What's new

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS Commercials Transcript, Proof-Read please?

Janet Merai

先輩
10 Mar 2007
It has been years since I last posted here and I took a suggestion by Mike Cash, I believe, to study Japanese more and I took that to heart.
I've been studying, listening and practicing a lot lately and while I have vastly improved, I expect I will make mistakes.

For practice, I am transcribing all of these commercials from the Arashi Interview series for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.
This has taken me nearly two weeks by constantly listening to these guys over and over again.

Videos here:
[Nintendo 3DS] The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D Japanese Commercial Arashi 1 - YouTube
The Arashi videos on YouTube are what you want to look for.

I am not requesting a translation but a proof-read of my transcript.
My ambition is to translate it all by myself, so please don't translate it for me.

Please let me know what I missed, offer any suggestions or insight that help me understand any important grammatical structures or anything else that contributes to better understand my mistakes! :D
Thank you, I appreciate it if anyone is willing to help me :3

かわいい感じのそのビジュアルイメージ行けるんだけど
やって見るとまあ方眠とで俺は閉じな倒す最後まで行ってない気がする
行けなったんだよな多分
任天堂3DSに蘇る
ゼルダの伝説時のオカリナ3D
続く一回かに同男何て、今度は、クリアできます!

謎解きに瑕疵もうヒントほぼほぼ
無声の声見たいな咎クン
その謎解きの放っとかれ声ってのが可能性を為されてる、訳じゃないですか
ブーツ配せら上がらないが無為で見ようとか

任天堂3DSに蘇る
ゼルダの伝説 時のオカリナ3D

バトルシーンで言うところの、その、ターゲットにロックオンする
って言うやり方はこれが初めじゃんじゃねかな
フィールド込んだけバーンってでかくするとか
馬乗るとか
全部ここに合って

任天堂3DSに蘇る
ゼルダの伝説 時のオカリナ3D

それがそのマリオとか見たいな方
横スクロールのアクションゲームって言うのは凄い好きだったんですけど
あのねえゼルダの伝説はアクションとしての面白さめっちゃ嬉しい
それだけじゃなくて
すごい頭使います

任天堂3DSに蘇る
ゼルダの伝説 時のオカリナ3D

やっぱ広かったなぁ、広かった!
平原のこういう坂だってとかって言うのは
なあこう?
俺わい、あの、より感じることができた気がします
あんだけ広いところだからそこの気持ちをだったな

任天堂3DSに蘇る
ゼルダの伝説 時のオカリナ3D

DSを持って
こうてると、この中の画面も同時動いてくれる機能を長いですが俺は何か上下のこの概念がなかったから
コースのとこに乗ってこうジャイロで見たときにクモの巣の網面のその隙間からちゃんと見る感じとか
何かあるそうね

こうアイテム展示とかするときに行くかと思っていかなきゃいけなかったのは
同じアイテムを替えでから時に住みながら同軸で変えられるんですか
その何か即さくさく進ん感じだって即急良かったすんね

任天堂3DSに蘇る
ゼルダの伝説 時のオカリナ3D

俺が見てる目線の先にリンクが行ってリンクと同じように自分の越えて動いてから本当自分そこに入ってる感じ
家じゃなくてその外3DS外のってでいつでもできるって言うのは
これは大きですよ

任天堂3DSに蘇る
ゼルダの伝説 時のオカリナ3D
隔日に開け時間ゼルダのですよ

3D版の復唱とはめちゃく声はです
矢印見たいな鎖が伸びるんですよ
ヅルルルって
押したままこう言って自分で決めて
ここって狙って所にボタン話すととんでたとか
ヅルルルって

Well done. Looks like you've done a lot of good work. Its a bit of a slog to go through each line and point out each mistake in a way that doesn't give you the answer. I'll put a link to the script so you can look for yourself. I know you don't want to be spoon-fed, which is is very admirable, but this might be the most efficient way to introduce new vocab that you aren't aware of. I think this is the main cause of some of the mistakes in your work.
DAMEDAの伝説 | 天然温泉〜あらしの湯

Thank you for the link Majestic, it's exactly what I needed! :D
Originally, I couldn't find the script for the commercials despite looking everywhere, but this helps me a lot!

Regarding being spoon-fed, it's more like I just don't want the English answers and I want to learn.
Having the script is very helpful and I thank you for it :3
If it were up to me, I would be taking even longer to figure this out, so thanks.

One thing I did want to point out was the ワタクシ line in the second sentence.
Maybe it's just me but I clearly hear him saying 俺も, is that really the line?
He doesn't even seem to utter anything related to a く at all.
I have gone back and forth several times and I just don't hear ワタクシ at all.

