What's new

Use Google Translate kids!

Jhopesstrawberry

𝒜𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝒶 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒶 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝑒𝒹😜
4 Apr 2021
So I was scrolling through new threads being nosy like I always do, and then I came across this post. I aint gonna call the person out cuz you could look at it right now in the new thread "mail husband" or something weird like that. When I first saw it I was like "is that a bot?". Just turns out to be some Italian (I think?) guy using some irrelevant translator looking for some Japanese woman. (Which is only a little concerning?)
20210424_000202.jpg

Yeeeeah this thread was unsettling for a number of reasons. It's hard to give the benefit of the doubt to new members that come out of the gates with stuff like this; it was kind of a coin toss between a complete troll (in which case, not really worth engaging) or an actual serious request, which raises all kinds of other questions and concerns (like, "how did you reach adulthood thinking like this!?"). Since the responses failed to clear anything up, but introduced even more bizarre ideas and questions, it was decided that closing the thread was a reasonable compromise between outright banning them and giving a credulous platform to some strange brand of misogyny..

At first I thought maybe it was a bad translation, but there was too much to chalk up to that alone. Either way, if any member decides to use a translator to post here, it would be best for them to include the untranslated original message as well, regardless of which service they decide to use.

Back
Top Bottom