What's new

Will be in Japan with Work visa; need to get wife dependent visa.

itsPatronus

Registered
13 Nov 2015
I've read a bit about getting a dependent visa for my spouse if I'm working in Japan (with a work visa), but the specifics are a bit unclear to me.

What type of proof do I need to show for income or assurance that I can support said dependent in order to obtain the dependent visa for my wife? Is it a bank statement? Paychecks? Just a signature? Can someone other than me be some type of guarantor? If it's money I have to show, what amount are we talking?

Basically any relevant information here is appreciated.

Thanks all.

Your employer may already have experience with this sort of thing and be well prepared to assist. Have you checked with them?

Let me be more clear: I have two potential jobs (one teaching English, one in the professional field of IT), but I don't want to commit to anything unless I know in advance I'd be able to bring my spouse with a dependent visa. I suppose I could inquire through the workplace(s), but I don't want that to be looked on negatively.

I know for a student visa you'd have to show proof of income or funds, I'm assuming it's the same for a dependent visa, but I'm trying to pin down some more clear documented requirements. Maybe I could call the Japanese embassy...

Others in both fields have easily gotten dependent visas for their spouses. Don't worry.

Here is the form for their certificate of eligibility
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000103474.pdf
Here are the docs you must provide.
Immigration Procedures Guidebook

As Mike wrote, talk to your employer to get a doc certifying your income. Done deal.

I suppose I could inquire through the workplace(s), but I don't want that to be looked on negatively.
Why would it?

Back
Top Bottom