Edit:
I did some more reading and it appears there are two scripts, which is obvious, but I assumed the red one was the correction but coincidentally the first script seems to match what I had down more closely.

Exactly why are there two scripts anyway?
Maybe it's obvious but I did read the top of the page as much as possible and I haven't found why there are two.

Last edited:
It's still the problem of grammar other than the vocabulary, in the end. For instance, 俺は閉じな倒す is ungrammatical and therefore doesn't make sense at all. Even if what he said in unclear, we revise it unconsciously in our head, a verb must be here, there must be a noun here or like that. That's the listening comprehension, I believe.

Exactly why are there two scripts anyway?
As she said "パロD" in the page, the red part is a parody of the CM. Also, she clearly wrote 以下、にのちゃんのセリフは CMそのままです.

Maybe it's obvious but I did read the top of the page as much as possible and I haven't found why there are two.
It's not her purpose to transcribe all the CM.

It's still the problem of grammar other than the vocabulary, in the end. For instance, 俺は閉じな倒す is ungrammatical and therefore doesn't make sense at all. Even if what he said in unclear, we revise it unconsciously in our head, a verb must be here, there must be a noun here or like that. That's the listening comprehension, I believe.

What's ironic is the fact I actually had 俺は当時な on my 30th of 40th listening session just on that one particular line.
I didn't think it matched at the time so I took it lightly, but going back now I see the major difference.

In these commercials, I noticed there are a lot of video cuts or edits... so I assume most of the meaning has been changed for timing reasons or some other.

Other than that, my listening comprehension is drastically improving :3

Also, I don't expect her to transcribe it all and I am glad I am using my own clues and hints to understand what is being said.

It's a parody, interesting... I am surprised I didn't know that D

What's ironic is the fact I actually had 俺は当時な on my 30th of 40th listening session just on that one particular line.
I didn't think it matched at the time so I took it lightly, but going back now I see the major difference.
俺は当時な倒す is still different from what he really said 俺もう当時ね多分, but better than the completely ungrammatical one 俺は閉じな倒す. It seems to me the problem of grammar after all that you finally chose the wrong one 閉じな.

In these commercials, I noticed there are a lot of video cuts or edits... so I assume most of the meaning has been changed for timing reasons or some other.
Not really. They would never edit the videos in that way. Japanese people, including me, or skilled listeners must be able to get the meaning easily, of course.

Other than that, my listening comprehension is drastically improving :3
Hmmm...

謎解きに瑕疵もうヒントほぼほぼ
無声の声見たいな咎クン
ブーツ配せら上がらないが無為で見ようとか

謎解きに関してノーヒントほぼほぼ
どうしたらいいのこれ、みたいな時がくるの
その謎解きのほっとかれ具合ってのが、可能性をされてる訳じゃないですか
ブーツ履いてたら上がないから脱いでみようとか

俺は当時な倒す is still different from what he really said 俺もう当時ね多分, but better than the completely ungrammatical one 俺は閉じな倒す. It seems to me the problem of grammar after all that you finally chose the wrong one 閉じな.

You are right, but after Majestic provided that transcript to me, I had actually gone through my original transcript and began editing it again.

Not really. They would never edit the videos in that way. Japanese people, including me, or skilled listeners must be able to get the meaning easily, of course.
I was under the suspicion the video was edited due to the transcript Majestic provided did not match the commercials I saw audibly 100%.
Interesting though, I hadn't known.

Hmmm...

謎解きに瑕疵もうヒントほぼほぼ
無声の声見たいな咎クン
ブーツ配せら上がらないが無為で見ようとか

謎解きに関して、ノーヒントほぼほぼ
どうしたらいいのこれ、みたいな時がくるの
その謎解きのほっとかれ具合ってのが、可能性を試されてる訳じゃないですか
ブーツ履いてたら上がれないから脱いでみようとか
As soon as I saw the transcript, I was astonished to realize a horrible error I made in 俺は閉じな倒すな.

Those corrections seem accurate based on the transcript Majestic provided.

After that, I had another listen at that line and slapped my fore-head that I missed that entirely! XD
No joke, it took one time to hear him say 俺は当時ね多分.

I've been spending a lot of time listening to Pimsluer's Japanese Audio Courses and it is paying off big time! :D

Based on the feedback so far, my knowledge of grammar seems to nip me every time.

I'm glad I have improved though, but I will keep moving forward and doing my best :3
Thank you for your help so far :D

Those corrections seem accurate based on the transcript Majestic provided.
You can check which transcription, my one and hers in the site, is more accurate. He is not saying ノーヒントじゃないですか or くるんだけど, for instance.

No joke, it took one time to hear him say 俺は当時ね多分.
What he actually said is 俺もう当時ね多分, as I wrote in my previous post.

Back
Top Bottom