What's new

6-12 months research internship in chemistry?

helgifj

Registered
11 Aug 2014
Hi
I am finishing my master's degree in organic chemistry soon. If there is the possibility I would like to take a 6-12 month "break" before starting my PhD degree, and would be really interested in doing research for a short time period in a country completely different from my home country (Norway). This way I would get valuable research experience before starting my PhD, as well as getting to know another culture better. So I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any scholarships at universities in Japan that would be applicable for something like this. I know this is a long shot, and probably unlikely, but I would be grateful for any and all help.

You can apply for the MEXT research scholarship, which would allow you to do research for up to 2 years as a non-degree student. Deadline is May/June - look on the Norwegian embassy website for application details. A disadvantage is you could only start next April at the earliest. Maybe someone else knows of more specific scholarships, but generally they're few and far between.

Here's the thread where we're discussing MEXT:
MEXT Scholarship (Graduate Students) 2017 | Japan Forum

You won't get paid nearly as much for doing research as you would in Norway though ;)

Thanks, I will take a look at that, always thought the MEXT was only for people who are going to get a degree.

Back
Top Bottom