What's new

Which Japanese first names do you like the best?

18 Dec 2007
A similar post was brought up regarding family names, I personally think many Japanese first names sound cool.

Which one's do you like?
My Favourite -

Boy = Kai

Girl = Megumi

Akemi - 明美

Why? My wife! Not to mention the meaning of the Kanji in her name can be pictured in a romantic setting.

Some others I came across that seemed cool:

Ari, Yumi, Yuri, Terumi, Sayo, Maki, Shoko, Aiko, Keiko,

Akemi - 窶督セ窶敕シ
Why? My wife! Not to mention the meaning of the Kanji in her name can be pictured in a romantic setting.
Some others I came across that seemed cool:
Ari, Yumi, Yuri, Terumi, Sayo, Maki, Shoko, Aiko, Keiko,

Akemi just happens to be the middle name of a sister of mine. Akiko being the other for my other sis.

Girl: Saori, Hitomi, Haruka, Yuki, Natsuki
Boy: Keisuke, Asato, Tsuyoshi

I like the sound of these names (regardless their meaning).

I like Taro, Aiko, and of course many more! (I just can't think of them haha). I also like Kairu! It's not my birth name, so I picked it for a reason, you know? :p

I've always been a fan of だいすけ (not sure which kanji I prefer), or in romaji, Daisuke. I just like the sound of it...

I know more last names than first name in Japanese!

girls names: Eriko, Emiko, Yumiko

boys: I need some help here...I don't know many boys names, and I the ones I do know, I am not fond of. Does anybody have some more suggestions? I do like Kai but it is in the top 10 of names here in the USA, so for that reason it's not a favorite though!

Are those boys or girls names? I am not sure, is there a way to tell if a name is a boy or girls name? Well, aside from knowing the person! :)

Are those boys or girls names? I am not sure, is there a way to tell if a name is a boy or girls name? Well, aside from knowing the person! :)

well neji and haji are male names...while saya is a girls name..

these were examples of names consisted of two syllables ...
i think it is universal to know what sounds feminine and what sounds masculine..

the sound conveys a tone of masculinity or femininity .....

oh but some names are strait obvious to be either for girls or boys..
such as every name ending with "ko" ( junko for example) that is always a feminine naming...

or names starting with ichi ( ichigo for example ) these are always male names.

さくら - of course the meaning of cherry blossom makes it have a pleasant significance, but I love how people choose to write it in hiragana, presenting the symmetry of the written word.

Boy: 顕【あきら】, 直太【なおた】 I would tend to pronounce it as ねいおうた if using it for my child's name, much like the Americanised 'Naomi'
Girl: なつみ -- in hiragana, i love this name

I think I like the third one. Japanese girls are good.

I think I like the third one. Japanese girls are good. What do u think about?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom