What's new

ゴッド・スレイヤーの取扱説明書

どこかに means "anywhere" in the sense of "somewhere"? I think those example sentences you linked to were clear about that, however, I still feel like my translation is correct because it's saying basically "there are underground canals somewhere". Isn't that right?
Yes, your translation "somewhere" is correct. I just pointed out that どこか can't cover all the meanings of "anywhere".
Also, 地下水路 would be singular in this case, as in your initial translation.

Thanks Toritoribe-San :)

5エリア 海
本来、渡る者のできない所ですが、ある事をすると、行来できる様になります。途中、潮流が激しく渦を巻く所があります。
所々にある島では、漁師たちの村があります。

Area 5: The Ocean
Initially the ocean cannot be crossed by travellers, but after a certain event it will become possible. On the way there is a place where the current violently forms a whirlpool. On the scattered islands there is the Fisherman's Village.

For 所々にある島 I'm imagining lots of little scattered islands, I don't know if that's what it means or not though.

Last edited:
Isn't that 渡るのできない and 来できる?

所々 would be more likely "a few/several", but your translation is basically correct.

I see. Then, the second one means 行き来[いきき]. 行来する is not a typo. This is really used, but I believe 行き来する is more common.

Thanks Toritoribe-san, you're a real help. How are these two translations?

他にも溶岩の流れる火山、砂漠の世界が、あなたを待っています。
Additionally, an active volcano and the desert world awaits you.

ネーム入力後、目覚めのシーンから始まります。風の谷の村に来ると、長老は、あなたを「選ばれし人」と認め、「風の剣」を渡します。
After entering your name you will begin from the opening scene. When you go to the Village of the Valley of Wind the elder will recognize you as "the chosen one" and give you the "sword of wind".

I'm assuming 目覚めのシーン means "opening scene"? I tried to look it up, but I can't find any information about it.

目覚める is to wake up. (quite a few RPGs start with the main character waking up in home village and/or a prison cell somewhere, right?)

ETA: the rest of your translations look fine to me

I see, so it's "the scene where you wake up". Thanks.

Do you see anything wrong with this translation?

また、村には、一人の僧兵がいて、あなたに、いくらかのお金をくれます。旅の元手にしましょう。
Also, in the village is a warrior monk who will give you some money. Use it on your travels.

The -te form いて is used to continue clauses just like "and" in English. あなたに、いくらかのお金をくれます doesn't modify 僧兵.

また、村には、一人の僧兵がいて、あなたに、いくらかのお金をくれます。旅の元手にしましょう。
Also, in the village is a warrior monk and he will give you some money. Use it on your travels.

Is that right?

More simply; there is a warrior monk in the village, and... / a warrior monk lives in the village, and...

Thank you, how is this next one?

村の人は、あなたに好意的に接してくれます。こまめに話しかけてみましょう。1度目とは別の情報を話す人もいるかも・・・。
The villagers will happily receive you, try talking to them often. Maybe there are others who'll tell you something different to the first (person).

Incidentally, "first person" is 一人目.
一度目とは別の情報を話す人もいるかも・・・。 vs 一人目とは別の情報を話す人もいるかも・・・。

1度目 is "first time", not "first person".

🤦

Of course, that was a silly mistake :oops:

村から一歩,外に出ると、そこはモンスターの???する危険地帯。あなたは風の剣を使い、モンスターを倒さなければなりません。モンスターの行動パターンは、基本的に2種類あります。あなたの後を追うタイプ、勝手気ままにうろうろするタイプです。
Well, before I can attempt to translate this one, can you tell me what that word is where the question marks are? I can't find it at all. It's on the last link I posted.

That must be some obscure Chinese kanji or something. Thanks for clearing that up :)

村から一歩,外に出ると、そこはモンスターの徘徊する危険地帯。あなたは風の剣を使い、モンスターを倒さなければなりません。モンスターの行動パターンは、基本的に2種類あります。あなたの後を追うタイプ、勝手気ままにうろうろするタイプです。
Outside of the village is a dangerous area where monsters roam. You will use the sword of wind and you must defeat the monsters. The monsters have two basic types of movement pattern. There are the types that will chase you from behind and those that will move as they please.

I just went by presumed on-reading. How do you even get a non-existing kanji to print?
I, too, recognized it as 徘徊 from the context and the shape of the kanji. To tell the truth, I didn't realize the kanji is wrong at first.
You can print non-existing kanji even by using Windows PC. Search 外字エディタ.
I looked up the second kanji in a kanji dictionary 新字源 that contains ten thousand kanji, and also checked if it exists or not by using Chinese input system before posting my response.

That must be some obscure Chinese kanji or something. Thanks for clearing that up :)

村から一歩,外に出ると、そこはモンスターの徘徊する危険地帯。あなたは風の剣を使い、モンスターを倒さなければなりません。モンスターの行動パターンは、基本的に2種類あります。あなたの後を追うタイプ、勝手気ままにうろうろするタイプです。
Outside of the village is a dangerous area where monsters roam. You will use the sword of wind and you must defeat the monsters. The monsters have two basic types of movement pattern. There are the types that will chase you from behind and those that will move as they please.
You got the gist of it.

あなたは風の剣を使い、モンスターを倒さなければなりません。
You must defeat the monsters by using the sword of wind.

あなたの後を追うタイプ、勝手気ままにうろうろするタイプです。
One type is ~, and the other type is...

Thanks guys.

ボスタイプも含め、モンスターは、ある程度のレベルでないとダメージを与えられません。また、同じフィールド内の敵でも、使用する剣によって耐久性のあるもの、全くダメージを受けないものがいます。
A Boss type is included as well, if you are not at the appropriate level you can not deal any damage to him.

The next part is too hard to translate, it's the red part that is confusing me, could you explain it a little?

ボスタイプも含め、モンスターは...
Monsters, including boss types...

もの = モンスター
使用する剣によって: (depending on)
1. 耐久性のあるモンスターがいます
耐久性のある → 耐久性がある (in modifying clauses)
2. 全くダメージを受けないモンスターがいます

Thanks nekojita, It's still very hard though.

耐久性 is translated as "durability" right? I want to make sure I understand this word properly. Durability is the only English word for 耐久性 in edict.

使用する剣によって = depending on the sword you use?

あるモンスター to me means "some monster", is that right?

Yes, によって is "depending on" here.

あるモンスター by itself ("some/a certain monster") and Xのあるモンスター (monster/s having X) are different.

耐久性 I would translate here as "(damage) resistance", from context. I think 耐性 is more common for talking for elemental or similar resistances in games, though. (Also: 属性 for which type it is and 弱点 for weakness)

OK, that's very helpful, let's see if I have it now.

また、同じフィールド内の敵でも、使用する剣によって耐久性のあるもの、全くダメージを受けないものがいます。
Also, enemies on the same screen that are resistant to your equipped sword can not be damaged at all.

Back
Top Bottom