What's new

What's the most difficult language in the world?

What's the most difficult language in the world?

• Total voters
I studied chinese for three months at the university, but had to give up. Most of my fellow students had a lot of problems with the pronounciation. My main problem was to memorize so many caracters. And further our chinese teacher merely scolded us for not beeing good students, but my God we were strugling! He did not know anything about peadagogics - he merely "whipped us like we were lazy mules" - a real a**-hole. After one year more than half of my class had dropped out!

Unless one is familiar with all the languages in the world, then one cannot give an informed opinion as to which one is "the most difficult language in the world." I am reminded of the way that American (and probably British) cultural supremacists like to make claims such as "Shakespeare is the greatest writer in the world!!!" when they obviously have not read all the other writers in the world.

To me China language wold be really hard - there are so much different symbols ( maybe you call it kanji ,I don't know ) . I can't even remember about how much them are ...But probably no one will answer in this question ,because in that case you have to know them all . Thats my opinion .
Over 50,000 hanji. And the hardest languages that Ive come across are Czech (native), Basque and Either Finlandish or some other language i havent come across.

kimo sudu Hardo Gay yeh!
Han Chan were you the last one out?
I cant imagine a chinese class, let alone the whole class dropping out.
That imagination is like a Void, Out of our Galaxy kind of thing.
Hurts my brain. Ouch

Last edited:
kimo sudu Hardo Gay yeh!
Han Chan were you the last one out?
I cant imagine a chinese class, let alone the whole class dropping out.
That imagination is like a Void, Out of our Galaxy kind of thing.
Hurts my brain. Ouch

Actually I was trying to do two studies at the same time, but that was too overambitious. I was one of the first to drop out of my class, while the bulk dropped out during the christmas break. By the end of the year (May) I realized that it was only the half of the students who had devoted all their energy to memorizing, memorizing and memorizing again who passed the examn.

I can say a few things in finnish and to my experience it was not more difficult to learn than basic japanese. Basque seems strange with so many x'es. For example one Tour de Frace cyclist is called: Txurruka! How would you pronounce it?

i feel that have to depend on how ppl looks at it bah..ppl wif more interest in a language could have an easier time learnin it. still, personally, i feel dat tamil is e hardest language to master. whenever my indian friends are talkin, it juz felt like a bunch of words tgt. been wif them for long n i still cant pronounce some of the easier word T.T

Aww, Finnish isn't really THAT hard, but to foreigners it might be. I mean, my dad has lived in Finland for about 16 years and he can speak Finnish pretty well, not perfectly though.

I think the most difficult language is the language of Iceland.

Aww, Finnish isn't really THAT hard, but to foreigners it might be. I mean, my dad has lived in Finland for about 16 years and he can speak Finnish pretty well, not perfectly though.
I think the most difficult language is the language of Iceland.

I agree, I think icelandic is the hardest.
There was this one man on the TLC channel (or maybe it was discovery) who had an incredible memory after he had an accident. After only a few weeks he could speak icelandic really well.

I would have to say English.

I am English, but goddamn even I mix it up sometimes!

Mandarin is the hardest language to me.
I can grasp the language but to speak the language it's hard.
The intonation, how you enunciate it, it drives me nuts.

I think the languages that are not written in letters are very difficult to learn like Asian or Arabic languages. That's why we use romanji on those languages.
It makes it easier to learn.

I think the languages that are not written in letters are very difficult to learn like Asian or Arabic languages. That's why we use romanji on those languages.
It makes it easier to learn.
Both arabic and most asian languages are written with letters, but their alphabets looks different from roman caracters.

it was either iceland or greenland. One of those two nations.
Islandic is not so difficult for me, as Danish and Islandish have the same root. Grenlandish or Kalaallisut is very difficult. Furtunately for Danes visiting and working in Greenland most of the 54,000 people in Greenland speaks Danish as well. However, we do try to learn some Kalaallisut in order not to behave like oldtime colonizers.

Some years ago all the danish names of the towns in Greenland were scrapped in order to respect the local culture. One small town Qaqortoq (notice 3 q's!) is however mostly still called Julianehaab because few Danes seem to be able to pronounce it.

Polish. I get my tongue twisted each time I see a name and try to figure out how it could be possiblly pronounced.

Back
Top Bottom