What's new

助動詞について

seasurfer

先輩
14 Nov 2003
ら・り・る・れ・

I just realize about these 4 kinds of 助動詞。

Can anyone kindly tell me how to use and differentiate these 4 kinds of 助動詞...

So far, I only know that り is a past tense...る is the normal present tense...

Hope that someone can make an easy sentence for each one, as it will help my understanding, thanks in advance.

I hope you're not as confused as I am, but it doesn't look that way.

り has nothing whatsoever to do with indicating past tense. And I can't understand why you think those 4 hiragana are 助動詞.

mikecash said:
り has nothing whatsoever to do with indicating past tense. And I can't understand why you think those 4 hiragana are 助動詞.
Which was my first reaction. (Well actually my _very_ first reaction was
助動詞ってなんだっけ。) My next reaction after the one you've set out was to wonder whether it was some obscure 古文 thing - although it didn't ring any bells so I doubt it. My last reaction was to leave it for someone else to answer - Thanks Mike :p

I think he's going for this:

ら, as in たら - conditional
り, as in たり - kind of an etc. for verbs. Also, I think it was the ancient past tense.
る - plain/dictionary form
れ, as in れば - conditional

But that's just my guess. If it is ancient Japanese, then I can't help. If not, then I think that this list is a not-so-good way of showing these things.

mikecash said:
I hope you're not as confused as I am, but it doesn't look that way.

I thought り is some sort of past tense in ancient Japanese? Isn't it...All these 4 hiraganas are meant for ancient Japanese, does anyone here know the meaning? Or is there any website that teach ancient Japanese?

Back
Top Bottom