What's new

Admission to Universities in Japan

Ungur Anda

Registered
1 Mar 2018
Hello everyone!

My name is Anda and I am currently in my senior year of high school in Romania.

I am planning on taking the MEXT examination this summer, but I am really worried of what should I do in case I fail.
I have passed the JLPT N1 this year (December 2017) , so I was wondering whether there are any Universities or school languages in Japan that could accept me based mainly on my Japanese proficiency.
I would feel more secure to have a backup in case I fail.

I have looked up on the internet, but it seems that most Universities require the MEXT or EJU examination.
It would be great if the school would also have a scholarship system.

I know it is a lot to ask for from a University, but I really want to study in Japan, as I love Japanese.

If you have N1 then you have the skills to google this information from Japanese university websites.

Well if all else fail, you can try studying here in Canada lol. There are billions of International students from KR, JP, CN studying here

Rose Garden of UBC
567657567.jpg

aerial view of the main campus
678768768.jpg
Vancouver - UBC Campuses | The University of British Columbia

lol I'm off topic sorry

Hello everyone!

My name is Anda and I am currently in my senior year of high school in Romania.

I am planning on taking the MEXT examination this summer, but I am really worried of what should I do in case I fail.
I have passed the JLPT N1 this year (December 2017) , so I was wondering whether there are any Universities or school languages in Japan that could accept me based mainly on my Japanese proficiency.
I would feel more secure to have a backup in case I fail.

I have looked up on the internet, but it seems that most Universities require the MEXT or EJU examination.
It would be great if the school would also have a scholarship system.

I know it is a lot to ask for from a University, but I really want to study in Japan, as I love Japanese.

Hi Ungur Anda

You are correct in that most Uni's require a MEXT test. If you have N1, and did fairly well in HS, you should be fine. For National Unis there are fewer (my opinion/experience) scholarships (relative to applicants) for undergraduate degrees (and less chance of tuition wavier because of how annual your financial need is calculated;ated (fact not opinion).

Fro at start, have a look at the Global 30
MEXT : Global 30 Project -Establishing University Network for Internationalization-

hope that helps

BTW, Unlike many countries, Japan does not charge an extra fee for international students and if you pick a part of Japan where living costs are cheaper, then you can "work your way through. university" with some "start up money".

Tuition is about 570,000 per year and living can be as low as 60,000 per month though 80,000 for a student is comfortable in a rural part of Japan.

don't give up!

good luck

At one time, I was looking for information on this issue. I can say that in any case, you must have a certificate of level 2 or 1 of the JLPT or score at least 200 points for passing an exam for foreign students of EJU.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of the possibility of taking examinations in the future, by this time I've only managed to find out more about the kind of job I want by taking riasec test... Is it worth it to think about going to Japan for me?

How did you pass N1? Did you write all the vocabularies you memorized? I am still puzzled how to pass N1.

Actually, to get scholarships at Japanese national University's there are two requirements. If you are an undergraduate student you need to pass at least N2

For graduate students, you can also study programs in English-so you need either into, or TOEIC 765.

This is the standard for MEXT Scholarships.

Universities may have their own requirements, but these are the requirements for national scholarships

Back
Top Bottom