What's new

夜光石の発音

letslearn

先輩
11 Sep 2013
Hi guys,
A chapter of the book I'm reading is titled 夜光石のひみつ。
Can someone please tell me how to pronounce this reading and what it is?
よろしくお願いします

やこうせき

Also known as 蓄光石

Glow-in-the-dark stones.

I just every bit of that by googling to make sure I had guessed the correct reading.

やこうせき

Also known as 蓄光石

Glow-in-the-dark stones.

I just every bit of that by googling to make sure I had guessed the correct reading.
Thanks Mikesan.
I wonder if they are real? (by that I mean Natural I know of man made ones)I will have to look that up.

Last edited:
The most impressive cases of natural phosphorescence (if it continues to glow after you take the energy source away, it's phosphorescence) are UV-activated and emit in the visible light spectrum, so you need a blacklight.

My husband collects minerals and has a few (stuff like fluorites and calcites, which are actually quite common and cheap).

The Natural History Museum in London has (had?) an exhibit in the jewel vault which contained a whole range of different coloured diamonds, some of which are phosphorescent. That's pretty impressive.

The most impressive cases of natural phosphorescence (if it continues to glow after you take the energy source away, it's phosphorescence) are UV-activated and emit in the visible light spectrum, so you need a blacklight.

My husband collects minerals and has a few (stuff like fluorites and calcites, which are actually quite common and cheap).

The Natural History Museum in London has (had?) an exhibit in the jewel vault which contained a whole range of different coloured diamonds, some of which are phosphorescent. That's pretty impressive.
Thanks nekojitasan, The Natural History Museum in London is on my "to do list".

Back
Top Bottom