What's new

What's your favorite 3D beat' em up game?

CBT1979

先輩
14 Nov 2006
Mine has always been the Tekken Series, because of the characters, story and the way it plays when fighting against human opponents.

Virtua Fighter and DoA sure look great but I don't like the controls. To me Tekken is like Street Fighter, not the best in graphics but always the best in control and tactical fighting.

I think Tekken 5 is the best beat em' up. 👍
Tekken has the best controls and best graphics.

Tekken series for me to, also the game Soul Blade (from the same creators of Tekken and also known as Soul Edge) on PlayStation I used to enjoy a lot as well. My favorite character was Voldo who had swift and speedy moves and blades or other small arms at the end of his hands...it actually rather looked like it where his hands. Also Siegfried Schtauffen was one of my favorite character, pretty slow, but I mastered all his moves and if he was able to perform a combo and hit once, then it was as good as game over (for my opponent). Another part I liked in here was the fact that each character could earn new weapons what changed the performance of your character...faster, slower, stronger..etc.

This game was also very popular in the arcades, that's where I played it first, later on PlayStation.

b00004ubxv02lzzzzzzzgt5-1.jpg

Soul Edge and its successors

Yeah, the Soul Edge/Soul Calibur series is also very nice and as you said before also a product of Namco.
I played Soul Edge on PSone, Soul Calibur on Dreamcast and Soul Calibur2 on PS2. Didn't bought Soul Calibur3.
Tekken 5 is nice but I hate the almost endless and unfair aircombos!
Although you almost land on the floor, the oppoenent still can kick you to the air to continue another 5+hit combo. And Jinpachi is more unfair than challenging IMO. That makes me playing storymode with each character only once.
But the graphics and the opportunity to customize your characters is nice.

if we are talking about doble dragon... i like more the double dragon II: the revenge, was so exiting.........a long ago

Its a tie between Double Dragon and Battle Toads. Nothing beats the old school classics!

Even the game of "final fight" was really really good and the games of Battle toads was the best of the best......... a long ago :)
i remember the game "Battle toads in battlemaniacs" for super nes.... i like it 😄

It's gotta be Def Jam Vendetta for me. Awesome stuff.... real fun, no fake light moves and things like that

Back
Top Bottom