuff so it was on the "later" list... By the time his stuff was done, the Takeshi Castle links just gave you MXC eps, and then Suprnova when down completely.

Craig Charles is cool. Half the time he's just laughing and not really commentating.

Has anyone ever seen anyone win? Love the episodes when the emerald guard do the various challenges. Animal rules, mash the potato.

i know this thread is older but i have to know:
of those who watched the show: did they ever beat him?

Does anybody have any Japanese episodes of Takeshi's Castle? I've only seen MXC, and am curious to know what the Japanese version of the show is like.

JustJosh said:
I take it the name Craig Charles means nothing to you people. :)

hes a legend, really funny guy, he is in coronation street now though,

the old red dwarf was amazing,

and yes someone has won takeshi's castle but you didn;t see what happened.

geno said:
hes a legend, really funny guy, he is in coronation street now though,

........ no...... way......... *just glares at the screen*

nyah. i used to watch Takeshi's Castle allllll the time...

LOL there was this REALLY funny one where this guy was in Honey Comb Maze, and he ran out one of the wrong doors, but instead of falling into the swamp... he grabed nto the top of the door frame, swong himself iver, and ran out along the top :D:D:D

and i love when the have the running though wals bigt and some of them are borded up... i never tire of seeing someone run flat into a wall :LOL::LOL:

but the women are great... whenever they run into a monster they scream... and this one woman ranway like.... in the oposite direction to where she was ment to be going :giggle:

The Version shown on UK TV called "Takeshi's castle" which is the name of the original japanese show is much closer to the original than MXC is.

MXC has a questionable American voiceover bearing no resemblance to anything actually been said in Japanese. MXC has 2 made up teams such as Organ Donors & Addicts that are said to be competing against each other, they give each person names & have them going through the challenges to see which teams win.

Takeshi's castle (UK Version) has 100 competitors fighting through, anyone who fails a challenge is eliminated untill they face the final showdown to storm Takeshi's Castle (Something not shown or mentioned in MXC) to try & win a prize.

Takeshi's Castle (Jap Version) has a certain number of people (Proberly 100) going through the challenges to i believe collect points, they have as many goes as they ask to complete each challenge. Eventually a certain ammount are selected to compete in the final showdown to storm Takeshi's castle to try & win A Million Yen.

The show ran from 1986 untill 1990 & in that time I believe only 5 or so people actually won the game. The props & Challenges for the show are still there & you can go a look round the set, although some of the more dangerous things have been removed. The show was owned & organised by the Japanese government & the land is still owned by them.

You can find loads of information here:
http://www.count-takeshi.tk/

Back
Top Bottom