What's new

Alzheimers research translation check

mdchachi

6 Mar 2003
Could you check my attempt at translating this passage for my niece? (Never would have thought 8th grade biology at a private school would be this rigorous!) Thanks.

Source:
The researchers observed patterns of uptake spreading from the mesiotemporal lobe to the temporal cortex that correlated with group assignments and were consistent with the Brak et al hypothesis of spreading tau pathology.
Also very intriguing was the fact that when comparing results from cognitively impaired amyloid negative patients with this from amyloid-positive patients, it was clear that more significant tau binding correlated with positive amyloid binding status.

My attempt:
研究者は実験のグループのアサインにしたがって脳のmesiotemporal lobeから脳のtemporal cortexまでの吸収パターンを観察して、そのパターンはBrak博士達のタウ(プロテイン)の病的状態の想定と合っていました。

それとamyloidなしの認知障害のある患者とamyloidありの患者の結果を比べるとamyloidがあるほうはタウ結合が関連し合っていることがわかりました。

Does "group" refer to "group of researchers"?
No, groups of subjects. The experiment consisted of several groups of people. For the "uptake" I think they are referring to dye but I'm not sure. I don't have the whole article. Thanks.

I see. Here's my attempt.

研究者達は、グループの研究課題と相関し、Brak等のタウ病理分布仮説と矛盾しない内側側頭葉から側頭皮質にかけての吸収パターンを認めた。
また、非常に興味深いのは、アミロイド陰性認知障害被験者とアミロイド陽性被験者を比較した場合、より有意なタウ結合は陽性アミロイド結合状態と相関しているのが明白なことだった。

If "uptake" refers to "uptake of dye", 染色パターン would be more appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom