What's new

Two Flags

Boongie

Kouhai
11 Feb 2020
Hello. I would appreciate any assistance with translation and authenticity of these two flags. They are shown with documents and artifacts that accompany them. Thank you.

Attachments

• Flags.jpg
    Flags.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Flag 1.jpg
    Flag 1.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Flag 2.jpg
    Flag 2.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 118
The two flags were presented to the same person 小林政雄 Kobayashi Masao.
The recipient of the white envelope and the owner of the green notebook and two bags are 小林國雄 Kobayashi Kunio, who lived in 新潟県長岡市袋町 Fukuro town, Nagaoka city, Niigata prefecture. He would be most likely the father of Masao.
A word 遺髪在中 "deceased's hair" is written on the white envelope in the picture Flag 2, and another word 遺言書 "will/dying words" is written on the two papers between the two flags, so Masao had died.

The two flags were presented to the same person 小林政雄 Kobayashi Masao.
The recipient of the white envelope and the owner of the green notebook and two bags are 小林國雄 Kobayashi Kunio, who lived in 新潟県長岡市袋町 Fukuro town, Nagaoka city, Niigata prefecture. He would be most likely the father of Masao.
A word 遺髪在中 "deceased's hair" is written on the white envelope in the picture Flag 2, and another word 遺言書 "will/dying words" is written on the two papers between the two flags, so Masao had died.
Thank you for the information. Was it common that two flags would be prepared for the same person?

Thank you. Do the flags and accompanying items look authentic? I have the opportunity to purchase them. I have not seen a double flag set in my limited time of viewing these artifacts.

It's possible if presenters were in different organizations, areas, groups, etc.
Thank you. Do these two flage appear to be authentic? By authentic, I mean not of post war production and not signed by the same person? I have read reports that there are many reproductions being passed off as originals from the war period and earlier. And that in at least one case, these reproductions have been signed over and over again by the same person.

There are no suspicious points. It's not so difficult to identify the owner of the flags and items.

There are no suspicious points. It's not so difficult to identify the owner of the flags and items.
Thank you. As you suggest that these flags are authentic, and therefore at least 75 years old, what is the process to find the family of the original owners?

From information like names, relatively-detailed address, a fact that Kunio or Masao was a graduate of 新潟県立長岡商業学校 Niigata Prefectural Nagaoka Commercial School (today's 新潟県立長岡商業高等学校 Niigata Prefectural Nagaoka Commercial High School), etc.

From information like names, relatively-detailed address, a fact that Kunio or Masao was a graduate of 新潟県立長岡商業学校 Niigata Prefectural Nagaoka Commercial School (today's 新潟県立長岡商業高等学校 Niigata Prefectural Nagaoka Commercial High School), etc.
Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom