What's new

ゴッド・スレイヤーの取扱説明書

耐久性のあるもの and 全くダメージを受けないもの are two different categories (resistant and immune). Which monsters are resistant/immune depends on which sword you're using.

this 〜もの、〜ものがいます structure is similar to the 〜タイプ、〜タイプです form you saw just earlier.

Let's see how accurate it is this time then :)

また、同じフィールド内の敵でも、使用する剣によって耐久性のあるもの、全くダメージを受けないものがいます。
Also on the same screen (as the boss I guess) depending on the sword you use, some enemies are resistant and others are immune.

ある程度、お金がたまったら、防具を買いましょう。性能の良い物ほど、高値です。また、同じ防具でも、町によって異なる値がついている時もあります。
If I save up enough money, let's buy a protector(whatever that is, guessing armour). The ones with the good abilities are expensive.

What does 値がついている mean? The last part is too hard to attempt at the minute.
買いましょう is always translated as "let's buy" right? I know it sounds strange in the translation above.

Thanks Toritoribe-san :)

ある程度、お金がたまったら、防具を買いましょう。性能の良い物ほど、高値です。また、同じ防具でも、町によって異なる値がついているもあります。

I always thought 時 was easy to understand.
異なる値がついている does this mean "when/if a different price is set"? Because that's what it looks like to me but I can't make that fit in the full sentence.

Edit: Also in the last part, does that でも after 防具 pair up with the も after 時? That も doesn't seem to mean 'also'.

The でも there is more like "even"
同じ防具でも~ "even for the same armor"

The も there after 時 I think follows on from "性能の良い物ほど、高値です". The price is higher for better armor, but also there are times when the price is different (higher) even for the same armor, depending where you buy it.

Thanks Neko, that cleared it all up.

HP値には、常に気を配って下さい。残り少なかったら、アイテムを使うか、宿屋を利用して下さい。
Always pay attention to your HP. If it gets too low use an item or stay at an inn.

I think that one is totally correct, but I ask just in case.

経験値がある数値分たまると、ファンファーレと共に、あなたのレベルが上がります。次のレベルまで、あと何ポイント必要かは、パラメーターの経験値を示す部分の右側見ればわかります。
I don't know if 数値分 is a word or not, but if it is I can't find it in any dictionary :/ I found these though, does it simply mean numerical?
  • 数値分散
    numerical dispersion
  • 数値分解能
    numerical resolution
  • 数値分類法
    numerical classification

あるモンスター by itself ("some/a certain monster") and Xのあるモンスター (monster/s having X) are different.

経験値がある数値分たまると、ファンファーレと共に、あなたのレベルが上がります。次のレベルまで、あと何ポイント必要かは、パラメーターの経験値を示す部分の右側見ればわかります。

Does this red part fit into the second grammar category quoted above?

If you collect enough experience points, your level will increase to a fanfare. You can see how many points are remaining to get to the next level on the experience point parameter on the right side of the screen.

How accurate is that?

ファンファーレと共に means that a fanfare is played when the level increases.
That's 経験値を示す部分の右側, not 画面の右側.

ファンファーレと共に means that a fanfare is played when the level increases.
Yes, that's what I meant "If you collect enough experience points, your level will increase to (the sound of) a fanfare."

That's 経験値を示す部分の右側, not 画面の右側.

Let's see if I understand this correctly. 画面の右側 = right side of the screen, 経験値を示す部分の右側 = the right side of the screen that shows your experience points?

部分 doesn't mean "screen". 経験値を示す部分 = the part that shows the experience points. So if it's some bar at the top left of the main screen, it's the right-hand side of that, not the right hand side of the screen.

I see, that's much clearer now, I was way off.

術は、様々な所でためしてみましょう。思いがけない所で新たな展開を招くことも・・・。
Try your skills in various places. It will cause new developments in unexpected places.
An awkward translation :/ I don't know what is omitted from the end though. Is it あります?

Yes, あります / あるかもしれません is omitted.

You got the gist of it. The second sentence basically says "something might unexpectedly happen".

Thank you.

How's this:
ボスタイプの敵との戦闘中は、テレポートの術、ワープシューズは使えません。
When battling a boss you can't use teleport or the warp shoes.

And now, the final sentence in the manual! :D

あなたの旅は、始まったばかり。あと3本の剣は彼方の他に・・・。
I don't know how to say 彼方の他に in English. Also I don't know what is omitted from the end of the sentence, but I'm assuming あります.

Oh I see, it's "the land beyond".

あなたの旅は、始まったばかり。あと3本の剣は彼方の他に・・・。
You're journey has just begun, and the remaining three swords [await you] in the land beyond.

Back
Top Bottom