What's new

Two gay guys in your house overnight?

2 Gay guys sleep together in your house overnight, potential intercouse together

• Yes i would be completely cool with it!

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I think i would be fine with it as long as i didn't hear them.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Now i think about it, I really don't know...

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I wouldn't feel very comfortable about it, but would still have them over overnight

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wouldn't feel comfortable about it at all, and so would avoid having them stay overnight

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

Tokis-Phoenix

先輩
23 Sep 2005
I'm a very liberal person by nature, but this is an issue that i came across that to me & others i have spoken to is a bit of a gray area. The scenario;

Say you have moved to a house in a new area and it has a guest bedroom. One of your best friends is a guy who is gay and is in a long term relationship with another guy who is also very nice. Naturally your friend would like to come over and see your new place, and because it is quite a long drive away and you have a guest bedroom you are considering having him come over and stay the night.

You are totally fine with him being gay and have nothing against his relationship with his boyfriend. You agree strongly with the rights of gay people because it is right to do so.

But the thought occurs that like any other couple, he may have sex with his partner overnight in the guest bedroom in your house. You may be totally cool with gay people but you also may not find what they get up to appealling in the slightest.
The thought of 2 guys having sex may completely gross you out.
But on the other hand you can hardly tell your friend "Sure you & your partner can stay over in my house as long as you promise not to have sex with each other!". Equally though if it is something that grosses you out a lot you may not want to take the chance of them sleeping together overnight, and in the morning when you are taking the sheets off the bed wondering to yourself if 2 guys had sex on those sheets that you are currently handling and putting into the wash.

So considering all this do you invite your friend & his partner to stay overnight or not based on the chance they may have sex together overnight in your house on one of your beds? Honestly (really honestly), how would you truly feel?
I have my opinions on the rights & wrongs of stuff, but i'm not an easily offended person and would really be interested in hearing your opinions on this issue. We all know what we should & shouldn't say in society, but its still important how you truly feel about things. You may be completely cool with gay people, but when come up with the issue of being confronted with potential gay sex in your house would you feel that comfortable about it?
I don't think a lot of people actually would. Though i do find it kinda funny how many would probably be more comfortable with a straight pair of friends having sex in their house than a gay pair of friends. Though there are of course those who would be turned off by the thought of having anyone have sex in their house with someone else, regardless of sexual orientation.

Last year when I was rooming with my best friend I made it clear to him I was uncomfortable with the thought of him having intercourse with his girlfriend while she was over. I do need to clarify this a bit, however. We lived in a two room apartment; a common living space and a shared bedroom. So, the only two places to do it would be in the bedroom I also had to sleep in, meaning I would be present when they did it, or they would have to do it on one of the futons that everyone uses, also a thought I wasn't comfortable with.

That being said, if they had their own room I would be perfectly OK with it, gay or straight. How do you feel?

Honestly i don't know how i feel about it. I'm sorta the opposite to you in the house ownership thing though- i would be totally fine with it if it wasn't my house (i.e. like i was renting it etc), but less so if it was my own house & bed that i had bought with my own money. I don't know why i feel this way though & my feelings are very mixed up about the issue- in some senses the more i think about it the less strong my opinions are growing either way, so i'm very curious to see what other people honestly think about the issue. Hopefully the annoymous poll will encourage people to speak honestly about this issue as i know this sort of stuff is very controversial in society.

I would be equally perturbed if it were a straight couple having sex in a bed that I purchased and had to change the sheets. If I have friends over and they decide to have sex in my bed, that shows a lack of respect for me and my things. Their sexual orientation really doesn't matter to me.

As my best friend I would expect him to respect my house enough not to do anything like that. Its not that I would say "don't have sex in my house" or anything like that, but at least for me, I would find doing that in my friend's house abit disrespectful. Aside from that, no compared to a girl and guy having sex I don't find two guys having sex a comforting thought, but I have no problem with people being gay.

Would they take offence ??

I'm old fashioned I guess. I would not expect an unmarried couple to sleep in the same bed. I would give up my bed for one and sleep on a cot or the floor so each person would have their own room.

