What's new

はじめまして!

21 Jun 2017
みんなはじめまして!ジューリーです。アメリカのミシガン人です。ビデオゲームを作って、たくさんのアニメが好きで、くもが大好きで、少し日本語を知ります。今日本語を知ることはいけませんから、もっともっと他人と話のためにこのフォーラムに来ています。よろしくお願いします!

Hello, everyone! My name is Julie; I'm from Michigan. I make video games, like a lot of anime, love spiders, and know a little bit of Japanese. My current Japanese knowledge is lacking, so I'm coming to this forum hoping to talk in Japanese more. Nice to meet you!

There's more talking about Japanese here than in Japanese here but there's a lot of old hands that can solve virtually any question you may have about Japan or Japanese.
Welcome.

そうですね。ざんねんですけど、しかたないでしょう。

I'll enjoy it here regardless. :)

あら、そう!わすれてしまいました。一般的なフォーラムでは重大じゃないトピックがいいですか?なぜならいいならば少しそんなトピックを始めたいですけど、すべての見えるトピックは重大に見えて、ルールが見えません。例えば、あたしは時々楽しみのためにブレスレットを作るから、新しいブレスレットのことのためにポストしたいかもしれません。もう一つの例えは「一番好きな(何か)は?」と同じトピックです。そんなことはいいですか、うるさすぎですか?そして、うるさすぎならちがうフォーラム(例は「日本語で勉強」)ではいいですか。

Oh yeah, I completely forgot! Would it be okay to post unimportant topics to the "一般的なフォーラム"? I ask because I would like to start some of those topics, but all the topics are serious and I don't see any rules about this. For example, I sometimes make bracelets for fun, so I might want to post about new ones I make. Another example would be "What is your favorite [thing]?" topics. Would this sort of thing be okay, or would it be annoying? If the latter, would such a thing be okay in another forum (e.g. "日本語で勉強")?

There's no rule about what you may post in that section, except that you post in Japanese. If you want advice, comments, or corrections to your Japanese then it might be better to make the posts to the Learning Japanese section.

You might want to review the difference between 分かりました and 分かっています. That didn't come off sounding like I think you meant it to (unless you were trying to sound 生意気, in which case nevermind).

ああ、そうですか。ごめんなさい。多分アニメで人が生意気ですからね。😅
じゃ、正しく分かれば「分かっている」とは英語の「Yeah, I know」と同じいみでしょう。つまり、もう分かることでしょう。ちがいますか?
こんなことから本当に他人と話すべきですね。過去日本語で話したがる友達がありませんでしたからぜんぜん他人と話せなくて、アニメだけから聞けました。悪いことを言う所はここだけよかった。何か言ったありがとうございます。

あら、それか、「分かっている」とは他人ですか?今だけこれを見つけました。おもしろいです。ぜんぜんこんなことを学びませんでした。

あら、それか、「分かっている」とは他人ですか?今だけこれを見つけました。おもしろいです。ぜんぜんこんなことを学びませんでした。

No, 分かっています means you already know and, depending on the context, can sound quite snotty and ungrateful..

If you want to post in all Japanese you need to do it in the appropriate section of the forum, as our rules encourage primarily English use through most of the forum and not everybody is able to follow along in Japanese. It also opens us up to the temptation to correct your grammatical and usage errors in your introduction thread, which wouldn't look nice.

My apologies. Sorry for cluttering up this section with my questions. And thank you for the answer in any case. 😅

Oh yeah, I completely forgot! Would it be okay to post unimportant topics to the "一般的なフォーラム"? I ask because I would like to start some of those topics, but all the topics are serious and I don't see any rules about this. For example, I sometimes make bracelets for fun, so I might want to post about new ones I make. Another example would be "What is your favorite [thing]?" topics. Would this sort of thing be okay, or would it be annoying? If the latter, would such a thing be okay in another forum (e.g. "日本語で勉強")?
If you just want to chat in Japanese without getting any corrections, 一般的なフォーラム is the section for that purpose, and if you want to practice to use Japanese (want to get correction, grammatical explanation or like that), Learning Japanese is the place. In the 日本語で勉強 section, you get replies in Japanese even for these corrections or explanations. Welcome to JREF.:)

Never apologize for zeal.

Is it bad that I had to look up "zeal"?

Now that I know what that word means, nah, I'd never apologize for that. Posting wrongly, or rather, posting in the wrong forum, however...

If you just want to chat in Japanese without getting any corrections, 一般的なフォーラム is the section for that purpose, and if you want to practice to use Japanese (want to get correction, grammatical explanation or like that), Learning Japanese is the place. In the 日本語で勉強 section, you get replies in Japanese even for these corrections or explanations. Welcome to JREF.:)

Thank you for the explanation!

Back
Top Bottom