What's new

accomodation in Kyoto and Fukuoka

Wouter

台風
3 May 2004
Hi, I'm looking for cheap accomodation in Kyoto and Fukuoka.
I would like to hear from your experiences what are nice places to stay.
I have found a few places in Kyoto already, but the problem is I will arrive in Kyoto on august 16 that's the date the "gozan no okuribi" is held. So it are very busy days in Kyoto around that date. I need to find accomodation from august 16 to august 20 (4 nights) in Kyoto. Can you help me find it?
I also need to find accomodation in Fukuoka, from august 22 to august 24, (3 nights) I would prefer accomodation below 5000 yen / night without meals.
Oh yes, I also have a preference for Japanese style rooms, but it isn't strict necessary.

Im at Robins Nishikoji, and this place is ok, and very cheap too.
Its not Japanese style, its in a way actually quite modest, but the athmosphere is nice. The computer room and tv room are free for anyone to use, my room is a private room - quite small but good for me, theres bed, table, fridge, etc.
This is near Saiin station, so its a few km from here to the center. Its fast to travel by subway/train/bike, but if youre in Kioto for sightseeing etc, then I guess its not so convenient...

-> http://www.ips-robins.co.jp/

Oh, and by the way; even though it says on their web page that no contracts less than 6 months, it works out, for example Im here for 3 months, and the owner just said that he welcomes people even for a few days.

it looks nice to me!
good luck traveling on a japanese holiday -- especially in the summer
a website of some foreign brothers in fukuoka is to-to-to.net -- it is promoted in the websites section of this site...

ryokan's are a little expensive but they are selling the Japanese experience.

if you don't mind slumming it, you should try hitting the Capsule Hotels.

I live in Fukuoka and there are so many capsule hotels to choose from. If your Japanese is good, you'll surely be able to find one off the the train or Airport.

check out this website:

www.fukuoka-now.com

for more info on fukuoka

Back
Top Bottom