Uncle Frank

😊

I thought this happens only in movies,and not all movies....
If my friend came to my house with his wife then the women share a room and the men have a room away from them as houses here are built in a special way that fits the culture.
If we spent a knight in a hotel then we take two rooms,We never share rooms with someone's woman.

As for gay,I never imagined something like that.

I would have no problem with them sleeping at my place, or even them sleeping in the same bed. The possibility of sex, that is where it gets weird, no differently than if it were a guy and a girl staying over, I would feel weird with them having sex in my house. I would not be offended if anything did happen, I would just wish that my friends were a little more respecting of another persons home.

I would offer them a Motel-room and pay for it. Save the friendship
from embarassing situations! They will use your bathroom, shower and
toilet too. Who is cleaning up? Guestroom for familymembers!
Just my opinion!

Gay or straight I'm not sure I'm okay with people having sex in my appartment. If it happens it happens, but I would pick up some sheets that I wouldn't care about tossing out.

One night shouldn't equate need for sex by any stretch, but were it to occur, are you really that upset by the prospect? It seems you are peering needlessly into the affairs of a guest you have allowed into your home. I would say concern over someone having sex in a bed you invited them to sleep in is fairly rude, but the possibility of such an occurrence is slim.

Strike the thoughts from your mind, Tokis-Phoenix. They are unnecessary and inconsiderate. I voted other for the record, because I would ask them if I could join in for threesome fun!

I would be equally perturbed if it were a straight couple having sex in a bed that I purchased and had to change the sheets. If I have friends over and they decide to have sex in my bed, that shows a lack of respect for me and my things. Their sexual orientation really doesn't matter to me.

Yeah i guess i can see where you are coming from, i understand that too and am now wondering whether i feel uncomfortable about people having sex in my house in general. Hmm....
Its just when you've bought everything with your own hard earned money, you've loved it and spent time arranging and decorating everything and keeping it clean & tidy etc, you don't really want some other couple (even if they are close friends of yours) to then have sex on it ('cos you'll be the one washing the sheets etc the next day, and finding some "stains" or pubes on the sheets etc would be pretty gross...).

One night shouldn't equate need for sex by any stretch

Well you never know, if it issues you do you really want to take that chance? Me & my guy have been together for other 8 years now and are still at it like rabbits lol 😊 .

It seems you are peering needlessly into the affairs of a guest you have allowed into your home. I would say concern over someone having sex in a bed you invited them to sleep in is fairly rude, but the possibility of such an occurrence is slim.

Strike the thoughts from your mind, Tokis-Phoenix. They are unnecessary and inconsiderate.

I'm very much a person who strives to find an answer or solution for every question i come across (annoying habit of mine), so although this was only a totally random passing thought i think its still important to discuss as it is a scenario that could apply to myself (and i'm sure plenty of others too).

I voted other for the record, because I would ask them if I could join in for threesome fun!
Lol i generally go by the rule "Friends are more important than flings!" 👍 .

So long as I never knew about either heterosexual or homosexual intercourse, meaning don't make either obvious if you're staying at my pad, I wouldn't care.

Hope nither is a "howler" , LOL.

While working as a policeman years ago, we got a call about a woman being killed. It was summer and people had their windows open. When we got to the parking lot , we heard the horrible screams , even though the 911 caller had reported it came from the 10th floor. We took the elevator to the 10th floor and pounded on the door where the screams were loudly pouring out. An embarrased couple came to the door , a bit red faced about their loud sexual escapades. I think after that , the husband covered her head with a pillow.

Uncle Frank

:D

Are we talking about a one night stay? I think any couple can wait at least a day. *or there in to people hearing them.
If where talking about a week or so. I wouldn't mind. People have needs.
I don't mind washing the sheets and putting them back. I don't find it al that different then having to do it when I had sex on my own bed and sheets. I need to was those to anyway. So why care.
Like I said I don't realy mind if it's a week or more. But I wish any geuts would save it for there own house is there only staying for just a few days.
But gay or strait I really do wish they use a condoms so don't have to clean those stains out. *for some reason I'm fine with grabbing a tissue to throw those out than having to clan the stains.

