What's new

About Teiki of JR Yamanote line

4thavenue

Registered
15 Oct 2014
Hello, I would like to know about Teiki ticket of JR railway. If I use it everyday on Yamanote line, I heard that it has to choose depart and destination station then can stop every station between it.
So, this is the question like Yamanote line has a loop round, if I get on Ueno station and I want to go to Shibuya station, which way I can go? Take the left (inner loop) to Ikebukuro or take the right (outer loop) to Akihabara or I can take both of them because it's a round, that means I can stop every station in Yamanote line???
I'm confusing about this haha. Is anyone know the information about it?

I think the Teiki is valid for a predetermined route, and every station that falls along that route, generally the most direct path between the two stations. So if your Teiki is for Ueno-Shibuya, you'd be able to travel between any two stations that falls along the route on your Teiki without paying. In other words, you've already paid for the Teiki, so you don't pay for the portion of the trip that involves those stations. For your example, this could be either way on the Yamanote, or perhaps the Ginza line, or a combination of Ginza and Hanzomon line with a norikae at Mitsukoshimae.

Does anyone know if you're able to choose the path on your Teiki, so it may include stops you frequent but may not necessarily fall on the most direct path (or maybe avoid a line that's notoriously crowded), or can you get a Teiki for something like the entire Yamanote line (which I imagine would be really expensive, if possible at all)?

I'm not sure about I can take entire Yamanote line so that's why I'm confuse, like I get on Ueno to Shibuya and I take the inner loop so I can stop at Shinjuku before get in again and when I'm back if I choose outer loop I can get off at Akihabara too? Just want to take a walk around, nothing more. But I'm curious about it's a round loop so I can take both side of them or only choose one, I can't find the information in JR site but I see on Hyperdia, the ticket cost around 7750 Yen

Back
Top Bottom