What's new

Any DDR freaks out there?

I need another job -_- Well, I'll be 16 soon so it should be easier to get one. I want to work at the game store so I can get a discount on a nice DDR mat ^-^

suzu said:
I need another job -_- Well, I'll be 16 soon so it should be easier to get one. I want to work at the game store so I can get a discount on a nice DDR mat ^-^

You may want to consider working at the arcade as well so you could have chance to play DDR Extreme for FREE so as to practice your dance steps. Also, playing at the arcade is much more fun because of the metal dance floor as well as the powerful sound speakers. 🙂

There is only one near where I live, and its 20mins away -_- The other is the place with laser tag its its 30 mins. I live in the boonies XD

Then any game store in mind?
Besides DDR, any other great titles you are interested to get? Also, are you getting the eye toy to enhance your DDR play style?

Yea I didn't realize the new DDR would have eyetoy hook up so now I need to save up for one. A game store is a good idea (w007 discount!) that or suncoast. That new game phantom brave looks pretty neat.

suzu said:
Yea I didn't realize the new DDR would have eyetoy hook up so now I need to save up for one. A game store is a good idea (w007 discount!) that or suncoast. That new game phantom brave looks pretty neat.

The previous 2 series, La Pucelle and Disgaia is much better than Phantom Brave. A bit regret when playing Phantom Brave.

I finally got to see the US DDR Extreme... Honestly, it kinda dissapointed me... They took out many of the songs, and I personally despise the new format. What's up with having only, what was it, 70 songs? The Japanese version has over 110!! I have to admit, though, there are some things about it that I do really like. The eye toy is amusing. The mission mode is pretty fun. Also, there are a couple of songs that I wish I had on my Japanese version (one song in particular, that song from Silent Hill 3... I love that song!) All in all, I declare the Japanese version better, but the American version is still pretty darn good.

And that was my entirely random critiqueing of the game! :)

AWA was a lot of fun. There were many cosplayers there, and I wished so badly that I had been able to cosplay as Lord Ilpalazzo from Excel Saga... I got to play lots'o Bemani games there, too! Guitar Freaks, Drummania, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, so many wonderful games...

I need to get a DDR pad myself... I haven't had one since I left for college... that was nearly 2 months ago! I also want to get Pop'n Music 10 (which comes out next month), the Pop'n Music controller (not the crappy home version controller, the one from www.desktoparcade.com), and Beatmania IIDX 8th Style (which is also being released next month)... also, there is Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, Gran Turismo 4, so many good games coming out soon... I can't wait for the PSP, either... the Playstation Japan website already has an official page for it... such beautiful screenshots...

Well, good luck on finding a job, suzu! May your video-gaming needs be met! :)

Yes, and to solve the Japanese set and Japanese version of DDR Extreme and DDR Festival, get a job FAST AND FURIOUS so as to make the dream become reality.

Kuro- I am too a little dissapointed with the songlist. There are maybe 5 or 6 songs I'm really happy to see, but the majority I find I don't like that much. I figured I would warm up to some of them but no luck. I'm dissapointed at the number of cover songs and "popular" music.

ddr extreme is much better for the arcade then for ps2. they really did screw it up this time. I PLAYED THE LAST DDR SONG THEY EVER MADE. THE 600 BPM!!!! i beat it with a B but holy crap. you can like not see the notes. Max Period i believe its called

holy crap its fast, like you never believe

Because of some copyright issues that Konami is not able to put in all the song that were used in the arcade. I missed the song Senorita, which was only available in the arcade but not the home version. The arcade version also has songs from the previous versions of DDR but the homw version only contained some of it. Sad case.

DDR Freak - Yes, the song is called Max. (Period) and it is not on the arcade machine, only on the Japanese Home Version... did you pass it with your feet or on StepMania? By the way, I can actually read the 600 bpm arrows fairly well, but I can't keep up with them accurately with my feet... Also, the 600 bpm section only has 1/4 notes, so it is the same speed as the 1/8 notes that are going 300 bpm... just considerably more difficult to read...

MShingen - La Senorita is on the Japanese Home Version!! Along with La Senorita Virtual!! :) If only I could get ahold of a pad to play them on... :(

Kuro Matsuri, La Senorita is from DDR 3rd Mix while the virtual version is on 4th Mix. Did US release these 2 mixes? If yes, do they contain these two songs?

Senorita (by smile.dk) is only available on 8th Mix Arcade Version.

I don't think so... but I think those songs might be on Ultramix for the Xbox... except Seniorita... which I didn't realize was different from La Senorita. Now I want to know what Senorita is like...

w00t! 100th post!

Suzu - nope, cant find a digital camera, if you want to know, i dropped the first one in the toilet -_-;;; my mistake ;P

Kuro Matsuri - Both. Once i passed it on stepmania, i wanted to try it on my pad, but realizing the fact that you cant download songs from a cd to the ps2, i went to the xbox, downloading the songs onto the xbox hardrive, and then using those songs on DDR Max 2. I had to make the steps myself though, and that was annoying,

well, i had to clean the bathroom @_@ and my hands were all soapy and slippery, and i felt something in my pocket i forgot to take out, and after i attempted to take it out, it slipped out of my hands and *kersplash*

Back
Top Bottom