What's new

副詞と副詞

21 Jun 2017
ちょっと考えがありました。同じ文で2語の副詞を使えますか。つまり、副詞は他の副詞も変えられますか。例えば、「同じくよくする」は正しいですか。

なぜならあたしにはそんな文が悪いに聞こえます。でも、いけない元に考えられません。(IMEはそのさいごうの語を知りませんでした。変文ですか?)

日本語でも副詞は副詞を修飾できます。ただし、英語と同様に「とても」とか「比較的」のように程度・割合等を表すものがほとんどですが。
英語での例文
Time moves very quickly.
She can read Japanese relatively easily.
The problems happen too frequently.

「同じくよくする」は残念ながら意味が通じません。そもそも英語ではなんと言いたいんですか?

日本語でも副詞は副詞を修飾できます。ただし、英語と同様に「とても」とか「比較的」のように程度・割合等を表すものがほとんどですが。

すみません、あたしのまだ悪い分かりですからけど、「程度・割合等を表すものがほとんどです」とはどういういみですか?「It almost invariably represents about a tenth-ish」じゃありませんと思います。

「同じくよくする」は残念ながら意味が通じません。そもそも英語ではなんと言いたいんですか?

英語で「just as often」と言ういみを考えていました。例えば、「It rains just as much as it snows.」でも、「よく」のいみは「いい」こともかのうから、多分本当に言いません。ただに考えた例えでした。多分悪い例えでしょう。

英語で「just as often」と言ういみを考えていました。例えば、「It rains just as much as it snows.」でも、「よく」のいみは「いい」こともかのうから、多分本当に言いません。ただに考えた例えでした。多分悪い例えでしょう。

問題は、英語の表現をそのまま日本語に直訳しようとしていることだ。日本語は日本語なりの表現や言い回しがあるから、英語の表現を無理矢理そのまま日本語に直そうとすると相手に通じないことが多い。恐らく、今までの日本語勉強は外国人向きの教科書や辞書が中心だっただろうと思うが、これから一番大切なのは日本の作物を出来るだけ沢山読むことだ。日本人の作家がどんなことをどんなふうに言い表すかをよくみて自分の日本語の作文に活かそうとしなくてはならない。日本語の基本は頑張ってよく学習してきているが、これから先はより自然な日本語に近付こうと努力しなくてはならない。残念ながら、そういう応用技は教科書には載っていない。

日本の伝統的な職業で「技を盗め」と言うよく耳にする表現がある。日本語学習にも妥当する表現でもある。

あと、当然ながら機械翻訳に依存してはいけません。したら更に困惑させられるだけですから。

Toritoribeさんの文章をこのように書き換えたら分かりますか。
[程度や割合を表す]もの が ほとんど です。

問題は「同じく」にありますね。「同じくらいよく」あるいは「同様によく」ならまだ通じるでしょう。「よく」の代わりに「頻繁に」や「しょっちゅう」を使う方が誤解されないですが。

雪が降るのと同じくらい頻繁に雨も降る。
雪と同様、雨もよく降る。

たくさんのこの漢字を知りませんから読む期間が長いですの!😄一つの文とよく3回以上辞書に見ます。でもよ、たくさんのわすれたか学ばなかったか単語も見ています。

Mike Cashさん、ひどい単語を知る量からかんぺきに分かれませんけど、ええと…かんたんいみが分かると思います。つまり、日本語を書いて読むために英語についてぜんぜん考えるべきじゃないことでしょうか。正しいならだいじょうぶ。ただに、昨日自転車とうちに帰る時、そんな考えがありましたけど言う元を知らなかったが、「「同じくよく」ってはいいかな」と同じ文と考えました。いつも今すぐ学んで始めなければ辞書もインタネットも使わず言う元に考えたい。でも、今回全くいけませんとかんじまし。本当に正しくないかどうかを知りたいでした。

