What's new

World War 2 Flag translation

Jerry1834

Registered
14 Jul 2015
Any help with this Flag - supposedly named to Mr Hada from North Bay Hokkaido - any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• JAPANESE FLAG.jpg
    JAPANESE FLAG.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 201
A better picture (or pictures) would help - you appear to have taken the photo of the reverse side (words flipped). I can see maybe the name Harada (原田) but not Hada.

Try using an external image host like tinypic (I'm not sure what the image size limit is here).

It needs to be flipped horizontally, not vertically.

DSCN0001.jpg
Any slogan's? Guys name and location? Really appreciate the help . This flag is going to a little display I have.

Not sure what I got - just want to make sure of both. Is there any other info I should know?

I am trying to match up the Kanji's and just can't make the connections but I want it right. Thanks for the patience.

Thanks Toritoribe! Now would Takeshi Harada would be to the left of the mining co? The 3 large dark Kanji's?

Exactly. The first two is his family name 原田 Harada, and the last one is his given name Takeshi.

2mfj1w9.jpg

Wow! You don't know how much I appreciate you expertise. Can you help me with a few more?

To the left of his name? Is this a town location? How hard do you think it would be to return to his family? Not sure if I want to go that route.

Many Thanks again,

Jerry

Not really. It's a slogan 赤心報国 Sekishinhōkoku "Sincere Patriotism".

The company name 三井砂川鉱業所 and the soldier's name 原田猛 would be enough to identify him.
OBON 2015: English

Was able to locate everything on the map - right down to the slag heap thats there.

Can you help me out with the translation to the far right - 4 kanji's?

Back
Top Bottom