What's new

Are most japanese females lesbian..just wondering

I'm yet to meet a Japanese girl who is even bi-sexual, never mind homosexual. None of the reasons given really scream "lesbian!", simply a society where people compliment each other, and are more comfortable with their bodies. I can see why you would think what you do, but guys do the same thing (I must get my body hair poked, stroked and pulled at least a dozen times daily) and its in no way gay.

It is odd that nobody (or at least not too many) raises their eyebrows when one woman/girl will ask another to go to the restroom with her. If a guy were to ask another guy the same thing, immediately people would think they were from "Brokeback Mountain."

Ah you don't know about that? Its where they go to gossip behind our backs. That or the bathrooms are setup with king sized beds and they just go in for a massive romp. I dunno, I've never seen the inside of a girls toilet... :p

Edit: I was just thinking I don't know any famous Japanese lesbians. Sure theres a manga-ka, but shes not even close to being famous, and her main market is men. Another interesting indicator is that the AV market doesn't really have allot of lesbian material, and judging by the amount of spam I get it seems to be a healthy genre in western countries.

Last edited:
It is odd that nobody (or at least not too many) raises their eyebrows when one woman/girl will ask another to go to the restroom with her. If a guy were to ask another guy the same thing, immediately people would think they were from "Brokeback Mountain."

Man! That's what all the girls including me did at school! Never thought it weird until now! I don't even know why we do that, we just do it, cus.... we are friends????

Like ... two girls talking in the break time between classes, and one wants to go to the restroom, but they still want to continue talking, they can go to the restroom together, and along the way there, they can still talk. It definately has nothing to do with being lesbian though. Maybe it's from some mental thing? Like .... we have to stick together all the time if we are friends, I mean ALL THE TIME.

So .... the school girls in your country don't usually do that?

Man! That's what all the girls including me did at school! Never thought it weird until now! I don't even know why we do that, we just do it, cus.... we are friends????

Like ... two girls talking in the break time between classes, and one wants to go to the restroom, but they still want to continue talking, they can go to the restroom together, and along the way there, they can still talk. It definately has nothing to do with being lesbian though.

So .... the school girls in your country don't usually do that?
Pfft. Are you kidding me? Of course we do! Sometimes to gossip or just because we don't wanna go alone. No lesbianism in it.

Then it's only ArmandV-san who would raise his eyebrows? Then is this the generation gap thing rather than the cultural difference?

Yeah "tsureshon" is very common among school girls here.

連れしょん is common practice in the states as well; I think Armand was just pointing out that if guys did the same thing, it would be considered a bit odd. Double standards and all.

but guys do the same thing (I must get my body hair poked, stroked and pulled at least a dozen times daily) and its in no way gay.

It was a long time ago (70&71) but my Japanese buddies always were touching me. They seemed to be perfectly happy to sit next to me with their arm around me.Often saw girls dancing with girls and sometimes guy & guy, had nothing to do with being gay, just a culture thing. They were always facinated with my body hair, stroking my sideburns, beard, chest hair. It took a long time to get over my "culture brainwashing" that all this stuff wasn't gay. In the 2 years I was in Japan, I never had a "homo" attempt to put the "make" on me; come to think of it, I don't believe I ever met a Japanese guy who was gay.

Uncle Frank

Then it's only ArmandV-san who would raise his eyebrows? Then is this the generation gap thing rather than the cultural difference?

This is common in many countries, I think.

They say that kidneys are female, because they go to the restroom in pairs:)

It took a long time to get over my "culture brainwashing" that all this stuff wasn't gay. In the 2 years I was in Japan, I never had a "homo" attempt to put the "make" on me; come to think of it, I don't believe I ever met a Japanese guy who was gay.

If you told people that its perfectly normal for men in Japan to get naked with their friends and bathe together they would think you've completely lost the plot and Japan is some weird homosexual nation.

On the other hand I'd call them uptight and have some serious image issues. More onsen and sento relaxation for me :)

ヒ廣窶堙ェ窶堋オ窶堙・窶堙ア is common practice in the states as well; I think Armand was just pointing out that if guys did the same thing, it would be considered a bit odd. Double standards and all.

Bingo!

Yes, women in the states do "practice" this. How would it seem if Bob and Joe were out at a bar and Bob turns to Joe and says, "Let's go to the restroom" and off they go? People within earshot would let out a collective, "Ewwwww!"

Since I've seen women do this so many times in my life, I am used to it. But if two dudes did it, then it would seem bizarre.

What's the specific translation & definition of "tsureshon?"

Last edited:
Oh! Ok, so I just misunderstood ArmandV-san's post, right?:p
He said if two guys did tsureshon it would be weird, hehehe, sorrry, and thanks for the explanations.

"tsureshon" is a short form for "tsure shonben" 😊
"tsure" is something like "taking someone/something"
"shonben"is pee, hmm, more like "p*ss", I guess

So tsureshon is a slang term which means "going to a restroom with someone" or "taking someone with you when you go to the restroom."