But if where sharing a room….HELL NO

Let them **** in the bathroom. At least it's fairly easy to clean up there. If that doesn't suit them they can piss off. Any couple, that is. And if they're noisy and I can't sleep, well, I'll be interrupting.

Let them **** in the bathroom. At least it's fairly easy to clean up there. If that doesn't suit them they can piss off. Any couple, that is. And if they're noisy and I can't sleep, well, I'll be interrupting.
you made me LOL:D.
The noise would be worse then the sex

you made me LOL:D.
The noise would be worse then the sex

Hahaha, then you would have liked my original idea which I quickly dismissed as fairly ridiculous. It is to draft and agreement which stipulates that should there be any lingering remnants of passion on the bedding or sonic blasts of ecstasy in the middle of the night, then they -the couple, homo-, or heterosexual- will enter into a contract of slavery as slaves. My slaves. Lamentably few courts would uphold such a contract, despite the fact that it would be a very satisfying and suitable penalty for a pair of stupid ****s who have not yet figured it out how not to act in such ways that would annoy the person or persons whose hospitality they enjoy by the time they are old enough to have figured it out how our species ****s.

Personally couldn't care less as long as I didn't hear what was going on. I change the sheets after anyone stays the night in our guest room any how. I Just don't like the thought of having another guest sleep in a prior guests "funk". Thats what washing machines and hot water are for.

Wow, I'm surprised that so many of you are uncomfortable with the idea of guests having sex in your house. Whenever I've stayed with friends or family, it's never occurred to me to refrain from having sex in case I offended my hosts. I just assumed everyone considered it a natural thing that someone might do if they happened to stay overnight at your house, as natural as using the toilet :D

Having said that, I wouldn't dream of making loud noises or leaving stains on the bed, and I would hope that my guests would extend the same courtesy. It makes no difference to me whether it's a gay or straight couple, married or unmarried. Sexual orientation is a total non-issue for me.

I'm a hermit nowadays, but before I was married and particularly when I lived at home with my parents, we would have wild parties several times a year with people of every orientation sleeping all over the house :D As soon as I was 18, my parents let my boyfriend sleep in my bed. Before I met my husband, my bisexual boyfriend lived with us for three years, two of which we shared a room. So, I guess having such liberal parents went towards making the whole idea not such a big deal for me 😊

I wouldn't want to hear it, but I wouldn't care one way or the other. If I did, I wouldn't allow them to sleep in the same room or to stay over. Having them stay, I guess you would have to expect that something like sex may occur when you ask couples to stay over whether they be heterosexual or homosexual.

Last edited:
Honestly (really honestly), how would you truly feel?
I don't have gay friends. So, for me it's easy.
I and my hubby never stayed at people's houses (his parents' doesn't count). We always stayed at hotels when we visited some of our friedns in other prefectures. Why do you invite people who can't pay for the hotel?
I actually somehow admire your weird idea of friendship. You can't accept a friend "partly." You are either his true friend and you have to deal with all his stuff. Or you are just a guy who knows this gay. I find gayness gross, so I don't keep gay friends and don't invite them to my house. But I know some gays and that is just that- I know him/I met him/I remeber his name/but he is not my friend who can stay at my place. But if you keep the guy who is a gay as a friend and you invite him to your house, deal with it. You can't restrict their rights on privacy if you submitted a room for them. They are within their rights to do what they wish and you are not withing yours to prohibit them to enjoy themselves. Your call.

"I and my hubby never stayed at people's houses (his parents' doesn't count). We always stayed at hotels when we visited some of our friedns in other prefectures. Why do you invite people who can't pay for the hotel?"

I'll bet you're Japanese. :) You sound Japanese, anyway.

Japanese don't like to have (or be) house-guests (except for family) because so much burden is put on the hosts, and the situation is a bit awkward for both hosts and guests. At least, that's my non-expert, gaijin opinion.

Most Americans are more casual about house-guests. Guests (good ones) will help with the cooking, cleaning, and other chores; it's part of the socialization and fun.

Staying with friends and distant relatives is fairly common here, particularly among young people. When I was in college, I stayed various nights, in various places with people I hardly knew. Among those were Japanese, who were marvelous hosts; I know I must have been a heavy burden, and owe them my gratitude.

Back
Top Bottom