What's new

Why Japanese women are thin?

Muz1234

Sempai
13 Aug 2014
I am curious, why are they thin? I mean do they eat 3 times per day? How is their diet that they can become thin like that?

It is a bit of a myth, they might look thin to foreign eyes (especially to Americain eyes) but a lot of Japanese are actually overweight, even though it is probably not at the level of the USA, as for the dietary habits the japanese eat more and more meat and greasy food from what I am seeing.

What stil save them from going over the top like in the US is that the portions are at restaurants are a lot smaller than the US, food is more expensive than the US, and a lot of people still have to get around by walking so they have a minimum of physical activity.

The amount of food and soda you get in the US is just insane, one breakfast meal from Wendy's has the same amount of food I eat in a whole week here in Japan.

Last edited:
It is a bit of a myth, they might look thin to foreign eyes (especially to Americain eyes) but a lot of Japanese are actually overweight, even though it is probably not at the level of the USA, as for the dietary habits the japanese eat more and more meat and greasy food from what I am seeing.

What stil save them from going over the top like in the US is that the portions are at restaurants are a lot smaller than the US, food is more expensive than the US, and a lot of people still have to get around by walking so they have a minimum of physical activity.

The amount of food and soda you get in the US is just insane, one breakfast meal from Wendy's has the same amount of food I eat in a whole week here in Japan.
Food in Japan is expensive?

food is more expensive than the US, and a lot of people still have to get around by walking so they have a minimum of physical activity.

While supermarkets are more expensive than in Europe (and I assume in the US) eating out is much more reasonable. Even dinner at an izakaya is generally cheaper compared to European restaurants (except for steak houses and pizzerias).

Either Wendy's serves breakfast in wheelbarrows or you're eating like a bird. 😆

I am curious what do they eat everyday? I know if I ask a Japanese women, what is their weight, most of them would tell that it is a secret.

Back
Top Bottom