What's new

U.S. elections results effecting Japan and Korea

zeroyon

後輩
27 Oct 2004
I posted this in US Issues in a reply to another thread, but I felt like posting it here too...

What does japan think about the election results? Are they generally unhappy like the whole of europe, or are they happy? I know that Kerry wanted to break off multi-lateral talks with North Korea, meaning if Kerry was elected then Japan would have been left out in discussions with North Korea. Theres also the Kyoto accord and other stuff too though...

What does the general Japanese population think about having Bush be re-elected? Yay or nay?

Because of the grave mistake the American people have taken as to elect Bush for presidency that country will not have a bright future.

As for Japan its citizens hate Koizumi and Bush altogether, I saw on Aljazzera(Arabic news station) that this one japanese dude made a poster The Terrorist(Bush) and his dog (Koizumi).

Various surveys show that most Japanese people were strongly in favour of Kerry. like Europeans. Only Koizumi quietly supports Bush because he doesn't have the choice (as they have met several times and have special agreements).

In real life, I'd say that many Japanese don't care at all or don't have a clue about the US elections. Those who do are almost all in favour of Kerry, and movies like Fahrenheit 9/11 have certainly played a role in this anti-Bush feeling.

indeed, I didn't like neither candidates but I guess america should have chosen "the less of the 2 evils"

Isn't that some bull? Why does noone like either one? I think it is quite weird. Will there ever be a "perfect camdodate"? I am happy with who won! And honestly though, who cares what the Japanese people think? Don't take this personally please! I didn't mean it mean. But isn't it the gov't of Japan that we need to be nice with. lol. Don't flame me too much lol. I was just asking! ^^

ehh, no offence taken its that you have one candidate (Kerry) who changes possitions and you have a cowboy (Bush) who wont admit his mistakes and is piling more garbage on top of that. Shoot Austrailia had better candiates.

Kerry constantly changing his opinion or position is just a hype created by the Republicans. If you had carefully listened to everything he said (I watched all 3 presidential debates, the Democratic convention, etc.), he actually doesn't and is very consistent. But things aren't just black or white, and that is what simple people don't understand. And as the majority of Americans are simple-minded that acted in Bush's profit. That is surely the best explanation I can think of to explain the election's results.

you have a point, I only saw 2 of the elections, I still can't believe Bush won, I honostly thought Kerry was gonna win.

Forshame -_-

The Democrats knew they couldn't win against Bush (a stupid attitude) so they chose Kerry as their candidate, knowing that they only had a very slim chance so they chose someone who they didn't care if he won or lost. so sad

Maciamo said:
Kerry constantly changing his opinion or position is just a hype created by the Republicans. If you had carefully listened to everything he said (I watched all 3 presidential debates, the Democratic convention, etc.), he actually doesn't and is very consistent. But things aren't just black or white, and that is what simple people don't understand. And as the majority of Americans are simple-minded that acted in Bush's profit. That is surely the best explanation I can think of to explain the election's results.

The problem with Kerry was that he kept saying that he had a plan (for everything) but he never spelled out his plans!

He did say some of it, but he was very brief. Maybe thats why the american ppl elected bush because they couldn't really rely on any other candidate.

Yeah, but if you are telling me you are going to fix something, then at least tell me how you plan to do it! I'm aware of the problems that Bush has made, but like some past Presidents, I'm hoping that he will use his 2nd term to correct (some of) the problems that he created! At least I feel that Bush understands what the people feel and will try to make things better. I also understand that he can't do it alone, Congress needs to back him in order for things to get better.

Personally, I think that Bush doesn't care how the people feel. One of my biggest gripes is that now America has a totally Republican government. That totally sucks.... I can't believe Bush won... so much for whole 'every vote counts.'

Maciamo said:
Various surveys show that most Japanese people were strongly in favour of Kerry. like Europeans. Only Koizumi quietly supports Bush because he doesn't have the choice (as they have met several times and have special agreements).

In real life, I'd say that many Japanese don't care at all or don't have a clue about the US elections. Those who do are almost all in favour of Kerry, and movies like Fahrenheit 9/11 have certainly played a role in this anti-Bush feeling.
Yes, that's just how I've perceived it as well :haihai:

Back
Top Bottom