What's new

All the Truth about 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Glenski:
I'm not claiming anything controversial here, 2012 is the most obsessed-about-year in the NEW AGE world, in a distinct fashion all over the world. You can check 2012 in Wikipedia.
Hogwash! You started this thread with the following words:

We all heard about 2012.

So many Explanations and Stories.
What a tantalizing teaser (read: controversial)!

Too bad you have not lived up to your next statement from the OP:
I seek to explain the phenomenon, without stubborn rhetoric

To everyone:
We can explain all the phenomenon using Pareidolia:
pareidolia is "clinically defined" as looking for patterns and seeing patterns where none exist, like faces in the rain, and animals in the clouds, and so forth.
we can also define it in terms of numbers, without the "clinical" consideration, considering the option that some meaning might be there after all:
And, everything you wrote after that is the former.

Give it a rest or give us some substantiation. People have been declaring the end of the world is near for ages.

You claim you have answered questions posed here. Nope. Just gibberish. Why is any calendar more accurate in this whole scenario than any of the other zillion calendars in use? Riddle me that.

Now let me explain the 2012 phenomenon from a different perspective:
See how much analogy between 3 different calenders and End of the World theories.

The Christian YEAR ends, and its most symbolic celebration is Christmas.
The Birthday of Christ.
Christian versions of End of the World theories talk about a future in which Time will End, or it's called The End of Time or The End of The World, or judgment day, and so forth, and it will also be the time Christ will come to the world, with the perfect analogy of birthday and coming to the world with the End of the Year and the End of Time.
In the Hebrew Calendar,
Ninth of Av, The Hebrew 9/11, is the formal destruction day of the year BUT at the End of Times, It will become a day of Joy, since it's also the day the Messiah will be born
(accepted Jewish faith, not all believe he will be born on that day even if he comes, but all know it's the only date in the year considered as a potential birthday of his, if at all).
This is about 50 days before the Hebrew New Year.
And in Jewish versions of End of the World theories, The messiah will come at one point near the end. Then there will be some stuff going on like building of Temples and maybe wars, a religious return, and more, and then we'll have Heaven on Earth, and even a final judgment day when it is decided once and for all, who goes where.
There is some distance between the coming of the Messiah and the Final End, as in the year, they are about 50 days apart.
(This is in complete accord with this version of the End: at the Hebrew year 6000, he will come, and in 7000, it will End.
6/7ths of the time is before the coming, and 1/7th between the coming and the End, in this, quite common, version.
The average Hebrew Year has about 354 days (only adding another month every few years).
So 1/7th of 354 is about 50 or 51.
If we take the Year and "cut" it with this 6/7 - 1/7 scale, we get 50-51 days before the End. You guessed it. Ninth of AV (Like 11.9th being 51 days before 1.1 if both 11 & 12 months are 30 days, or 30 & 29)
Even if it's 2 days before or after the Ninth of Av, it's a superb analogy.
After 6/7ths of the Year, and the 7000-years-calender, It's the Messiah's Birthday or Coming, and after another 1/7th of the Year, or of the 7000-years-calender, you reach the End.
And what is the Jewish Judgment Day in the Year? Again you guess it right, New Year. 1.1.
(Yom Kippur is for appeals...:)
So when the cycle of the Year or The Calender is over, you reach The End, and Judgment Day, after the messiah was born or came when it was 6/7ths of the way.
In Christianity, the End of Time effect is much shorter in expected duration reflected in the Year and because, in Christianity, the Messiah is God. In Judaism, he's not considered as God.
How does this fit together so far about 9/11's and 2012?
As I showed, after 2012, we'll have much fewer dates of 9/11 combos, so, hopefully, much less destruction, and as a direct result, more days of Joy, as "prophesied" by the Jewish religion, in saying (about the Hebrew calendar...), that one day the 9/11-destructions will be gone or over or happy, or generally: LESS 9/11 destruction.
How does this fit with the Mayan Calendar and its related-End-of-Times-Theories?
Basically, it all seems like that the End of the Calendar FEARS are actually pretty much an extension of End of the Year Fears.
Many people have some fears before the year ends.
Time is going by, and you are forced to recognize it once again in a way that shows you you're not here forever.
You can party with the family and friends and love, but some people will still deal with fears coming out.
Now project that, to a bigger Ending of All Time.
It goes by the same symbols, as far as End and Redemption and even Judgments go.
And the Mayan Calendar doesn't just end every year. It ends in the far End.
All collective obsession about 2012 is the same kind of obsession about the end of the year and the end of times in Christianity and Judaism.
And the Mayan Calendar is just like one big year anyway, it has an End, and it starts over.

The Christian YEAR ends, and its most symbolic celebration is Christmas.
The Birthday of Christ.
It is widely accepted that Christ was born in spring.

me: Why is any calendar more accurate in this whole scenario than any of the other zillion calendars in use? Riddle me that.
monkey: And the mayan Calender is just like one big year anyway, it has an End and it starts over.

Moderator, check please.

Then maybe you should come up with a better title next time.

giveup-1.jpg

A certain "simian" just told me that the birth date of Christ is no longer relevant to this discussion. I wonder why it was brought up in the first place?

I was also told that exactness of Mayan and other calendars has nothing to do with what was being shown here.

Well, all I can say is, thanks to Ashikaga for moving this thread. Since it is no longer serious, I'm outta here.

Sorry, the forum software says I can post links because I don't have enough posts yet, I think.
That doesn't stop you from putting up papers from credible sources about the subject, or even links or sources.

So you can see them in:
wikipedia 2012
or google:
2012 theories
2012 mayan theories
12.21.2012 theories
I know about the Mayan calendar and the myths that surround it, so I don't need links to these sites. What I asked for was research, papers (peer-reviewed) sources on your hypothesis, which you have failed at time and time again. I am not about to do your work for you.

Seeing the note you left me on my profile page I assume that you have left. Seeing as the thread is going nowhere I will lock it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom