What's new

anyone here also learning korean?

FinancialWar

Sempai
19 May 2006
due to large number of Korean girls at nightclub here in Sydney (japanese are a rare species here), i'm kinda motivated to learn korean for a while.

i heard that Korean and Japanese are exactly the same in term of grammar structure, just wondering if there are anyone here that are also learning Korean?

lolol.

I've tried teaching myself Korean, and I'm actually taking Korean in school tsarting this september. I would say the gramamr is "excatly" the same, however it's really similar. The writing system, hangeul, is really easy to learn, too.

I have no idea who that is. Basically I don't agree with the idea of learning a language just so you can "pick up chicks" as it were, I consider people like that... lets just say I don't like them.

lolol.
I've tried teaching myself Korean, and I'm actually taking Korean in school tsarting this september. I would say the gramamr is "excatly" the same, however it's really similar. The writing system, hangeul, is really easy to learn, too.

ok i see, korean vowel seems to be very hard to distinguish, but the way do you have links to online dictionary that also gives you the corresponding kanji?
ie, if i enter the word 안녕, i want translation in english and also the two kanjis of ヒ??窶扣. the reason is that i can remember the meaning 안녕 faster.

It seems that the thread is veering away from Japanese language study. It will be moved to ChitChat.

ok i see, korean vowel seems to be very hard to distinguish, but the way do you have links to online dictionary that also gives you the corresponding kanji?
ie, if i enter the word 안녕, i want translation in english and also the two kanjis of ヒ??窶扣. the reason is that i can remember the meaning 안녕 faster.

I don't think they're that hard... Expect ㅔ and ㅐ are basically pronounced the same nowadays.

In Korean, they're called Hanja. And sorry, i don't knwo any online dictionaries :/ I've tried looking, but no luck on any good ones. And btw, in Korean, the Chinese characters are called hanja.

Honestly, I think hanja is kind of pointless to learn. I don't know any. (Of course I mean the Korean readings to go along with the chinese characters). They hardly use it anymore, and people just write in hangeul. I would say hanja's usually like in important texts or painitngs or stuff liek that. I know that when my Korean friends' parents were in high school, they had to learn 2000 hanja. But my Korean friends who speak it don't know any, but they can read/write in hangeul.

I have no idea who that is. Basically I don't agree with the idea of learning a language just so you can "pick up chicks" as it were, I consider people like that... lets just say I don't like them.
Me either !!! Learn to say annoying, desperate, pathetic, ex girlfriend? in their language ! :p

i am self-learning korean and i think i am stupid cuz i pick words and sentences in dramas and movies in korean and sometimes make my own sentences which is really fun bt after all its pointless bt atleast i try right? i will take korean lessons in the coming few months and master it (or maybe just learn)

Back
Top Bottom