Got it?:)

Originally Posted by taehyn
They say that kidneys are female, because they go to the restroom in pairs
Hehe, I'm glad I can get this joke, yay!

Bingo!
Yes, women in the states do "practice" this. How would it seem if Bob and Joe were out at a bar and Bob turns to Joe and says, "Let's go to the restroom" and off they go? People within earshot would let out a collective, "Ewwwww!"

The same would apply for 窶敖シニ単ニ団.

My thoughts on the toilet phenomenon.

Blokes: When bloke goes to the toilet, what he has in mind is a mechanical process, an emotionless cold act of disposing of bodily waste.
Its also, for the avarage guy, a very private thing, since in general male culture, showing your dangley bits infront of other men is considored somewhat gay, which is frowned upon in general hetero-male culture.

When a bloke goes to the toilet he expects to spend as little time there as possible, he goes in, unzips, sits down, thinks of England (or where-ever) finishes up, cleans up, and leaves (he also zips up his pants again, otherwise embarrassing incident occurs).

Chicks: When a bird goes to the loo, she still wishes social interaction, women find being lonely as a general occurance mor eundesriable then men, in female culture, there is less shame in being open and intimate with fellow women, so going to the bathroom is just as much a social event as it is an act.
The female toilet room is a haven from male ears, it is a place entirely theres, to many the female toilet is just as much a place of social gathering as the actual building they are in.
afterall, why should the unavoidable act of cleaning out the basement interupt a good conversation?.

- A scientifically unsound essay on toilet usage habits by Nuri

Blokes: When bloke goes to the toilet, what he has in mind is a mechanical process, an emotionless cold act of disposing of bodily waste.
Its also, for the avarage guy, a very private thing, since in general male culture, showing your dangley bits infront of other men is considored somewhat gay, which is frowned upon in general hetero-male culture.

I guess you don't play urinal hockey with the little yellow soap things :)

Chicks: When a bird goes to the loo, she still wishes social interaction, women find being lonely as a general occurance mor eundesriable then men,

Naw, I usually just bring a friend so I don't get snatched up by a crazy. :(There is power in numbers and the creepy guys are less eager to approach a gal if she's with a group.

Not long after I first got here I remember being totally shocked while standing at a urinal doing my business.....and a woman walked behind me and went into the stall.

There could be a kind of defensive instinct thing in the reason why girls always seem to go to the restroom in pairs or groups? :? Y'know, less likely to get pounced on by some odd loiterer-outside-of-women's-toilets type? :p

Also, girls use the restroom to adjust their makeup and hair and clothes and stuff... so it's handy to have another opinion around sometimes :joyful:

Wow, I can hardly believe people like the OP actually exist, though... ☝ :giggle: For hanging around with each other more than with men.. well.. if her husband/boyfriend is out at work long hours, isn't it natural for a girl to hang out with her female friends? Makes sense to me... As for the "cute" thing, and also dancing together at clubs and such, both of those are well known strategies for pulling blokes :D Lots of men like "cute" girls... and plenty of them like girl-on-girl action as well... so... winning strategy, huh? ;-) :D

As for the "cute" thing, and also dancing together at clubs and such, both of those are well known strategies for pulling blokes

Yeah, but you create the problem of "How do I hit on the better looking one without then making it difficult to switch gears and hit on the other one if the better looking one shoots me down in flames?".

When a bloke goes to the toilet he expects to spend as little time there as possible, he goes in, unzips, sits down, thinks of England (or where-ever) finishes up, cleans up, and leaves (he also zips up his pants again, otherwise embarrassing incident occurs).
Chicks: When a bird goes to the loo, she still wishes social interaction, women find being lonely as a general occurance mor eundesriable then men, in female culture, there is less shame in being open and intimate with fellow women, so going to the bathroom is just as much a social event as it is an act.
The female toilet room is a haven from male ears, it is a place entirely theres, to many the female toilet is just as much a place of social gathering as the actual building they are in.
afterall, why should the unavoidable act of cleaning out the basement interupt a good conversation?.
- A scientifically unsound essay on toilet usage habits by Nuri
I guess it's also a hygiene thing; most restrooms used by men are, compared to those used by women, utterly disgusting.
I mean, have you ever seen a woman take a dump in a urinal?

Not long after I first got here I remember being totally shocked while standing at a urinal doing my business.....and a woman walked behind me and went into the stall.

I still haven't gotten used to the cleaning ladies coming in and doing whatever while I'm standing at the urinal, guess that is just one thing I will never get over.

I remember once, a male cleaner apologised to me in the ladies toilets... it took several minutes before I realised that he'd been apologising for actually being there... I totally hadn't noticed "bloke in ladies!" :mad: :D

This rare toilet for women is under the National Stadium.
This is not because of adovocate group's agitation, "Women should also stand up", but just becasue of a practical reason for female athletes at the time of Tokyo Olympic.

Back
Top Bottom