What's new

なく, sentence meaning?

Okay! Here it is:

marr.mp4

She's with her friend, who she just took a bullet for. He asks "why did you do that for me?" and this is her answer, before she dies.

The only mistake is in the third line. It's でも私が知っているリュウイチは, not でも私が知っているあなたは.

She might said 明日、そんなに遠くない明日 in the fifth line, but it doesn't make sense anyway.

My best guess is 明日は、そんなに遠くない。明日私が好きだったリュウイチに…. This can work only when she planned to meet リュウイチ tommorow.

Oh, yeah, sorry, I just missed the name out because no one would have known it. :p

Hm... I don't think she did. They had met up for the first time in a while and were actually talking before she got shot, saying how "he's really changed." Does it not make much more sense with でいいから after it?

I assumed the whole speech was talking about her boyfriend because of the 明日 line, but I suppose throwing it in there when she's addressing リュウイチ doesn't make much sense either.

あなた and 彼 refer to the friend with her and リュウイチ in the frist line, respectively. Thus, the first sentence is about the friend, whereas the rest is about リュウイチ. She loves リュウイチ, not the friend with her, doesn't she?

遠くない doesn't makes sense whether でいいから is there or not.

リュウイチ is the friend with her. The 彼 is someone else, who she is in love with.

Ah, "The girl is dying, and she's talking to her friend, who betrayed their other friend (who she is said to have liked.)" confused me. I thought their other friend who she is said to have liked referred to 私が好きだった[リュウイチ] part.

So, he is talking to リュウイチ, she loves the role Gackt is playing(maybe?), and リュウイチ betrayed them, right? Then, I think she said that she hoped リュウイチ would return to his former self in the near future in the line 明日…そんなに遠くない明日.

Sorry, that's my fault. I didn't explain it well. :p Yes, you're exactly right. She loves レイ, who is played by him, and リュウイチ betrayed them.

Ahh, that makes the most sense! I think you're right. Thank you! Finally got it figured out. :p I'm glad I checked, I assumed she'd been talking about レイ the whole time...

If I may ask one more thing - in another scene (one of the battle ones), they're fighting, and the captain says "we'll definitely get home alive." Before that, he said something that sounds to me like 信頼よ! but I figured the correct way to say it is 信頼しろ. Have I misheard it? I'm thinking it may actually be 死なないよ though I can't hear that.

I forgot about that one! But I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it ends with an あいよ sound...

He's talking to his vice captain, so I don't think so. :p Here's the context:

[fighting against people trying to kill them]
??よ。絶対に生きて帰るぞ!
はい!![gets shot]
大丈夫か?行けるか?
平気です。
??よ。

2)
だってもう元のあなたには戻れないじゃない。 or だって元のあなたにはもう戻れないじゃない。

She said it with the falling intonation, didn't she? Unlike the rising one for confirmation, it's used for a strong assertion here, similar to 元のあなたには戻れないのよ!
That is very similar to 元のあなたにはもう戻っていけないのよ isn't it ? For 戻っていけない the speakers/writers statement of the situation or his/her judgement as to what is possible sounds more emphatic and subjective to me than 戻れない for some reason. Possible because because I have heard the former more often in connection with a とても~ない pattern. :?

Back
Top Bottom