あと、当然ながら機械翻訳に依存してはいけません。したら更に困惑させられるだけですから。

もちろんでしょう。とにかくグーグルトランスレートがひどい。多少見ればおかしいです。どう外国人の書き物が分かることはとてもとてもおかしいですね、例えばあたしのブログの日本語は変ことが分かっていますけど、グーグルトランスレートは必ずほしいいみからちがってしまいます。

Toritoribeさんの文章をこのように書き換えたら分かりますか。

はい、助けました。:)再び知らない単語ですから。

「よく」の代わりに「頻繁に」や「しょっちゅう」を使う方が誤解されないですが。

そうでしょう。多分すぐその語も学ぶべきですね。もうおそいです。😄

みんなありがとう!じゃ、今たくさんの新しい語を学んで始めるのためにちょっとタンゴモンをします…

確認したいのですが、質問に答える以外に、質問自体も正しい表現に直す方がいいですか?例えば「ちょっと考えがありました。」ではなく「ちょっと考えたんですが、」のほうがいいとか、少なくとも過去形の「ありました」は文法的にここでは使えないとか。

悪いけどちょっとだけ分かります。つまり、悪く書きましたと言いますか?でも、それだけ分かると思います。でも、例えが分かりません。

かんたんいみが分かると思います。つまり、日本語を書いて読むために英語についてぜんぜん考えるべきじゃないことでしょうか

そう言うことに一切触れなかった。改めて目を通してみてください。

すみません、すべてのポストを読みました、やくそくです。でも、長いと、たくさんの知らない語があると、むずかしい文から、分かれません。かんたんことだけ分かれます。

ちょっと見せます。このクォートで、ぜんぜん知らない語はボールド、漢字だけ知らない語はアンダーラインです。

問題は、英語の表現をそのまま日本語に直訳しようとしていることだ。日本語は日本語なり表現や言い回しがあるから、英語の表現無理矢理そのまま日本語にそうとすると相手通じないことが多いらく、今までの日本語勉強は外国人向き教科書や辞書が中心だっただろうと思うが、これから一番大切なのは日本の作物を出来るだけ沢山読むことだ。日本人の作家がどんなことをどんなふうに言い表すかをよくみて自分の日本語の作文活かそうとしなくてはならない。日本語の基本頑張ってよく学習してきているが、これから先はより自然な日本語に近付こう努力しなくてはならない残念ながら、そういう応用技教科書には載っていない

日本の伝統的職業で「盗め」と言うよく耳にする表現がある。日本語学習にも妥当する表現でもある。

だからたくさんの新しい語を学ぶべきと言いました。

このスレは英語の使用が許容されているところに移動した方がいいと思う。OPは日本語のみでのやりとりに参加するのはまだちょっと早いような気がする。

Agreed. @ The OP, sorry but I moved this thread to the Learning Japanese section. We think it's better for you to reply/explain in English yet.

Sure. Sorry for being such a pain.

So, I'll go through what I said in broken Japanese, and what I meant to say. I would appreciate any corrections.

ちょっと考えがありました。

My intended meaning was just something along the lines of "I had a thought just now." You know, when your brain wanders and then you start to wonder about something. The purpose of this sentence was just to quickly introduce why I was starting the thread.

同じ文で2語の副詞を使えますか。つまり、副詞は他の副詞も変えられますか。例えば、「同じくよくする」は正しいですか。

Asking if you can use two adverbs together (I went with "in the same sentence"), rephrasing the question a bit to try to clarify, then giving the example of asking if "同じくよくする" is correct usage.

なぜならあたしにはそんな文が悪いに聞こえます。でも、いけない元に考えられません。(IMEはそのさいごうの語を知りませんでした。変文ですか?)

Explaining that I was asking because that example I gave (which inspired the question, as I mentioned later) sounded off to me, since I've never heard an expression formed that way before, but I couldn't think of any reason that it should be incorrect. The stuff in parentheses was saying that my IME didn't recognize "考えられません", and I wondered if this was wrong conjugation. Should it have been "考えれないです", or something like that?

