What's new

Takeshis castle

miki78

後輩
9 Sep 2006
OK i know everybody has prob heard of this but it is my first Japanese game show lol i'v never seen anything like it it's mad 😊

My question is does anybody like or know the show has it been baned yet and has anybody ever won?

I just read that the show ended when i was about 5 ;_; ow poopie

LOL, miki where did you watch that program!? XD
Yes, I've seen that when I was a kid, too. And I liked it. :LOL:

Maybe some other regular visiters in this forum have seen it also?
I think it was quite popular back then...

Cue

I watch it every day from 5 to 6 on challenge TV with Craig Charles doing narration

I would like to see the version with no narration though i love it

Its one o my fav TV shows ^^

I loved that show as a kid and I still love it. It's crazy and fun! What games they concoct hehehe...

I still get to watch it because a local tv station is showing a reruns every night.

It's been shown here in the States on Spike TV as "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" or "MXC", and it's funny as hell, what with the intentionally goofy dubbing of the hosts and whacked out participants, all of whom have more passion than common sense. And the games? Good Lord! Talk about insanely crazy stuff, no doubt dreamed up by loopjobs who went to the Marquis de Sade school of game show challenges. By the by, MXC recently came out here on DVD. FYI! Definitely worth watching!

👍

Original program, Takeshi's Castle was aired in Japan during 1986-1989. Pretty old show, isn't it?
Similar shows such as "Kin'niku Banzuke", "Golden Mascle" or "Sasuke" followed in the early '90s as well.

I'm surprised to know that it's been aired in other countries like the US or the UK... ^_^

Hehe. One of our TV stations aired it nearly a year ago. It was hilarious! :D but I didn't knew it was that old! Hehe. :)
But as miki78 asked, has anybody won the game? ☝
Because it's seem impossible for the contesters 😊

Oh! I missed that question! Sorry.
To answer that, YES. Yes, I've seen several people did win, and won 1 million Yen!! (About US$8,475??)

Original program, Takeshi's Castle was aired in Japan during 1986-1989. Pretty old show, isn't it?
Similar shows such as "Kin'niku Banzuke", "Golden Mascle" or "Sasuke" followed in the early '90s as well.
I'm surprised to know that it's been aired in other countries like the US or the UK... ^_^

Yes, it did get aired in the U.S. recently, as another poster mentioned, under the title "MXC". The dub of it was not exactly faithful to the original program, though...😌 it was more of a parody dub, and the hosts and contestants were given various funny-sounding names, that sometimes sound kind of H. Here's more info about the U.S. version, if Cuedoinkies is interested in reading more about it: MXC - Wikipedia

He he i'm watching an hour special but Craig Charles can be a little anoying i wish they showed the original or prop dubbed

Back
Top Bottom