What's new

Yeah I am in Ueno

Damicci

先輩
4 Nov 2003
上野に居ます。 やった
It's been a blast I have visited a few shrines in the area and went to a festival in asakusa. that was really cool. checked out Ueno park and ate fresh pork buns とてもおいしかったです

明日から大阪に行って友達に会います。彼女はたいへん 少し英語を話します。そしておもしろいです。私は日本 語に練習をすることが出来ます。

Tomorrow I will go to Osaka and meet a friend. She speaks very little English so it wil be interesting. I will be able to practice Japanese. So far my limited japanese has helped us get around being as we do not have a guide but it is still fun.

We were able to get to see a few cherry blossoms at 上野こえん and we at tako yaki and taiyaki? (pancake filled with different types of fillings) Very good. Hung out with some friends from Ebisu and Shibuya area and drank til like 1:30am but the hotel closes the main doors at 2:00a, so we had to hurry back to the hotel.
So far it's been a blast I dropped mad cash at Akihabara but it was well worth it as i got abunch of stuff I have been wanting for a while.

Well this is just bit of what we have done so far considering we still have about 8 more days left. See you guys soon.
:emoji_thumbsup:

It sounds like you're having a ball. Lucky you, Damicci ! Suck in all the goodies you can, and tell us all about it ! 👍

Sounds great!
大阪に来るのですね!
You will be able to see plum blossom at Osaka castle park.
My house is close to that park.
Have a nice trip!

We were able to get to see a few cherry blossoms at 上野こえん
本当?ちょうど満開の桜がもう見られるでしょうか。 :cool: 特に夜は桜もすごく綺麗だそうですね。 Damicci さんが、 日本で楽しく遊んだり、練習したりしているそうで安心しました。 :p
大阪の友達といろいろ話し合ってがんばってね。

Man, that sounds so cool. I'm happy you're having such a good time over there. I hope my turn comes soon. Be sure to keep us up to date with the goings on over there. I'm sure you'll enjoy Osaka, and you may even pick up a bit of the cool Osaka-ben. ほんまにおもろいで! Keep having fun! 🙂::emoji_thumbsup:

Back from Osaka and man I could stay there forever.
Caught the Shinkansen and this was my first time on it. All I have to say is don't try to watch everything in the window when it gets up to speed it'll make you sick watching everything go by so fast. Was Funny cause my girlfriend kapt getting freaked out everytime we passed another train because the force created from to trains passing each other at about 240mph(300km/h) causes the windows to slightly flex and creates like a boom sound on the glass. I swear the Japaense bow for EVERYTHING. The ticket checker and the lady selling the bentos bowed everytime they exited and entered the cars. It was crazy.

We went to Osaka Castle but we got there to late to go inside as they closed early I guess b/c today was a Japanese Holiday. The grounds is really pretty even though it was overcasted today and Osaka was alot warmer than Tokyo. The weather was great. I did get to see the plum blossoms and got some nice pics of those. My friend in Osaka Mika-san is really pretty and fun girl. We did have a slight language barrier but it didn't stop me from making an *** out of myself trying to explain "Ricer " to her. We saw some jacked cars in osaka as well as really nice ones. Went to Namco Land where I got to show off my mad tight JDM Taiko no Tatsujin skills. Got a small crowd of Nihonjin checkin me out too. I think I slightly embarrased my friend as I was dancing around the machine beating on the drum at the same time. Me my Gf and Mika had some pics taken at the photo booths in Namcoland and it was cool. The booth are roomy and have all kinds of cool things to use to modify your pics. I wish I had a scanner to scan those up really cute pics. I think those booths can make any one look like a star.

After wards we headed back to Shin Osaka Station As we had to catch the Shinkansen back to tokyo early since it was the last train to tokyo. Sucked though We were having a lot of fun hanging with Mika. Mika wants to come to America this summer so I will be really happy if she can.

Peace guys. :p

Maybe it's only me, but I like that train passing each other things. I just like the speed. :p Especially on the shinkansen. There's that "push" when the trains come next to each other. The power of speed!!! Faster!! Faster!!!!!! ☝

I've seen Namcoland in Osaka, but didn't go in though. Does it have every Namco arcade in there, or something?

Keiichi

😊

Elizabeth said:
本当?ちょうど満開の桜がもう見られるでしょうか。 :cool: 特に夜は桜もすごく綺麗だそうですね。

上野公園で咲いていた桜は「寒桜」です。
「ソメイヨシノ」が咲くのは28日ごろでしょう。
見ごろは4月1日ぐらいでしょうかね。 😌
Damicciさんが東京に戻ってくるころには咲いているかもしれませんね。

昨日、福岡で大地震がありました。
過去100年、地震がなかったので安心していたのに・・・・ 😌
今朝も、ちょっと揺れています。

Damicciさん、今日は全国的に天気が悪いですが
関西の食文化を楽しんでください。

Last edited:
Damicci!

Glad you're having a lot of fun. Wish I could give you company and guide you through Tokyo!!

Unfortunately, I'm glued to my work desk... Also, I may be too much of an "old lady" to match your tastes in what to see in the city! 😌

@Nagashima-san,

I hope you and your family were OK in the recent earthquake! I always thought Kanto region will be the next to face the Big One. :unsure:

Oh no nagashima lives in the area they had that quake.
I hope everything is ok for you Nagashima-san.

Epigene-senpai it's ok, we were able to get to the auto salon today and that was pretty fun. Mostly toyotas though so I think we went to the toyota auto salon but fun none the less. Tomorrow is kyoto but I may not make it as we have to be in tokyo by 7am that is TOOOOOOOOO early for my tastes. neither the less we are having a good time we got to go to Big Echoes Karaoke and that was pretty cool. Just wish we had some Japanese friends there to sing some of our favorite japanese songs. I tried a few of my favorite anime songs and needless to say what HORRIBLE. LMAO but still fun. the people next to us were obviously having fun as we had to turn up our music to drown them out heheheh.
They have this drink here called Chu-Hi and it is pretty potent. Kinda like Sparks in the states but stronger. Anyway thats the latest today Oh we did get to go to the imperial gardens but the palace grounds were closed for some reason plus the weather today was horrible. Lots of rain and very cold weather. But I took a total of like 80+ pics today. was very fun and cold. taihen samui deshita. niku-mon has to be my favorite dish but i got to eat マーボーラメン today. That was good there are so many Ramen dishes here and they all have been Oishikattayo.

One thing I noticed that it is true Japanese do seem to appreciate your attempts to speak japanese, But I think it is mainly b/c it helps them when they feel uneasy about speaking to foereigners. Like today when we were ordering dinner. We got passed up several times until I said something, But as soon as I spoke and they caught on that I knew a lil japanese they seemed to be at more ease when approaching us. Either way I didn't feel alienated but I do think they are a lil ignorant torwards foreigners b/c of the
言葉の壁 ことばのかべ Language Barrier

Back
Top Bottom