すみません、あたしのまだ悪い分かりですからけど、「程度・割合等を表すものがほとんどです」とはどういういみですか?「It almost invariably represents about a tenth-ish」じゃありませんと思います。

Asking for clarification of what a portion of text I didn't understand (because my Japanese sucks), then offering my best attempt at interpreting it.

Explaining what I intended to mean with the original example, then admitting that it's a terrible example because "よく" can also be a conjugation of "いい".

たくさんのこの漢字を知りませんから読む期間が長いですの!😄一つの文とよく3回以上辞書に見ます。でもよ、たくさんのわすれたか学ばなかったか単語も見ています。

In reference to Mike-san's post, noting that because there are so many kanji I don't know, I was having to reference a dictionary multiple times per sentence, then also admitting that even the words themselves were often unknown to me.

Mike Cashさん、ひどい単語を知る量からかんぺきに分かれませんけど、ええと…かんたんいみが分かると思います。つまり、日本語を書いて読むために英語についてぜんぜん考えるべきじゃないことでしょうか。正しいならだいじょうぶ。ただに、昨日自転車とうちに帰る時、そんな考えがありましたけど言う元を知らなかったが、「「同じくよく」ってはいいかな」と同じ文と考えました。いつも今すぐ学んで始めなければ辞書もインタネットも使わず言う元に考えたい。でも、今回全くいけませんとかんじまし。本当に正しくないかどうかを知りたいでした。

Explaining that I couldn't understand everything in the post, but attempting to offer up my best interpretation of the overarching theme behind it. I saw bits about writing properly and English-sounding stuff being unnatural, or something like that. After that is a deeper explanation of my intentions for starting this thread, and to clarify that I wouldn't actually use that particular expression; I was just curious to see if it was technically correct or not.

もちろんでしょう。とにかくグーグルトランスレートがひどい。多少見ればおかしいです。どう外国人の書き物が分かることはとてもとてもおかしいですね、例えばあたしのブログの日本語は変ことが分かっていますけど、グーグルトランスレートは必ずほしいいみからちがってしまいます。

Agreeing that relying on machine translation is a bad idea, then saying that Google Translate is kind of bad anyway. The joke's on me, though; looking at what Google Translate says clarified the post by Toritoribe-san that I had such difficulty understanding and showed me more clearly the nuances of Mike-san's post.

そうでしょう。多分すぐその語も学ぶべきですね。もうおそいです。😄

Saying that I should probably learn more ways to say "often" than "よく" and that it's long overdue for me to do so.

悪いけどちょっとだけ分かります。つまり、悪く書きましたと言いますか?でも、それだけ分かると思います。でも、例えが分かりません。

Just another case of me being a drooling idiot trying to understand what something means. Includes an attempt to apologize for this, though come to think of it I think I used the "悪いけど" pattern inappropriately here.

Just curious JuliMaruChan do you have a native speaker that you're able to speak to or anyone in general that would be at least near a native level? Since they mentioned your sentences were English like I had the same problem and found that speaking to a native as often as possible is extremely helpful to help you start thinking of Japanese in Japanese which is the best way to get correct grammar in my opinion.

Just reading (more attempted than actual) through this thread has helped me identify just how much I know and more importantly just how much I don't. Some of it that I read and understood I thought to myself "why didn't I think to say it that way?"

Sorry for the off topic comment

@ The OP, I can get the gist of what you wrote without your explanation. The problems are grammatical mistakes or choice of words. For instance in あたしのまだ悪い分かりですからけど, 悪い can't be attached to 分かり, the conjugation form 分かりです doesn't exist, から can't be connected to けど, etc.. (I guess you wanted to say something like 分からないからですけど. What Mike-san pointed out is that you need to learn these kinds of expressions from real natives' sentences.)

Just curious JuliMaruChan do you have a native speaker that you're able to speak to or anyone in general that would be at least near a native level?

