What's new

With so many businesses shut down... this seems very possible

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
Our electric bills will have to increase. Simple economics coming our way. Yes, people are staying home, but many have to cut back on the electricity.

Consider this:
Severe, global drop in demand for oil caused crude oil prices to plummet in the past two months. Oil was in such oversupply that the price of oil futures actually went negative for a while.

Air travel will take a long time to recover. With more companies adopting "work from home", demand for gasoline (and automobiles in general) has taken a significant hit. Businesses going bankrupt will further depress demand for oil.
Businesses who no longer require large office spaces will further depress demand for oil. Schools who are teaching remotely will require less electricity and heating/cooling because students and teachers will be at home, further depressing the price of oil.

With such a drop in demand, it is hard to imagine prices going up.

Yeah - I probably should have added, "there is almost a zero chance of retail energy prices going down, despite the catastrophic drop in global demand".

Yeah - I probably should have added, "there is almost a zero chance of retail energy prices going down, despite the catastrophic drop in global demand".

But our new premiums for National Health Insurance went way down. And I mean way down.

But our new premiums for National Health Insurance went way down. And I mean way down.
That's interesting. Do you know why? I'm taxed as self-employed and my taxable income for 2019 was lower than for 2018 and my residents' tax went down accordingly, but my NHI only went down by about 1%. According to the details of the calculation, some of the percentages of my income used to calculate the NHI bill have increased.

That's interesting. Do you know why? I'm taxed as self-employed and my taxable income for 2019 was lower than for 2018 and my residents' tax went down accordingly, but my NHI only went down by about 1%. According to the details of the calculation, some of the percentages of my income used to calculate the NHI bill have increased.
I could take a picture of my bill. You won't believe. It unless I see it .l will say our last year bill was 7000 yen a month .

Back
Top Bottom