What's new

なっても、sentence

staren

先輩
9 Nov 2011
Hello, I have a couple of sentences I would like help with again :)

また、話し言葉では、言葉を簡単に短くして言う言い方 もよく使われます。
I have trouble putting it all together. Especially the sentence modifying 言い方。Sort of what I got:
Also, among the spoken words, expressions the often are used are words which are easily(?) made shorter and then said.
Well it's a horrible sentence and too literal but, is the part: "expression which are words that are simply made short and said" correct?

明日になっても犬が見つかれない場合は、ペットレスキ ューセンターに探しに行きましょう。
The part here I don't get is なっても. I have learned that ~ても is supposed to mean "even if" which for me don't make sense here so I guess I have missed something. What I'd like this sentence to mean is: If you have not found your dog by tomorrow lets go to the animal rescue center and look.

Any help is appreciated.

I would say "expressions using simple and shortened words" for 言葉を簡単に短くして言う言い方.

It should be 見つからない場合 or 見つけられない場合. :D

in case that you will not find your dog even when tomorrow comes

Maybe I'm being way to literall, I'm not sure, but how does it become "simple and shortened" words? Does somehow して mean that they have been made simply and also short. And 簡単に is not an adverb is I thought it was?

Yes, you are correct. I messed up the copying of the sentence, I believe it should be 見つからない.
I do however not quite get the 明日になっても. I guess that's the part you translated as even when tomorrow comes. Maybe I would just need some more exposure to this...

When I first learned about なる, I found it the hardest grammatical item I learned all semester, but it's actually pretty straightforward.
It's often used for general situations that indicate change, like:

春になりました Spring has come (It became Spring)

友達になりたい I want to become friends

20才になった I turned twenty (I became 20 years old)

うれしくなりました I'm happy (I became happy => with the meaning you weren't happy before)

you can't always translate it literally as the last example shows, but you get the idea I hope.

If I say things that aren't correct, please correct me.😌

Last edited:
Maybe I'm being way to literall, I'm not sure, but how does it become "simple and shortened" words? Does somehow して mean that they have been made simply and also short. And 簡単に is not an adverb is I thought it was?
簡単に is an adverbial phrase, modifying 言う.
簡単に言う: to say using simple words

Yes, you are correct. I messed up the copying of the sentence, I believe it should be 見つからない.
I do however not quite get the 明日になっても. I guess that's the part you translated as even when tomorrow comes. Maybe I would just need some more exposure to this...
Basically it's close to 明日になったときに. It's not the problem whether tomorrow comes or not.

簡単に is an adverbial phrase, modifying 言う.
簡単に言う: to say using simple words

Ok. I think I get it now. Thank you very much.

Basically it's close to 明日になったときに. It's not the problem whether tomorrow comes or not.

I'm afraid this still bothers me ^^
If it's not too much to ask, would you mind writing a couple of examples sentences using なっても?

春になってもまだ寒い。
Spring has come, but still cold.

場合 changes the whole preceding clause 明日になっても犬が見つからない to a conditional.

In the future, when tomorrow has come, in case that you don't find your dog yet at the time, then...

Yes, that sentence I understand but the previous one still eludes me.

I am familiar with 場合 and I think I already understand it.

Would this sentence carry the same meaning?
明日になってまだ犬がが見つからない...

Back
Top Bottom