Hardly. I'm not even in contact with anyone who knows Japanese at all (and is interested in using it), let alone a native Japanese person. The only exposure I get to Japanese from native Japanese people is anime. Dragon Ball Super and Boruto, specifically, at the moment. But I can't exactly go around talking like Son Goku or Naruto. Or... I guess I could, but I shouldn't and don't want to.

What Mike-san pointed out is that you need to learn these kinds of expressions from real natives' sentences.

I don't see any sense in pointing this out. I already know that. The reason I use these kinds of mangled expressions like the one you pointed out is because I know so little, so I fill in the gaps of what I can say properly with my best attempts. Even native speakers of a language do this; the only difference is that these native speakers are so young that they don't think about as much as an adult does, so there are fewer gaps they need to fill in. I don't know much about how native Japanese kids learn, but an easy example from English is conjugation exceptions. It's extremely common to hear a kid say that something is "funner", that someone "hitted" them, that something "hurted", etc. But there's no need to respond to this by telling them to pay close attention to the way adults speak and try to speak like them. You just correct them if you're there when they make the mistake. Eventually, they learn that these should be "more fun", "hit", and "hurt", respectively, probably because of such corrections.

Just the same way, I haven't the slightest idea how to say "my Japanese is bad" at the moment, and clearly my best attempt was seriously flawed. (The entire meaning I was trying to convey there was "It's just because my Japanese is bad, but...".) If I understand what's wrong with it correctly, it's because of the fact that I attempted to morph "分かる" into a noun (taking a cue from "考え"), then combined the "~だから" expression I've heard several times before with "けど", where I apparently incorrectly inserted "です" before "から" instead of after it, mostly because I've never noticed "~からだ" or "~からです" in any Japanese I've heard before. So the ultimate irony is that none of this particular example has anything whatsoever to do with using English patterns in Japanese. On the contrary, if I was to use English as a baseline, it would have been "私の日本語は悪い", and I never even considered that.

I appreciate the correction, by the way.

But I must say I don't understand why introducing English into this thread was really necessary if that was the only kind of thing you wanted to say. My question from the beginning was sufficiently answered, to my knowledge (essentially "yes, you can use multiple adverbs together, but it's not very common and typically degrees and amounts and such"), and I do have some Japanese comprehension. Japanese comprehension that's probably at the level of a 3-year-old, but comprehension nonetheless. I don't see why being unable to understand a paragraph of proper written Japanese (which is way above the spoken Japanese I think in and write with) makes it impossible for me to engage in a discussion in Japanese at all and necessitates involving English into it, unless either things I am saying are excessively incoherent (which you say isn't the case) or I am unable to understand any answers to my question (which isn't the case). It's a learning process and I'm quite content to have to miss out on minor details and look like an idiot along the way. It wasn't a problem when I was forced to do so the first time.

よく読んでもらえればわかりますが、何もあなたがこちらの正しく書かれた日本語を理解できないと言っているわけじゃありませんよ。(ただし "but it's not very common" なんてことは一言も言っていないということは指摘しておかなければなりません。これなんかはよく言われる「わかっているつもり」と「ほんとにわかっている」の間のギャップの好例ですね。つまり細部に関しては完璧ではない。しかも往々にしてその細部こそが要点だったりするわけですが。)問題は、こちらがあなたの使う日本語のどこが間違っているかを指摘しない限り、おそらくいつまでたってもあなたの作文能力は向上しないであろうということです。しかもLang-8に不満を持つ学習者が多いことでもわかるように、ただ正しい表現を提示するだけではなく、なぜどこがどう間違っていて訂正されたのかを指摘する必要があります。(つまりはフィードバックなわけですが。)あなたがそれらすべてを日本語で提供されてもいいというのなら、日本語が母語である私にとってこれ以上楽なことはありません。それがお望みならこのスレッドをいつでも元のセクションに戻せますけど、どうします?
ちなみにノンネイティブの学習者は自身をネイティブの幼児とよく比較されますが、残念ながら3歳児の方がもっと流暢で間違いのない日本語をしゃべります。なぜなら私が指摘したのはあなたが例示されたような容易に間違えうる単純な動詞活用の不規則性の問題ではなく、いかなる動詞型に対してもそもそも存在しえない活用形や単語結合形の問題だからです。無意識に言語を習得していく幼児は、まず文法から推測して作成しようとする大人の学習者と違ってあなたの作文の様な間違いを犯しません。そもそも生まれてこの方そんな表現を聞いたことがないんですから。
選択権はあなたにあります。このまま英語を使い続けますか、それとも日本語だけに戻しますか。(ただ日本語を選ばれた場合、あなたは不慣れであろうとなかろうと日本語を使い続ける覚悟を持ってください。繰り返しになりますが私としてはその方がありがたいくらいです。おそらくそちらには相当な苦行になると思いますが。)

すべての書かれたはもちろん正しい。

しかし、しかたないことです。ぜんぜん他人と日本語を使わないことは助けられません。よく正しくない日本語もそれより助けます。

このスレはどっちもいいです。もう終わりました。

So, you mean you don't need to know the correct meaning of ただし、英語と同様に「とても」とか「比較的」のように程度・割合等を表すものがほとんどですが。 or to be pointed out that すべての書かれたはもちろん正しい。 is ungrammatical anymore?

I apologize if I was unclear, but I did understand what "ただし、英語と同様に「とても」とか「比較的」のように程度・割合等を表すものがほとんどですが。" meant after lanthas-san restructured it. And yes, I do still appreciate pointing out my mistakes. I missed a こと there; I meant to write "すべての書かれたことはもちろん正しい。" That one was a case of my general sloppiness in writing; it happens all the time even in English, like one case in this thread (before I found it and edited it out) where I accidentally wrote (IIRC) "affect" instead of "after it".

By the way, Mike-san, your post is helpful. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear. It's just that it's not the meaning behind it that's helpful; it's the incremental experience of exposure to proper, well-written Japanese.

I apologize if I was unclear, but I did understand what "ただし、英語と同様に「とても」とか「比較的」のように程度・割合等を表すものがほとんどですが。" meant after lanthas-san restructured it.
And I already pointed out in my post in Japanese that your interpretation "it's not very common and typically degrees and amounts and such" is wrong. I also said that there often is a gap between "I think I understand it" and "you really understand it", and therefore you need to get feedback. (No offense, but we had so many learners like that here.)
an example
Translating a short clip... | Japan Forum

It should be (ここに)書かれていることはすべて正しい(です), by the way.

すべて日本語で読んだり書いたりして頑張っていることを尊敬します。
It's admirable that you are trying to converse entirely in Japanese.

しかし、ここでは日本語と英語両方を書けば助かりやすいのです。何を伝えようとしているかはっきりわかりますから。
In the forum though it's probably more helpful if you write both so people can clearly see what you are intending to say.

Toritoribeさん、じゃ、分かったら、日本語「も」英語「も」使うべきでしょうか。それて、Mdchachiさんは同じこと思っているでしょう。いつもそれだったらこんなゆっくり分かるごめんなさい。とにかく多分本当ですね。

でも、学ぶことためじゃないスレはどうしますか。例えば、楽しみのために「ユーザーネームの元」のスレをすぐ始めたい。日本語を使いたいけど、多分英語も使うべきです。どこでこんなスレを始めるべきですか。

So, Toritoribe-san, if I understood this time, we should be using both Japanese and English, and Mdchachi, you are also saying this. If this was an intended meaning from the beginning, I apologize for taking so long to understand. In any case, it's probably true.

Still, what do I do about threads that have nothing (directly) to do with learning, i.e. threads started just to practice and engage in casual discussion? For example, I kind of want to start a "Username Origin" thread, just for fun and to have an excuse to use Japanese for something, but as has been mentioned, I should probably use English as well. Where should I post these kinds of threads?

Back
Top Bottom